Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7 Feb 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

The one where we go for the first time as a family - May 2022 Pre Trip Report

So I figured I would do one of these and start trying to think positively about things returning to normal by the time we get to Orlando.

I'll introduce you to our family and who'll be joining us on the trip. Ages are as at of time of travel.

Myself, Charlotte (30), and my hubby, Andrew (40).

My two lovely stepsons, Kian (19) and Ethan (22)
Ethan's girlfriend Amylee will also be joining us.

And last but not least the baby of the family, Jenson (9)

This will be my first trip since 2005 when I visited with my Uncle and Cousin, and Andrew's first trip since 1995.
None of the boys have ever visited.

So a little bit about us:

Me - Way too organised, planning things down to the T, spends weekends watching Vlogs on Youtube and scrolling the internet for tips and tricks.

Andrew - couldn't be anymore laid back. Happy for me to plan everything and him just show up.

Ethan & Kian - Most excited for Seaworld and Universal for the thrill rides. We wanted to fit in Busch Gardens for them but it's going to be too tight of a squeeze in 2 weeks.

Jenson - knows exactly how many days it is until we go (456 as of writing this), can't wait to swim with the dolphins and wants to meet Pluto.

Itinerary

Tuesday 10th May 2022

We've booked parking at the airport. We originally were going to get a minibus but after previously having the house broken into for Andrews car, I feel safer them being at the airport! We will be flying from Manchester into MCO with Virgin.

We are staying at the Staybridge Suites Royal Parc Kissimmee in a 2 bedroom apartment which includes our breakfast so we should save money there. To stay at Disney would have been so expensive for 6 of us so unfortunately that isn't a possibility this time.

We've got a 7 seater hire car included so hoping with 1 seats spare in the car that the suitcase pileup in the vehicle will be ok. If not we'll chuck Ethan and Amylee in an Uber

We land early afternoon so the plan is to nip to Disney Springs Planet Hollywood to pick up our magic bands. Then to the apartment to chuck the cases in and then a trip to Walmart! Depending on the time that we get back we'll either unpack first then get food on the 192 or vice versa. I feel like unpacking first is the better option, I think once we've eaten we will just want to fall into bed.

Wednesday 11th May 2022

Today we want to do Hollywood Studios. The plan was for me to get up early and attempt to get a boarding pass for ROTR (Boarding passes are now no longer so we'll standby line if its not too long. If its bordering FOP length then we'll probably utilise Amylee's DAS on this one). Jenson also wants to build a droid so I have to book his appointment on the 12th March! Not sure whether to put this to the end of the day so we aren't carrying it around all day.

Thursday 12th May 2022

We are hoping to do Magic Kingdom today and stay for Happily Ever After (Happily Ever After is now also gone and we are gutted as we've never seen it but hopefully Disney Enchantment will be just as amazing). We had originally planned to do this on Friday but I thought Friday would be a much busier night for the show so Thursday it is and we are hoping that we won't be knackered. If we are then we can have a break in the afternoon, we aren't staying too far from Disney, come back to the apartment and chill for a couple of hours. We've also reserved another MK day next week to do fireworks if we miss it today.

Friday 13th May 2022

Today is reserved for Seaworld. I wasn't overly enthused about coming here but seeings as it was included with the Discovery Cove tickets, Andrew wanted to do it thinking the older boys would love the bigger rides. So here we are with a Seaworld day! I have booked a Park Reservation for Animal Kingdom too just because you never know what might happen and I'd rather have a back up reservation just in case.

Saturday 14th May 2022

We've reserved Epcot for today which I think is a bit silly as I know it can get busy on the weekends, however we have reserved another Epcot day next week so if we are super tired we will turn this into a chill day and cancel the reservation. We also plan to spend the evening at Kissimmee Old Town/Fun Spot and see the Car Show they have there. Ethan is a mechanic and Andrew likes his cars too so hopefully this will be really enjoyable.

Sunday 15th May 2022

We've got tickets to Discovery Cove booked today which we are super excited about. 4 of us have dolphin swim tickets booked but Ethan & Amylee have decided to opt out of the swim. We are classing this as a rest day ready for 2 days at Unviversal Orlando Resort tomorrow and Tuesday. I'm designated driver today as Andrew wants to have a few drinks on the All inclusive.

Monday 16th & Tuesday 17th May 2022

These two days are reserved for Universal. We check in to Loews Royal Pacific for 1 Night for Express Passes and spend the day in whichever park has early opening. Usually Universal. Will ride Hogwarts Express both ways! Hagrids and Velocicoaster are an absolute must, along with The Mummy (that was my favorite ride in 2005)

Wednesday 18th May 2022

Blizzard Beach and Outlets today. We've also reserved MK today too for if we were too tired last week to stay for Disney Enchantment. We can also nip back in if there's anything we missed and really want to do. I really feel for us that MK will be and one park visit and done. I know there is so much to see but Jenson really is more excited for Universal! He really doesn't want to meet characters but this can all change so we shall see!

Thursday 19th May 2022

Animal kingdom day here. Really wanting to get FOP done so again here we will utilise Amylee's DAS pass if the queue time is unbearable. She has type 1 Diabetes (diagnosed last year) and is her first time going abroad with the diagnosis so we have no idea how the heat and walking will affect her, never mind queuing for hours.

Friday 20th May 2022

Epcot day reserved for today. I really want to eat around the world and it will be flower and garden festival so looking forward to this.

Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd May 2022

I've left these days free but have reserved Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom for the two days just in case, but if not maybe some shopping if we want or back to Universal if there's anything we want to do again.

Monday 23rd May 2022
Booked in another Hollywood Studios day today for if we didn't manage to get Rise of the Resistance done. Or if we just want to go back and do it again

Tuesday 24th May 2022
Travel Home. We fly at 4pm so won't have much time for anything other than a spot of lunch I think, maybe a quick outlet trip in the morning
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Edited at 09:59 AM.
Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List