Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 15 Jan 07, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
The plan was to eat at either Hard Rock or NBA City - not minding which, when we got there and saw the queue at Hard Rock, we went to NBA and were seated immediately! Neither of us are interested in basketball, so that passed us by lol. It is really more like a café than a restaurant; the service was not the best we had (bit slow, ignored when trying to get another drink), but the food was very, very good.

Tin had the Ribs and Fries, he later decided that these were almost the best ribs he's had in Orlando, second only to Tony Roma's:

I had the Chicken Penne Pasta with garlic cheese bread:

This was absolutely delicious, my only complaint was that there was way too much, I think there was a whole chicken in it!

Suitably stuffed, we headed back to Jake's Bar for our nightcaps, two glasses of Zinfandel for me (the second taken back to the room, no problems with that) and Tin had three Buds. We had a nice chat with Anna, who is an Engligh woman currently working as a manager at the RPR, this is her second job there, she had come back to the UK to find work but none of the snobby London hotels would employ her, saying that her American experience does not count - she is absolutely brilliant (sorted out our poor meal on our first night there) and in my experience, American hotels can teach anyone about good customer service! Our loss I would say - look her up in Jake's if you are ever at RPR, lovely lady.
Bed for 10pm

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 07, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm at work and it's two hours to dinnertime. looking at all that scrummy food is torture... looks delicious! Will definately give it a try.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 07, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We ate at NBA in 2005 too and loved the food, no problems with the service either. Sue I had the same meal as you, chicken penne pasta with garlic bread and you are right it was huge but I managed it! Iain had chicken, which I think had cheese & bacon on with fries.

We will eat here again this year hopefully, lots of places to eat at though! Can't wait to try Tony Romas for ribs.

April 1999 - Rodeway Inn Sept 2002 - Chatham Park Villa Sept 2004 - Quality Inn Plaza Nov 2005 - Crowne Plaza Universal Nov 2006 - I Drive Inn Sept 2007 - Homewood Suites Jan 2007 - DLP & Paris
Oct 2009 - Road Trip (Groveland, Yosemite, Vegas, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Kingman, Palm Springs, Buena Park, Valencia, Santa Barbara, Monterey, San Francisco)

tracyh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 07, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Excellent ~ Thanx for sharing
Old 6 Jul 07, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
we ate there in nov 2005, service was a little slow and they forgot to bring out he baby's food, but the food was good and there was loads of it. we got a slice of carrot cake to share after, good job it was to share it was the size of the plate!
Old 8 May 08, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Thanks for sharing,that pasta looks divine!
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 08, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
smythy21
Imagineer

smythy21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
we went there last year before HHN and didnt find it that nice. didnt think there was a great choice on the menu.

we mite do the Hard Rock this year or Bubba Gumps.
Old 8 May 08, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jacqui
VIP Dibber

Ate there last in 2005, DH had a New York Steak and declared it the best he'd ever tasted, followed by the biggest slice of Carrot cake I've ever seen. On our list of Restaurants for this years trip.
Old 10 May 08, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
kev007
Imagineer

kev007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Never been to NBA City yet - but the food looks so scrummy! Will defintely try it next time

Kev

kev007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 08, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post

We ate there last summer,DW was not to keen on going ,but it was raining and it was the closest to IOA. We one of the nicest meals of our holiday, service was not bad either. Will definetly be eating there this year again.
Oh, i had the Pork chop, it was huge and was excellent.