Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 11 Feb 15, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Stunning Scenery, wildlife and our "Wonder"ful Disney friends! - Rockies & Alaska Aug 2014 - Day 11

Wednesday 27th August

I woke a few times in night as it was a little bit rough, but nobody else seemed to wake! We then all finally woke at 8.30.

We went up to Beach Blanket for breakfast and found a table outside right on the edge at the back of the ship.

It was quite warm (for now!) and we enjoyed breakfast whilst spotting lots of whales.

This is one of my favourite photos.

We decided that this was a good place to base ourselves for today, so hubby went back to get hoodies, gloves and hats.

It got colder as we neared the glacier, so we used our blankets and grabbed hot chocolate and cookies.

We took LOTS of photos today as the scenery was spectacular.

We then had some of the lovely BBQ and later pea soup in a bread roll.

We saw stunning scenery, icebergs, waterfalls and glaciers and seals.

Notice all the seals in the distance - hundreds of them!

The captain said that it was the nearest they had got to glacier and the ship turned so everyone got view.

Went and had a look and touch of the ice that had been brought on deck. We didn't realise until we go home and looked at the photo that the ice looks like a bear!

The girls went back to the room and we sat up on deck for a while.

We then had photos and autographs with Goofy and Donald before going off to watch the full family version of Buckets and Boards. So funny!

We had dinner in Tritons (more food photos to upload!)

Escargot for the girls and I, while hubby had deep fried Brie.

I then had the deep fried Brie, oldest daughter had lobster and hubby and our youngest had onion soup.

For the main course. our eldest had mushroom ravioli, youngest had chicken and hubby and I had rack of lamb

For dessert, I had peanut butter cake, eldest had raspberry mousse, youngest had strawberry shortcake sundae and hubby had soufflé and creme brûlée.

As you can see we had started to take advantage of being able to have a 4 course meal each night and sample the lovely cuisine - not sure our best liked it though!

We had photos taken with Minnie and Mickey.

When we went back to room we had a frog towel.

The girls watched films and we went to watch the adult Marcus Monroe show which was very funny.

Stunning Scenery, wildlife and our "Wonder"ful Disney friends! - Rockies & Alaska Aug 2014 - Index

Edited at 06:45 PM.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 15, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Amazing photos today. It seems unbelievable that ships that size can go to places like that.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 15, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Amazing photos today. It seems unbelievable that ships that size can go to places like that.
Thank you - I took hundreds of photos on Tracy Arm Day. It is amazing how close you can get to everything. It really is a cruise and scenery we will never forget.

A note about taking photos on a ship - don't do what one of the passengers did while we were at Tracy Arm! They were taking photos with their iPad and dropped it overboard! They expected the ship to stop and fish it out, which they obviously didn't!

1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 15, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
Thank you - I took hundreds of photos on Tracy Arm Day. It is amazing how close you can get to everything. It really is a cruise and scenery we will never forget.

A note about taking photos on a ship - don't do what one of the passengers did while we were at Tracy Arm! They were taking photos with their iPad and dropped it overboard! They expected the ship to stop and fish it out, which they obviously didn't!

Lol he should have invested in a selfie stick! Lovely scenery
Old 11 Feb 15, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by twinkleshmoo View Post
Lol he should have invested in a selfie stick! Lovely scenery
He he - think it was a woman though :-) To think they would stop the ship and fish it out!
Old 11 Feb 15, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Lol, that's funny! Fab photos, I am so looking forward to seeing this in real life in July!
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 15, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Lol, that's funny! Fab photos, I am so looking forward to seeing this in real life in July!
It was truly amazing - I am so jealous - I would go back in a heartbeat!

Look forward to hearing about your holiday when you get back.
Old 12 Feb 15, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8

Wow, some people!

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 15, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Wow, some people!
I know - incredible!
Old 14 Feb 15, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

I'm loving the whales and DH is impressed with the glacier and gave me a lesson about parts of the glacier and why it is blue... he's a geography teacher, sometimes I go out with him and he explains all kinds, it does feel like I'm on a school trip though .
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List