Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jul 12, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 50
Looks lovely! Very retro! I have no problem with it not offering the FOTL passes...if you want them then stay in another hotel or buy them! I would stay there it looks really nice!
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

IG:alixbennettx
PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 12, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
3Lions
Apprentice Imagineer

Surely they will have some suites for those who want fotl but who would rather have their family in one place. It's OK if your kids are old enough to be in another room, but for those who aren't, a suite would be very attractive. We'd definitely go for it, but not without fotl.
3Lions is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 12, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Read about this last week during our stay at PBH.

Personally, I'm pleased that they are not increasing the numbers of FOTL available - imagine the FOTL wait times if the numbers staying at the new hotel were included too? Early entry is a good incentive to stay there IMHO.

There's more to the Universal hotels other than FOTL passes; we've stayed at RPR an PBH now and are looking forward to experiencing HRH some time in the future.
Anne K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 13, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
djlaosc
Serious Dibber

Universal have announced that Cabana Bay opens March 31st 2014.

You can book your stay (you have been able to for a few days now).

loewshotels/en/bookin...ata=&na=2&nk=0
Boma * Mythos * Raglan Road * Rose & Crown * Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater * Splitsville * Yak & Yeti
djlaosc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 13, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessLola
Imagineer

I disagree that there's no point staying there unless you have fotl pass, while its a big perk and I'm looking forward to using it I think that if it's a good price and you've still got early entry why wouldn't you stay at a brand new hotel over a hotel on I drive? The early entry is going to be a big perk when Diagon alley opens.

August 2014 AKL and Hard Rock hotel trip report
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=832784
PrincessLola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 13, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by PrincessLola View Post
I disagree that there's no point staying there unless you have fotl pass, while its a big perk and I'm looking forward to using it I think that if it's a good price and you've still got early entry why wouldn't you stay at a brand new hotel over a hotel on I drive? The early entry is going to be a big perk when Diagon alley opens.
Exactly, we are staying there next year for our first few nights for the early entry to WWoHP, it's half the price of a room for 5 at HRH for the same nights. Not that bothered about the FOTL as the parks are notoriously quiet at that time of year and we've been when they're busier without it. We do so much babyswitching and single rider at US/IOA that it really doesn't matter that much, the parks are only open short days due to HHN and we're going to chill around the pool in the afternoons, which has a lazy river and a great slide and other features, so I'm really looking forward to it. If we decide we would like a bit of a queue boost then I've decided I'll buy 3x standard Express passes and we'll share them, for instance DD1 won't be bothered about ET or the toddler rides, so I'll use them to take the little ones on those, and DH and DD1 can use them to go on the big rides, which I'll babyswitch onto anyway when they get off, still for much less than the cost of RPR/HRH. I do think it would be good if they offered guests a reduced rate FOTL at busy times of year, but I'm not bothered about it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 13, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post

I think I would certainly choose to stay at this hotel onsite. I have always wanted to stay onsite in Universal but sadly could never afford to stay in the other hotel onsite in Universal. And it certainly wouldn't put me off not having the Front of Line Pass, as stated I suppose getting into the park early is a major advantage. Plus if I am honest I have never found the Universal queues that big, plus my holiday usually centers doing mainly Universal Stuido/IOA etc and not solely disney. So this hotel would deffo be a plus for me and sad didn't actually see this when booking my trip for next year but I suppose can try another year!
Good move from US
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 13, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List