Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 22 Apr 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by trampslikeus View Post
Not sure of the make up of your party, but if one is under 16 it would be wise to buy a Family and friends railcard which will allow all overs 16s to travel at 33% off and 60% off kids. This discount also applies to London Underground Travelcards too.
Thanks three adults over 18 and a child of age 12 - I’ll look at that thanks
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Mrs dee View Post
Help
My daughters 18th this year and she is desperate to go to London.
Options - thinking of hard rock hotel London as location looks good but as I haven’t been to London since I was 7 I’m not sure best way to get there !
1. Fly from Glasgow to Luton Stan stead to Gatwick with EasyJet but how do I get into central London ? I’ve been Googling the airports to see the options - I see Gatwick do a train to Victoria which is only two miles from hotel so that could work ? But it’s off just now due to Covid
2. Train to Euston from Glasgow as Euston is central too.
Problem is - will be need to wear a mask on transport in August and if so would flying be better as not as long ?
Hard rock is £660 bb for four of us four nights -
If anyone has any other ideas of hotels in this price bracket that you could recommend as some as so expensive. Thanks so much in advance
We took the train from glc to eus in oct last year. My girls had a fab time! Check out the family rail cards too, if you have a child 15 & under u can get 1/3 off
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Holiday time
Serious Dibber

I would also recommend the train. By the time you factor in time at the airport prior to your flight, actual flight time and travel into central London the train can be just as quick (and more relaxing).

Would also recommend nipping along to your local train station to check prices, timing etc. Our local station were fab at advising when tickets would be released, booking our seats and which train was the cheapest / quickest. In the end we paid £102 for 4 return journeys from Falkirk to London. The trainline was about 3 times this price. Was a steal.
Holiday time is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

I’d also go by train (using a railcard) and when in London, for the underfround, use either a contactless debit card, or get an Oyster card (just swipe either at the entrance and exit barriers). This is the cheapest way to travel. You need one card per person, and there is a daily cap on how much you get charged. If you do just a the odd journey even, it’s a lot cheaper than buying an individual ticket.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List