Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Aug 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ricky_Spanish View Post
Just got back from this and have to say am 50:50 with it. Started of well by hitting sdmt and a couple of other rides, then it went downhill. Kids had a melt down and park became really busy which ruined it. Just about caught the parade but mr tall stood in front of us and we had no chance with the fireworks. Arrived slightly late and there was absolutely nowhere to stand (thankfully got a good view a couple of nights ago). Saw no characters anywhere apart from the parade and I thought they were meant to be knocking about all over the place.
Character meets are across the park but in designated areas, some in the town hall, storybook circus, barnstormer and around fantasy land but probably hidden by queues of people.

I'm surprised the park was really busy as it should only be about a 7 out of 10 - perhaps it was just because everyone was in the same area for the parade and fireworks.
Last year I did rides during the first parade and just went round and round on thunder mountain
As with any parade or fireworks to get the best spot you have to be there long before it starts
Old 28 Aug 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Tbf we should have eaten before we went or early when we got there. Kids had a few sweets and went nuts. We tried for food in cosmic Ray's but they argued over a pram so we started to leave, which is when we hit the parade. After that they calmed down so went back to eat but that made us late for the fireworks. Should have had a better plan.
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

We went last night, busy but not as busy as last year. seemed to get a lot more candy this year, parade and fireworks were excellent. ride queues not to bad although 7DMT was still 30 minutes at 11.30 last night, really wanted to do some characters this year but the queues were insanely long as usual so didn't bother or would have done nothing else (i believe the queue for Jack and Sally was 2 hours at one point)

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OutbackAddict View Post
We went last night, busy but not as busy as last year. seemed to get a lot more candy this year, parade and fireworks were excellent. ride queues not to bad although 7DMT was still 30 minutes at 11.30 last night, really wanted to do some characters this year but the queues were insanely long as usual so didn't bother or would have done nothing else (i believe the queue for Jack and Sally was 2 hours at one point)
2 hours is not too bad for them, last year when I went it was averaging 3 hours!
Old 2 Sep 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
nkotb4life
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We went on 23rd, first time so nothing to compare it to, really enjoyed it but time went so quickly was a bit stressy to get everything in! We did a few rides when we got there and the queues were 30 mins or less, think we did Splash mountain, thunder mountain,pirates and haunted mansion then it was just after 6 so we queued for dwarves which took nearly 2 hours and got shorter as we were there so maybe we went a bit early? After that we did candy stops, magic photos at various locations, fireworks, parade and show and space mountain and pirates again, whilst we were waiting for last stage show daughter and her boyfriend got photo with Jack and Sally and were done in 30 mins! I thought it was expensive and more rides could have been halloweenified but we did have fun and would do it again.
nkotb4life is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Have just booked tickets for September 15th! Will be our third time and our only Disney day this holiday so going for the rides mainly, then candy, parade, and fireworks. Don't think we'll bother with characters unless we spot a very short queue.
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
munnski
Excited about Disney

Hey guys, never even thought out the MNSSHP before, but we have been looking at Disney After Hours event, what do you guys think is the big difference? How many of the rides are still opened for the halloween party? I know there isn't free drinks or snacks at halloween, well apart from all the candy! Thanks for any information guys
Old 9 Sep 19, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munnski View Post
Hey guys, never even thought out the MNSSHP before, but we have been looking at Disney After Hours event, what do you guys think is the big difference? How many of the rides are still opened for the halloween party? I know there isn't free drinks or snacks at halloween, well apart from all the candy! Thanks for any information guys
The big differences are the price and how many people.
After hours costs more but should be quieter.

At mnsshp now, it is so hot and sticky. To the point that I am thinking of going on splash mountain

Though I am sat near to Tarzan, that's a sight to make anyone hot

Edited at 12:37 AM.
lizzie145 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Fifimouse
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Fifimouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Cannot wait!

We did this party on our honeymoon in 2016 and loved it, well worth the price. Serious amounts of leftover candy too! Ride queues were non existent and atmosphere was brilliant. Really looking forward to the new fireworks and the new parade additions.
Old 18 Sep 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

We did MNSSHP last night, 17 Sept, and have done it a few years ago I have to say it was soooo busy last night.

We managed space m and buzz early on but then the queues for rides were long.

Lots of treats, although mainly English candy as sponsored by mars and wrigleys this year.

Theming, Parade and fireworks were amazing, as always.
2013 A level celebrations Mum & daughter HRH/RPR/Rosen@Pointe
2008 All the family Regal Palms/HRH
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List