Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 16 Sep 16, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Deadlinesman
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Well I'll be following this! Sounds great so far.
Deadlinesman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Amazing start, great to see your comments for Rose & Crown. We have this booked for our last night and I keep considering changing it to something else. The main reason I've kept it is in the hope of getting a great view for Illuminatons. x
Old 17 Sep 16, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Looking forward to your report.we have an ADR for rose and crown as part of the eat to the beat package.
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 16, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
Amazing start, great to see your comments for Rose & Crown. We have this booked for our last night and I keep considering changing it to something else. The main reason I've kept it is in the hope of getting a great view for Illuminatons. x
Unless there is somewhere else you are desperate to eat, I'd keep it. Time it right and you should get a great view. Although the food wasn't what we would consider to be typically British, it was enjoyable nonetheless. Hope you have a wonderful trip.
Old 17 Sep 16, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Following, great start
dismamx2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 16, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Woo, love a food report! Following!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 16, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
elle573
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Great start, will be following.
elle573 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 16, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Day 2

The plan had been to have a water park morning today, before heading off to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at around 4pm. However, it was still quite grey and showery this morning thanks to the hurricane. I checked with Guest Services, who confirmed that Blizzard Beach would be closed but Typhoon Lagoon would be open. It didn’t really feel like a water park day though, so we decided to get some breakfast at the Riverside Mill food court again and have a rethink.

We both had the bounty platter with French toast. I had an orange juice with mine, while Sean used his refillable mug for a coffee or two and took a bottle of water to have later.

Cost 2QS / $25.27

The best revised plan we could come up with was to do a leisurely tour of the monorail resorts and do a bit of hidden Mickey spotting along the way. The mugs went with us for refreshment purposes. The weather improved quite a bit as the day went on, so we sat outside to have lunch at Capt. Cook’s. Knowing we had an early ADR for dinner, we decided to just have a small lunch and shared an Angus cheeseburger with fries and some fresh pineapple. The orange juice was saved for later and we used our mugs for now.

Cost 1 QS / $19.07

Just before 4pm we headed from the Grand Floridian to the Magic Kingdom, ready for an evening of not so scary fun. Anyone who read my previous food report can probably guess what we did next. Yes, straight to Aloha Isle for a pineapple dole whip float each. Once we have one of these, we know we really are in Orlando.

Cost 2 snacks / $10.58

We had fast passes for Splash Mountain and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, so rode on both of these before heading off to the Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd Skipper Canteen for an early dinner. This was a new restaurant for both of us, so we were looking forward to it and it didn’t disappoint.

No alcohol in the Magic Kingdom, so we both ordered a punch line punch and opted for the savoury-spiced rim, which had a nice little kick to it.

We were given some bread to nibble on until our mains arrived.

Again we both chose the same dish, Dr Falls’ Signature Grilled Steak. This was cooked to perfection and the accompanying avocado salsa and chimichurri were delicious.

For dessert I had the coconut bar and Sean had Bertha’s Banh Bong Lan Cake. Both lush!

Cost 2TS / $93.00

We didn’t really get the full experience at this restaurant today. Because it was a party night, we were one of the last tables to be seated so it was very quiet and a bit short on atmosphere, although our server did attempt a couple of wisecracks. The food was excellent though and we’ll definitely be returning here.

Food done it was party time for the rest of the evening. We didn’t go mad on the candy collecting, filling our bags about 2/3 full. Some folks were filling backpacks and big carrier bags full! It’s about five years since we last went to MNSSHP and the quality of the candy has improved dramatically since then, mainly fun sized packs of things like Skittles, Starburst and various stripes of M&Ms. We ate some and Sean took the rest to work.
Old 20 Sep 16, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
Unless there is somewhere else you are desperate to eat, I'd keep it. Time it right and you should get a great view. Although the food wasn't what we would consider to be typically British, it was enjoyable nonetheless. Hope you have a wonderful trip.
Thanks, I think your right, I'm better holding onto it.
Old 21 Sep 16, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Good to see a review of Skipper Canteen. Haven't seen many and the food looks great!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List