Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 4 Jul 15, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney babe View Post
I've never been on Facebook before because with my job many people have been disciplined and I have no interest but just read about you chatting to people on your cruise, I have made a facebook account with a fake name to hopefully chat to people on my cruise. I don't know where to start, I searched dcl but it looks like an official site, is this where I go or do I search something else.
I have sent you a PM! Lot of info.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 15, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

Great report so far. We are booked on a three night Dream cruise this October. This will be our second cruise, having done a seven night Med cruise on the Magic last year. I'm excited to see all the differences between the ships and visiting Castaway Cay of course.
Glad to hear you had a fab cruise!
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 15, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

great report,look forward to more. mo x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 15, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I just had a quick search and you search for Disney Dream and then your dates so for me it's 16th September 2016 so I would search Disney Dream September 16th - no group for mine yet but it is quite a long time away! Happy hunting and I'm happy to have a look for you if you don't find it 😃
pho3nix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 15, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by pho3nix View Post
I just had a quick search and you search for Disney Dream and then your dates so for me it's 16th September 2016 so I would search Disney Dream September 16th - no group for mine yet but it is quite a long time away! Happy hunting and I'm happy to have a look for you if you don't find it 😃
There is a group for the 9th and after yours, what a shame- sure someone will start one soon, not many without one already!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 15, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

I had the

Well I am not quite sure why but we were very lazy this morning- all the sea air knocks you out.

I had all good intentions of doing the 5K but I decided the night before to bail.
We had another leisurely room service breakfast and packed our bags for Castaway Cay.

The views on our aft balcony are fabulous as you reverse into CC.

The men have landed and they sure work hard securing the ropes.

It is lovely here, it feels like Disney's own tropical theme park- which I suppose it is really!

Lots of lovely touches..

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/atta...d=14367187 04

Somebody just got married- so romantic but to be honest I was hot in bikini and thin sundress at 10 am so how hot were they.

We saw some funny people wearing some fabulous swimwear!

And some wearing no swimwear at all!

We met the main man in his beach attire!

We settled at the end of the family beach as the BBQ is not far behind it- this came in handy later! It looks crowded in this photo but it was not too bad.

We just relaxed and Michael had his own snorkel gear and shot off to snorkel but then came back as the man said he couldn't do it as he hadn't hired the set with the vest. I knew this was wrong and looked around and then realised the life vests were all hanging off the life guard station near us. So Michael ran off again and was gone for ages. I was really annoyed about this as the man should have just said he needed to go get a free vest-naughty Disney! You can hire all the stuff but it is about $30 and who wants to use someone elses snorkel if you have one anyhow!

Another tip- Michael said the stuff to see, Mickey statues etc, is quite far out so if you have flippers they are good to use- he did it without and he was tired and he is a strong swimmer. I would say he was nearly and hour.

Peter needed the toilet and wanted to look in the shop for a CC bauble, if you know me you know we are partial to a bauble! So I just relaxed but the clouds and wind were coming over and I had just ordered the drink of the day in my resusable glass and the heavens opened. Well these cruisers are very frail creatures and many headed off back to the ship or headed for lunch; I just flipped the bags onto a sunbed, covered them in towels and a couple of chairs and sat under the sun umbrella in the warm tropical rain! There was no thunder and lightning and the hardy bar tender returned with my drink and laughed, not at me but at the others. I said to him I was from England and this was just the sort of weather we were used to but this rain was warm and like a shower. He looked at the clouds and the wind direction and said it would be gone in half an hour at the most- he was dead right and by the time Michael came back the sun was out again. Peter had come back and I popped tot he shop- he had got soaked so I bought him a T shirt, a vest for me and some magnets for my work filing cabinet.
As the rain eased off we decided to head for some lunch- finding a table was bit difficut as everyone was using the food tables shelter to hide form the rain. But we found one after a few minutes and then got some food. There is a great choice of ribs, burgers, fish , salad, cookies and cakes and soft serve. Sorry because fo the rain there are no photos of this part of the day!

We relaxed in the sun for a couple of hours and I am ashamed to say did nothing else- I didn't snorkle after hearing how far you had to go and we didn't fancy the bikes. As we had already paid for the deposit for our next cruise, and that was for seven days, I think we just wanted to chill out and take it all in.

We left it until as late as possible- it is a shame you have to leave the island so early but all the cast from the ship come work on the island for the day and have to get back to prep for dinner etc.

The aqua duck from below as we got on the ship!

Michael and I doing our Morcombe and Wise impression and I just about avoid the dress in the knickers shot!

We had to have a little snack to keep us going before dinner!

It was pirate night and the boys had pirate themed T shirts and I had a scarf and beads etc., to be honest we didn't go for it all that much with the dressing up. We had our second night at Royal Palace (it is a different menu as you get Pirate menu in the restaurant you are in twice) and I still had a great meal- epic fail on photos again!

We head on up to currents on the top deck with Christine and Fred; Marta encouraged Michael to go to the Vibe this night ( think he had enough of us at CC) and that was that- never saw him again that night or for most of the next day!

We ordered cocktails and sat by the adult bar Currents, in the warm Bahama Breeze, and chatted until the fireworks came on.

Very bad photos of fireworks at sea.

Will continue in next post!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07892.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	62342   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07894.jpg
Views:	738
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	62343   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07905.jpg
Views:	730
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	62344   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07909.jpg
Views:	733
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	62345   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07910.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	62346  

Name:	DSC07918.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	62347   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07919.jpg
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	62348   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07922.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	62349   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07924.jpg
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	62350   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07925.jpg
Views:	738
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	62351  

Name:	DSC07927.jpg
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	62352   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07926.jpg
Views:	728
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	62353   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07928.jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	62354   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07936.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	62355   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07947.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	62356  

Name:	DSC07948.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	62357   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07951.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	62358   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07959.jpg
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	62359   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07950.jpg
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	62360  
Old 12 Jul 15, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

We took some detail of the ship as we went to bed.

Our animal tonight! Last day at sea tomorrow!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2141.JPG
Views:	717
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	62361   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07961.jpg
Views:	719
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	62362   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2142.JPG
Views:	719
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	62363   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07962.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	62364  
Old 12 Jul 15, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another great read! Thanks so much...cant wait!
Old 12 Jul 15, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Were we? So would love to do that but it may be just a tad too long for us, seven day next first, lol!
Yes we definitely were! We sat on the sun beds during the rain storm as well!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 15, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
Another great read! Thanks so much...cant wait!
Ashling, that count down is going fast!