Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Apr 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Wot no Disney - Well just a smidgeon - July 2018 mainly offsite trip report - Day 6

Wot no Disney - Well just a smidgeon - July 2018 mainly offsite trip report - Day 6

Index is here

Sunday 8th July – Sleepy Day

We slept like logs. Luckily, we had a late check out at AOA as ds slept right through till 10.30am when we woke him.

Headed to landscapes of flavour again, I really like the food court here, and got 3 pastry type things. $11. Sorry no photos again as we were also heading to the pool for a quick swim.

Checked out at 1 and left our bags at AOA and headed to Disney springs.

Bit of shopping at Sephora, I love Sephora! I’d signed up for the emails and got a birthday gift, of course my holiday birthday is in July, since that’s when we mainly travel. Another of my favourites is Uniqlo, they always have great selection of Disney tops and I picked up a few.

Ds wanted to go to T-Rex for lunch, I know there are perhaps lots of better choices but we had $25 on the Landry card so it didn’t seem a bad idea. We showed the card and got a table a few minutes later despite there being a massive line. I had a cardi at the ready but it wasn’t it’s normal freezing self.

We were seated in the ice cave bit so excuse the funny coloured pictures. We tend to always have the same things when we go here but it’s generally always pretty enjoyable.

Ds had the kid’s popcorn shrimp. He loved it.

Dh had the tar pit shrimp, he loved it.

I had the Triassic trip as I have done every visit and it was great.

Ds was happy with his kids meal and picking off our plates. Our server was nice and the bill was ok for what we had,

We haven’t ever really had a bad meal in t-Rex so I’m sure Ds and the $25 on the Landry card will drag us back.
After t-Rex we went to world of Disney which is still under refurb so way smaller than normal.

We also went to the Lego shop and Ds bought an infinity war set. Just as a side note there was masses of adults hanging about with their phones. It was pretty annoying for those people trying to check out the Lego sets. It transpired it was a Pokemon go hotspot!

Ds had a frapaccino from Starbucks. A serious strawberry. It was around 5 dollars. He liked it.

We headed back to AOA and ended up just getting the bus to Pop and walking across the bridge. I think it’s great both these resorts are so close to each other as you can use the buses and food courts for both.

Requested an Uber back to the Rosen Plaza, it was $13.
We were fairly tired out so sat about for a bit trying to decide what we could be bothered doing, finally we settled on Bahama Breeze. The last time we were there we had to wait ages for a table so I reserved a table on their website for 30 minutes later and headed out. (Here’s one of my dresses from Tommy Hilfiger)

When we got there we were seated straight away and we were determined not to over order food this time but their menu is so appealing.

For drinks I had a coconut mojito ( well 2 to be exact) it was so good. Ds had a virgin pina colada and dh had a Samuel Adams.

We ordered the lobster and shrimp quesadillas, the calamari and the grilled chicken with tropical fruit salad to share. All the food was great but the salad was the standout. It was amazing.

We were not stuffed so we order the coconut cake to share. It was really good as well.

We had a lovely server and this was one of our more expensive dinners so far but well worth it.

Steps – 18k
Highlights – Ds AOA Pool, Me - Sephora shopping, Dh - Dinner at Bahama Breeze.
Old 11 Apr 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Another great day can't beat a good shopping day at Disney Springs. Glad you enjoyed your meals at T-Rex and Bahama Breeze. Cocktail 🍹 looks delicious. I'm with your DH and enjoy a cold Samuel Adams.
Old 11 Apr 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Nice chilled day
We love Bahama Breeze the food is always so good
Old 11 Apr 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Great dress
I’m hoping to get a few when we do eventually make it over
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
A good day with some nice meals, you can’t beat a mooch round Disney Springs

Joan
Old 12 Apr 21, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

Great day 👍
We are booked for a meal at Bahama Breeze on the 14th July, I just pray we get there !
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Another great day can't beat a good shopping day at Disney Springs. Glad you enjoyed your meals at T-Rex and Bahama Breeze. Cocktail 🍹 looks delicious. I'm with your DH and enjoy a cold Samuel Adams.
Thanks, you can't fault Bahama Breeze for a cocktail that's for sure.

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Nice chilled day
We love Bahama Breeze the food is always so good
Absolutely, we never seem to get past the starters with maybe 1 main added in. i see you have Endless Summer booked, I'd love to hear what it is like to stay at, it looks good and it is so reasonable.

Originally Posted by fletchie148 View Post
Great dress
I’m hoping to get a few when we do eventually make it over
Thanks, fingers crossed your trip goes ahead.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good day with some nice meals, you can’t beat a mooch round Disney Springs

Joan
thanks Joan, eating and shopping, what more could you want, I'm looking forward to being able to do both at home again soon too.

Originally Posted by Florida1972 View Post
Great day 👍
We are booked for a meal at Bahama Breeze on the 14th July, I just pray we get there !
Fingers crossed for you. I will really miss Florida again this July. Are you planning Disney and Universal?
Old 12 Apr 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Thanks, you can't fault Bahama Breeze for a cocktail that's for sure.

Absolutely, we never seem to get past the starters with maybe 1 main added in. i see you have Endless Summer booked, I'd love to hear what it is like to stay at, it looks good and it is so reasonable.

Thanks, fingers crossed your trip goes ahead.

thanks Joan, eating and shopping, what more could you want, I'm looking forward to being able to do both at home again soon too.

Fingers crossed for you. I will really miss Florida again this July. Are you planning Disney and Universal?

We should’ve gone last May but we all know what happened there also should’ve been going in 3 weeks time so now it’s October 22 but hopefully we’ll get there before then
Old 12 Apr 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
We should’ve gone last May but we all know what happened there also should’ve been going in 3 weeks time so now it’s October 22 but hopefully we’ll get there before then
You’d hope so. It’s a shame you’ve had to keep rescheduling but you’ll get there.
We are hoping to go next October too, I’m desperate to try HHN. I still keep pricing up this October but no decent prices and Dh keeps saying it’s too soon.
Old 21 Apr 21, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Love the dress!
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List