Notices

Old 17 Dec 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Just the two of us - Feb 2019 - Pre-Trip Report *updated 12.02.18*

Hello

It's been a while since I wrote a TR but I thought that as I enjoy reading other people's so much I should write one of my own for my upcoming trip.

So here goes...

When:

19th - 23rd February 2019

Who:

Me (Helen) and my eldest Daughter, Olivia(11):

Where:

Santa Fe

How:

For the first time we're trying the indirect Eurostar, getting the 06.47 from London and changing at Lille. Coming home at 18.45, again changing at Lille. I'm a little apprehensive after only ever doing the doing direct route before but I'm sure it will be fine!

Why:

I've been thinking for a while about taking my eldest away for a few days to spend some quality 1-on-1 time with her. She has just started secondary school and has settled in so well and is really trying her hardest in all subjects, even maths! So wanted to reward her for that and also as she has a 2 year old sister (Bethany) my attention is often on her rather than Olivia but yet Olivia never complains and is just the best big Sister in the world.

After a less than successful visit in November, Olivia really, really wanted to go back again so after finding a bargain deal on the French site (for under 12s go free and 35% off) I booked it!

It's going to be strange not having Bethany with us but it will also give us a chance to take things at our own (fast!) pace and do all the "big girl" rides.

I'm so excited to experience the Pirates and Princesses festival as it looked amazing last year!

I'm only a few days away from being able to book my ADRs, so I'll probably update in a couple of days on what our plans are for dining - I'm trying to make this a budget trip wherever possible but will probably include one or two nice TS/Buffet meals!

Edited at 10:37 PM.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Now that Christmas is over and done with I can start to plan our trip a little more!

We are under the 60 day threshold so have booked our meals

19th February - La Grange @ Billy Bobs -- We went here in November for the first time and absolutely loved it. It was so much less chaotic than the other buffet restaurants and as my Daughter and I are a fan of tex mex food it was a definite winner.

21st February - Hunters Grill -- My Daughter really liked this buffet when we went last time. I wasn't as much of a fan as it was quite busy and not much choice but willing to give it a second try.

I couldn't convince DD11 to do a character meal so I think these will be the only reservations I'll be making but we'll also hopefully be eating in:

Rainforest Cafe
Annette's Diner
Earl of Sandwich

and probably some of the "quick" service restaurants (queues dependent!).

We are hoping to make a trip to Auchan as well to stock up on some snacks and drinks to avoid paying Disney prices for these!
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for pre-trip. DD given her DLP trip (first time to DLP for us, just me n her at Disney for first time) for Christmas.
Need to start the planning here too
Where is the Auchan? How do you get there from Disney property?
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Where is the Auchan? How do you get there from Disney property?
Auchan supermarket is in the Val d'Europe shopping centre. It is one stop away from Disneyland on the RER. There's lots of other shops there (including a Primark) and a sealife centre too.
Old 30 Dec 18, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DevonPumpkin
Earning More Ears

Pirates and Princesses looked amazing, I'd love to go during that season! I'm sure you will have a great trip and really enjoy spending some 1-on-1 time with your eldest. Can't wait to read the trip report!
DevonPumpkin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks Happypanda for Auchan info
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DevonPumpkin View Post
Pirates and Princesses looked amazing, I'd love to go during that season! I'm sure you will have a great trip and really enjoy spending some 1-on-1 time with your eldest. Can't wait to read the trip report!
I absolutely fell in love with the P&P stuff last year - so I knew I had to go back and see it this year.

I am really looking forward to spending some time with my Eldest but I can't shake the feeling of guilt about leaving my 2 year old behind. She talks about our November Disney trip all the time! I'll definitely take her for her own Mummy & Daughter trip when she's a bit older to make it fair!
Old 1 Jan 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Well I can now officially say that we are going back to DLP next month! It's so nice to have something to look forward to go get us through the January blues!

This trip is going to be one of many firsts - including our first DLP trip to not include any character meals and our first DLP trip without going to the Wild West Show but the biggest first will be that I'm planning on booking the standard meal plan - I've never done a meal plan before (and have always been a complete advocate of just paying as you go) but as my eldest is a fan of buffets so I thought it might actually work out well and as we would be paying for the meal plan we'd get hotel breakfast too which would be fab.

With the euro exchange rate it will cost us about £240 to add on the meal plan for 4 nights. So £60 per night which I don't think is too bad.

So, with that being the case, I've made a few extra meal reservations:

19th February - La Grange – 20.30
20th February – Chuckwagon – 20.00
21st February - Restaurant Des Stars – 14.00
22nd February – Agrabah Café – 14.00

If we get sick of buffets (quite possible!) we may well end up cancelling one of these and using a couple of the vouchers at face value in Annette's Diner.
Old 1 Jan 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Serious Dibber

Eeeeee not long now! Fun fun fun!
Adcro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Are you sure about the hotel breakfast? We are there at the same time as you and have a full board plus plan, but the breakfast is still a voucher for a quick service in the park. This was confirmed to me by the operator when I booked our tables for the other meals. I would be thrilled if we get a hotel breakfast, as I was planning on paying for the upgrade, to get it free would be so much better x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List