Old 28 Aug 16, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Triple Treat Tour July 2016 Day 15 A Hash Mash Jumble Day

The previous day is HERE

Sunday 17 July

A quiet day today and not many pics

We were up around 7 and I packed up one of the cases with some of the things that we were not going to need in our last few days – aren’t those just the famous last words.

I lost count how many times I opened this blessed case in the end

We had the usual morning swim – this is just such a great way to start the day – makes you so chilled out

We had a light brekky of bagels and cereal in the villa and set off at 1145 for Winter Park , making a fuel stop on the way , just what we needed when yet again the traffic was really heavy.

We arrived just in time for our 1pm booking at It’s a Trap

This is one of those escape room games but with an actor as part of the set up

We had a party of two very enthusiastic American teens join us – they reminded me very much of Frodo’s friends in the Hobbit.

Very eager to solve things

Which is more than can be said for a couple of my party for whom it was all clearly too much effort

Personally I thought it was an hour that was about 55 minutes too long.

The minute we started I knew it was a mistake and whilst Andy and I got in the spirit , it was a bit of a lost cause on the others who were just not up for solving elvish rune puzzles in order to free the wizard.

It was ok, the actress was quite annoying but without her there is no way we would have solved it – which we did with 3 minutes to spare

It completely surprised me when Andy said he had enjoyed it

It had been a Groupon deal so not hugely expensive – I had another one for MindQuest for later the following week.

Unfortunately it didn’t get used.

After being successful in our quest and having our victorious pics put on their facebook site, we headed off for 4Rivers as it was nearby

Not thinking to check on opening times

OMG

Its closed !

As in not open

No trays of belly busting food

Totes fed up

Yep keep on driving, nothing doing here

So we opted to use our travelzoo voucher that was valid after 2pm on a Sunday at Hash House a Go Go instead

I had a strawberry lemonade margarita in a souvenir glass.

Andy had a Bud in a bag

I had corned beef hash , they also gave me fresh jam with the biscuit

Andy and the boys had various burgers

It was amazing food

Although the burgers were apparently very “meaty”

And a teeny bill. It wS $105, which is pretty good anyway, but after deducting the $80 voucher, it was just $25. Plus we left a $20 tip.

Fab

We then made the terrible mistake of visiting the outlets – mainly so the boys could do their final shopping and not be bothered by it in the last few days

The outlets at weekends are a nightmare

Ralph Lauren looked like a jumble sale – clothes strewn everywhere and huge queues

Undeterred , I set off with Connor who was not being allowed to leave until he had bought some new clothes and trainers for uni !

Andy took the other two

Connor did ok picking up some tees in RL $55 total for these three ( they were offering 20% everything)

And these trainers for $30

I visited the Mandarina Duck store - this is usually my favourite but this time the choice and the attitude of the assistants left a lot to be desired

So much so that we decided not to buy our extra suitcases from there , which we had planned to do, but just a bag and purse that I wanted

It was $94 for the two of them – the quality is always outstanding which is why I like their stuff so much , just a shame the service wasn’t the same quality

I have a receipt for a Lacoste T shirt for $22 which can only be for Andy but no photo !

Feeling triumphant that I had in fact managed to get the world’s most reluctant shopper in DS1 to both choose something and pay for it, we cut our losses and headed home

Jamie must have messed about in the pool on his own this evening

Everyone was still really stuffed from the late lunch so we just had nibbles and sandwiches from the cold meet and cheese that we had, with pretzels and tortilla chips

Plus some wine and beer for the grown ups

Not the most exciting day, but we are off to Seaworld tomorrow

Edited at 04:02 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 16, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Glad you enjoyed hash house
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 16, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Is that fresh Rosemary and raw spaghetti on the burgers? Were they lamb burgers?

10/10 for effort with the game
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 16, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Those burgers look huge !
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 16, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Glad you enjoyed hash house
Really nice food, my hash was huge and the fresh jam and biscuit were lovely

Originally Posted by Nesbits View Post
Is that fresh Rosemary and raw spaghetti on the burgers? Were they lamb burgers?

10/10 for effort with the game
Lol, the boys did ask if it was straw on the dinner ! No, they were beef burgers, it must just be a thing they do to finish it off

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Those burgers look huge !
They were ... Enormous
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 16, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

sounds like a good day, nice to see Mandarina Duck is still there, it looked like it was closing when we visited in May!
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 16, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
CuriousAlice
slightly serious Dibber

More bargains I see and I share your pain about shopping with teens. My DS is a total grouch when going around any type of shop (unless they sell xbox games, models or comics) complete with toddler style huffing and puffing. Safe to say he will not be joining my outlet trips with DD.

Shame about the role play game - I guess everyone has to be in the right mood but at least it was something different and Andy enjoyed it. Great food at Hash House. It is somewhere we haven't tried yet. Sometimes it is hard to beat fridge food with crisps and snacks at home though when you are all feeling tired and lazy (with the wine of course) x

Edited at 08:34 AM.
CuriousAlice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 16, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by emmabanana View Post
sounds like a good day, nice to see Mandarina Duck is still there, it looked like it was closing when we visited in May!
Funny you should say that, I said something similar, there was so little stock to choose from - I am normally struggling to choose but this time there wasn't a huge choice.

Originally Posted by CuriousAlice View Post
More bargains I see and I share your pain about shopping with teens. My DS is a total grouch when going around any type of shop (unless they sell xbox games, models or comics) complete with toddler style huffing and puffing. Safe to say he will not be joining my outlet trips with DD.

Shame about the role play game - I guess everyone has to be in the right mood but at least it was something different and Andy enjoyed it. Great food at Hash House. It is somewhere we haven't tried yet. Sometimes it is hard to beat fridge food with crisps and snacks at home though when you are all feeling tired and lazy (with the wine of course) x
Yes the boys can only shop in short bursts - Nick and Jamie are quite decisive but Connor really lacks confidence when it comes to choosing stuff so it can be quite painful.

Hash House was amazing and I agree, munching on nibbles at home with some vino is a lovely way to spend the evening, even though I do regret missed eating opportunities !
Old 4 Sep 16, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Definitely trying Hash House next year.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Hash House looks good, never been!

Oh the outlets at weekends are horrible aren't they?! xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List