Notices

Old 21 Jun 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sweety_pie_747
Proud to wear my Ears

I've done two solo trips to Disneyland and they are so much fun! You will have an amazing time Can't wait to follow along
Old 19 Aug 18, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Ahhhh how exciting! Looks fab xx
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Sounds like a fab trip Stacey . Will be worth all the saving. How crappy of your work though to do that! xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Hope you have a lovely trip!

Re: Heathrow - you’ll be in T3 which doesn’t have a Wetherspoons but there are options for breakfast, there’s a bar next to the Boots called the Curator which is similar to a ‘spoons, Strada looked to have a nice breakfast too!
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Looking forward to reading/following along!

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Rhoose
Dancing with Tink'

Hi have enjoyed your previous trip reports. Looking forward to reading the next one . It sounds great. I went many years ago and would love to return
Rhoose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Looking forward to reading your trip report.
I really want to try disneyland next.
Your hotel looks lovely 😀
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
stace&tink
Imagineer

Hey everybody.
I can't believe how time has just flown. I leave for this trip in 3 weeks and feel so unprepared lol.
The last few months have been busy busy busy. Since getting home from spending 2 weeks in Mexico in the summer I've hardly stopped.
This past week I finally got promotion at work, I've been working my butt off for it so I'm so so happy. Definately going to get myself a celebrating button in Disneyland!

So I thought I'd very quickly share my itinerary.

Fri 30th Nov - I'm finishing work at 3pm then driving down to Heathrow. I'm staying the night at the central Travelodge. Dinner will either be grabbed on the way or they have a restaurant/bar that I can eat at once I've settled in.

Sat 1st Dec - my flight is at 9.30ish in the morning and i am due to land in LA at 1pm ish. Fingers crossed I'm at my hotel within a few hours then I'll freshen up and head straight to Disneyland.

Sun 2nd Dec - I was advised to avoid the parks on the weekends if possible as they get so busy so today I'm going on a starline tour taking in hollywood, Beverley hills, stars homes and santa monica. I'm very excited to see some new sights.

Mon 3rd Dec - hey there hi there ho there its a Disney kinda day. I have a character breakfast booked at the plaza inn in Disneyland, plan to spend until mid afternoon here and then head over to California adventure.

Tues 4th Dec - A full day in Disneyland planned with dinner booked at cafe orleans. I can't wait to try the monte cristo!

Weds 5th Dec - Today I'm taking another starline tour where I'll have 3hrs freetime in Hollywood so I'm thinking a mooxh around hollywood and highland or maybe uber to griffiths observatory? I'm not too sure yet. Then we go onto Warner Brothers studio tour. Central perk!

Thursday 6th Dec - A full day at Califirnia Adventure planned. I have a dinner reservation at The new lamplight lounge on pixar pier which looks awesome. I'm also hoping to do a bit of the festival of the holidays.

Friday 7th Dec - Morning in California Adventure and afternoon-evening in Disneyland. A friend of mine arrives today so we're planning to spend the evening together.

Saturday 8th Dec - my flight home is early afternoon so I imagine my pick up will be mid morning or possibly earlier.

So... 4 full Disney days and 2 days seeing some new sights.

I'm still feeling a little anxious. I'm absolutely fine with travelling solo, so I'm sure I'll be ok, its just all very new and so overwhelming.

I have pencilled in a couple of hours at the outlets at orange but in all honesty I don't have a huge amount of spending money and really want to get as much out of Disney as i can so think I'll save my outlets experience for Florida next year.

I also really wanted to do the walking in walts footsteps tour but haven't been able to scrape the extra pennies together sadly. Still, I'm going to Disneyland when back in April I was panicking I might not even save enough to cover the trip. I'm not going to get down over missing a tour when I'm still getting my holiday.

Breakfasts will be 1 character, ihop, dennys and I plan to just get a few bits to have in my room on a few mornings before heading out.

Dinners I have booked are cafe orleans and lamplight lounge. I want to try a few quick services too - red rose taverne, smoke jumpers grill, bengal bbq. I've spent hours watching foodie YouTube videos lately haha.

So thats really it. I have no idea what I'm doing each day at the parks yet. I just want to immerse myself in the magic and take in as much as possible. I'm hoping for a stop at Trader sams at the Disneyland hotel at some point.

Thanks for reading, and if anyone wants to follow my little adventure I'll be posting loads on my instagram... tink_2212

Who knows... there may even be a little vlog to follow. TTFN xxx
stace&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Congratulations on the promotion

Disneyland is fab and I’m sure you’ll have an amazing time. Hollywood is worth seeing but Griffith Observatory is beautiful (watch La La Land before you go if you haven’t already). We did a little hike, it wasn’t too far or difficult (more a walk than a hike) and it was lovely seeing the dog walkers and a different view of the Observatory.

I travel in the UK for work and did a solo trip earlier this year. I love being able to mooch about and get lost without anyone asking ‘where are we?’ or ‘where are we going?’. I’ll be following your travels on IG.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

I've requested you on Instagram too, hope you don't mind! 😄

I recently did a solo trip in May to NYC to see Bon Jovi, and it was great! 👍

Edited at 11:10 PM.
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List