Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 4 Oct 17, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

V & A chefs table

we did this for our 25th wedding anniversary in july and had the most amazing time, would highly recommend

we went with the stated menu except we upgraded to the japanese beef, thought it would be the only time we would ever get to try it.

this wasn't on the menu, it is buffalo which the chef gave us for our anniversary

amuse bouche

bread with a variety of salts

crab and watermelon

sablefish and coconut curry soup, DH didn't like the sound of this but we both loved it

languistine

more bread, with garlic butter

veal en croute

egyptian cotton wrap i was given as the air con was full blast to keep kitchen staff cool, they told me when we went in to ask if i got cold, wasn't freezing but my shoulders were a bit chilly

stool for my bag so i didn't have to put it on the floor

not sure what this is, doesn't seem to be on menu, just realised its the duck before i tucked into it

duck, partially eaten oops

australian kobi on left, japanese on right, glad we upgraded but we both preferred the australian, the japanese was nice but so thin it didn't have much taste but it was so so tender

kona coffee

cheese selection, we aren't fancy cheese people but ate some of them

mango dome

chocolate with gold leaf

we couldn't eat the chocs so got them to take out, also presented with a special cake from the chef, again for our anniversary, not sure if everyone gets this or if it was specially for us but we enjoyed it anyway

and finally the bill, we paid straight $800 including tip, worth every penny

our chef tom, he was amazing, explained everything & so friendly

our 2 waiters, malik was the main one & was from morocco, we are from sunderland & malik told us he had been to the stadium of light, so him and my husband had a good chat about that match

mizners lounge, amazing end to an amazing night
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22

Edited at 06:45 PM.
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

Looks wonderful. I like the stool for your bag
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

The Japanese beef could not have been Kobe, anymore than the Australian which I suspect was "kobe style".

V&A do not have a license for Kobe beef.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by barryp1 View Post
The Japanese beef could not have been Kobe, anymore than the Australian which I suspect was "kobe style".

V&A do not have a license for Kobe beef.
yes kobe style as stated on the menu as its australian, true kobe is from japan, the japanese beef was miyazaki which is still wagyu but obviously not kobe
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22

Edited at 06:54 PM.
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow, looks like an amazing meal. I hope you had a great anniversary, it sure seems like you had a wonderful time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Thanks for sharing. It looked absolutely amazing. What a wonderful memory. The staff looked lovely and friendly, which makes all the difference. Glad you had a wonderful anniversary.
Old 4 Oct 17, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wow , I dont think I could convince my dh to dine here . It Looks like it was a perfect way to spend your anniversary .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Wow looks amazing 😉
Old 7 Oct 17, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

It looks amazing. Happy anniversary. We celebrated our 25th last week too
Old 8 Oct 17, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Becstarprincess
Proud to wear my Ears

Wow this looks like heaven, I would love to give it a try xx
many congratulations on 25 years xx
Becstarprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List