Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Feb 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
They look great. I've just started making a few pairs of my own this week.

I've got a few more pairs to make yet. I've found once you've made a couple of pairs it gets easier as you know what you're doing. The most difficult bit is getting it neat when you initially glue the material around the curved edge of the cardboard. The chip and dale ears were really hard for that because the glitter fabric was very stiff.
It sounds like the sequin fabric that we used for the bow, this bow is the second attempt 😀
Jaybeez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Latest addition x x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

What am I doing wrong? I've made 3 pairs and they look a mess, I'm struggling with the glue gun covering the bands and sticking the ears on, there's glue every where. Help someone, yours all look great
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I’ve made a few pairs. I sew the pieces of fabric for the ears together, it’s really easy and then you don’t need the beading. I stiff mine with cotton wool balls, I just pull them out a bit so they aren’t quite so round, cheap and easy.

These were my sons Peter Pan set which he made himself a few years ago. Mine are more detailed but I don’t have any photos.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
What am I doing wrong? I've made 3 pairs and they look a mess, I'm struggling with the glue gun covering the bands and sticking the ears on, there's glue every where. Help someone, yours all look great
I printed a template off pinterest, sewn the ears together. I put a thick piece of cardboard in and then stuffed if with stuffing. Once done I used a glue gun to stick the ears to the headband. Not sure if they'll hold up but theyve been fun to make x x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
how are you making them?

I made the ears then dotted a few blobs of glue along the bottom and pressed onto the band. If you glue along the whole length/close to the edges or on the band the glue tends to leak out when you press the ears down as it spreads.

It does take a bit of practice

adding ribbon or other accessories can help cover up any messy looking seams
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

I'm sewing the ears together but its anything i have to glue, i make such a blinking mess
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List