Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
BLDY&McGoo What Are We Thankful For 2016 – Day 5 – Thanksgiving Day

BLDY&McGoo What Are We Thankful For 2016 – Day 5 – Thanksgiving Day

I woke up super hot at 12:30am and just couldn't get comfy so ended up waking early again at 6:45am. I put some bits away, did some washing and generally pottered around. I put the Macy's parade on TV and then spent a while editing the GoPro footage from yesterday to get some photos.

I'm not sure what time the other woke up but we all got ready and left just after10 to head to IHOP for our Thanksgiving breakfast.
We had to wait a little while so sat looking at the menu until our buzzer went off. We were seated in a booth today.

I had the same double BLT that I'd had before & dad had the same breakfast/blueberry pancake combo he had had too.
Scott opted for a combo this time accompanied by French toast and Kim had strawberry crepes.

The bill came to $53.40 (we left $60 = $30 Each) Dad was struggling to move afterwards as he said he had eaten way too much but the rest of us were happy.

By 11:15am we were back home chilling in the living room, Dad was listening to Elvis on his headphones, Kim was reading, I was note writing and looking through photos and Scott was Facebooking and watching silly YouTube videos.

By 1:30pm we were getting fidgety and bored so decided we would go and see if Twistee treat down the road was open so we could have some ice cream. The adults didn't want to come so it was just us too in search of some sugary goodness. Unfortunately was closed, we had half expected it to be but were still sad.

Instead we went to the Racetrac gas station to buy goodies instead. Scott went for a giant slushie drink and Chose some FroYo which wasn't very nice. We also got a HUGE Snickers bar for one of Scott’s friends so paid $20.90

We sat outside for 10 minutes or so watching the world go by and then nipped in the ‘toot’ shop next door but didn't buy anything.

We were home by 2:45pm and sat for a little while in the living room before having a go in the hot tub. Dad & Kim were reading in the sunshine and it was very much a lazy day.

Yesterday after we had been at Discovery cove I realised some of my nails were completely bare and the gel nail polish had completely come off, I bought some new polish in Target last night but obviously wasn't happy having paid £30+ just a few days ago. When I got out the hot tub I noticed Id also lost some on my toes and some was peeling away from the cuticle end so I messaged the lady on Facebook to let her know that I had troubles.
I was polite but to the point and asked whether the heat of the water etc could effect them.
The responses that came back over the next few days were very defensive/ not very customer friendly and ended in her blocking me from being able to contact her anymore. I was really upset as I can't have my nails done as I work with food so this had been the first time in 3 years I'd treated myself. To last only 4 days before all being ruined, was really annoying. After accusing me of picking them off on purpose she then begrudgingly offered to re do them for me when ever I wanted but couldn't understand why I wouldn't want to sit for an hour with someone after her being so rude to me or that It could be 3 more years until I go on holiday again and can have them done.
Either way she put a bit of a Debbie downer on my day but I sat and painted them myself to make me feel better before having a shower and getting into clean PJs

Dad & Kim were getting hungry by now so Kim started putting all our nibbles in that we had bought for dinner in Target last night as we knew a lot of places were closed and everywhere else would be heaving.
I laid the table and pottered around a bit before dishing up at 5:45pm.
It wasn't much but filled a hungry hole. We had Garlic knots (amazing), chicken tenders, Potato skins, pizza & some weird chicken/tortilla sticks.

After dinner Dad & Kim ventured out on their own for a spot of Black Friday deal shopping as we had heard that the deals started tonight. Scott isn't one for crowds or particularly a keen bargain hunter so we chose to stay behind and have a cosy night in even thought it felt like we had wasted our whole day.

We hooked our laptop up to the TV with the HDMI cable to watch an episode of The Grand Tour which was really good.
Dad & Kim came back without black eyes which was always a bonus but with plenty of shopping bags full of goodies they obviously couldn't live without, although I can't remember if we had already gone to bed or had waited up for them but at some point they showed us all the bits they had bought.

Either way it seemed that had an eventful drive with dad going the wrong way down a road and struggling to see in the dark. Scott used this as a reason why he should drive everywhere as it was the safer option.

Spends

Food - $35.90
Shopping - $15.00

Total - $50.90

Edited at 08:39 PM.
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 16, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Nothing else for it on thanksgiving... a rest day sounds very fitting

Ihop is my favourite
Old 30 Dec 16, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A nice relaxing day

Joan
Old 4 Jan 17, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Don't blame you guys having a day at home as it sounds like thanksgiving is a very busy day in Florida, I've seen the pictures of the parks 😱
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 17, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Plus you've just made me have a snicker out of the celebrations I shouldn't be eating now 😂😂
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

What a shame your nails didn't last, they looked so pretty to begin with! The business would last long displaying attitudes like that!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

nice lazy day - shame about your nails though and the poor service.
Well done Dad and Kim on the bargains , it always looks mad on TV. We have been in the Labor Day sales but Black Friday looks way worse

Dinner looked nom - those garlic knots are delish .
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Think you chose the best option to relax on thanksgiving!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List