Old 5 Nov 19, 03:23 AM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
All Feast No Fast! Nov 2019 DDP - Updated 23/10 Finished

Hi all,

After what seemed to be the longest countdown it’s now time for my trip.

There’s four of us on this trip, me, mum, dad and my brother. We have a night at Gatwick before flying premium economy to Orlando where will then have a night at the Quality Inn and Suites near the parks before checking into All Star Sports for 14 nights with the dining plan. We’ve got all our table services booked and one or two quick services, I imagine our plans may change a little.

Pre-travel day: McDonald’s Lunch on the M4 and Premier Inn or Nicholas Colpepper at Gatwick
Travel Day: Premier Inn or Red Lion at Gatwick and Wendy’s in Orlando
Day 1: 50’s Prime Time Cafe (new to us, dinner)
Day 2: Be Our Guest (Lunch), Ragland Road (Dinner)
Day 3: Boma (Breakfast), Teppen Edo (Dinner)
Day 4: Burgers and Sundaes at Restaurantasaurus (New to us, QS, Dinner)
Day 5: Garden Grill (Breakfast), Homecomin’ (Dinner)
Day 6: Nothing Booked
Day 7: Nothing Booked
Day 8: Yachtsman Steakhouse (Dinner)
Day 9: The Edison (Dinner)
Day 10: 1900 Park Fare (Breakfast)
Day 11: House of Blues (Dinner, new to us)
Day 12: Teppen Edo (Dinner)
Day 13: Nothing booked
Day 14: Boma (Breakfast), Coral Reef (Dinner)

Few notes for the above, my brother doesn’t like Raglan Road so we offered him a second Teppen Edo as a bribe for doing Raglan, it’s also why it’s before either of the Teppen Edos. I’ve done Yachtsman before but my parents and brother haven’t so that will be new to them.

Hope you’ll come along for the journey and be as hungry as me reading/writing this

Edited at 06:21 PM.
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Ooh I'm looking forward to this. I hope you have a fab trip. I can't wait to read all about it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Looks like a good selection. I approve of going to Teppan Edo twice as it’s been our fave for the last 3 trips! Also like Raglan Road so hopefully that will go down well.

Following along 😆

Kat
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ooh I'm looking forward to this. I hope you have a fab trip. I can't wait to read all about it.
Thanks, back now and hoping to have some up soon
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Looks like a good selection. I approve of going to Teppan Edo twice as it’s been our fave for the last 3 trips! Also like Raglan Road so hopefully that will go down well.

Following along 😆

Kat
Teppen Edo is on there twice as it’s my brothers favourite and he doesn’t like Raglan so it’s a bribe to get him to go
Old 17 Nov 19, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Pre-Travel Day and Travel Day

We grabbed a quick lunch at McDonalds on the way to Gatwick, no photos sorry as we were starving.

After getting to Gatwick, dumping the car and doing twilight check with Virgin we headed across to the Premier Inn. We made the mistake of heading up to the room before reserving a table at the restaurant. We headed down at 8pm and had a 45 min wait, as we had decided that we wanted the breakfast and dinner meal deal so we stuck it out.

I opted for the gammon with pineapple and egg.

This was tasty and I really enjoyed.

Brother got a burger, you’ll soon see that it’s pretty much all he eats.

He enjoyed and said it was a solid burger.

Mum and Dad both got steak.

Again they enjoyed and they were cooked well.

We were starting to feel full but as we needed to practice for the dining plan we managed to squeeze a dessert in.

My brother and I shared the brownie and the churros.

Sorry no photo of the brownie, well there is one but it’s a blur lol

These were good and we were glad we shared.

Dad also got the churros and enjoyed.

Mum got a brownie sundae with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.

She enjoyed, she was getting quite concerned as there wasn’t any brownie till the very bottom and there wasn’t much.

Overall a nice enjoyable meal, the problem is you know all the good food you’re about for the next two weeks so you don’t fully appreciate it.

Travel Day

I don’t have much to report so will throw it in here, don’t worry I get much better when we in Disney.

We woke up and had the buffet at the Premier Inn. Again this was good with a good selection of hot food.

We flew out with Virgin in premium economy.

Here’s the menu from 31/10

I had the stir fry and I don’t eat plane food but tried a few bites of it and it was quite nice.

The others had the chicken casserole and said it was good.

They served afternoon tea where I left the tomato and mozzarella sandwich but ate my warm scone, it was very yummy.

After checking into Quality Inn and Suites by the Parks for the night we headed to Wendy’s. I can’t tell you what I ate but I remember being hungry, enjoying it and eating it very quickly.

Overall a good food day, but the best is coming x

Edited at 04:13 PM.
Old 21 Nov 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Day 1

So we woke up nice and early and grabbed breakfast at the Quality Inn and Suites as it was included. It was very basic but filled a hole. They had:
Make your own waffles - plain and pumpkin spice
Yoghurt
Bacon
Sausage
Scrambled eggs
Cinnamon buns
Fruit
Orange juice
Apple juice
Tea
Coffee

Yak and Yeti

After checking in at All Star sports which took an age we headed over to Animal Kingdom. After a few rides we started to fancy lunch, Mum and I fancied Yak and Yeti quick service and my brother and Dad fancied flame tree BBQ.

Mum got Honey Chicken.

Mum thought this was nice and really enjoyed. Would definitely have it again.

I grabbed the Korean BBQ Tips which I spotted at the till as a special.

These were nice with a bit of spice, I enjoyed but I’d try something different next time.

I got the food and walked it across to Flame Tree BBQ so we could all eat together. This meant our food was a bit cold, next time we’d eat there and meet the others after.

Flame Tree BBQ
My dad got the ribs and chicken platter

Chicken was ok but the ribs were nice, if he was ordering again he would just have the ribs but then he isn’t the biggest chicken fan.

My brother got the pulled pork sandwich, he must have eaten this before I grabbed my phone as I don’t seem to have a photo of it. He seemed to enjoy it.

We also got a portion of onion rings as a snack credit to share.

These were great, massive, hot and crispy. If you like onion rings these are a great use of a snack credit.

50’s Prime Time

Dinner tonight was in Hollywood Studios, after wandering around Galaxy’s Edge. We checked into 50’s Prime Time and had a small wait after our reservation time as they were really busy. We’ve never been here before so we weren’t really sure what to expect and I hate being picked on.

We were all really boring and ordered the same thing, the pot roast. My brother, mum and I asked for it with fries and no gravy, dad had it as is. Our server thought our aversion to gravy was very odd and couldn’t wrap her head around it so brought us gravy on the side, I think she was hoping to change our mind as she thought the pot roast would be dry but I wasn’t in the slightest. Just nice flaky juicy meat.

This was good and I really enjoyed as did everyone else. I was a bit worried when I booked this as I didn’t think they could do fries and I’m fairly fussy so this was a nice surprise.

For dessert I ordered the apple crisp

I quite liked this and didn’t think I would. The apples were lovely and warm and the topping was good and not hard.

My brother and dad got the brownie.

They enjoyed, not the best brownie they’ve ever had but they enjoyed. I managed to sneak a bite and it was nice.

Mum got the sundae, vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.

Mum thought this was really nice, our server thought the kitchen had been stingy with the sauce so brought her an extra little pot of sauce.

We all really enjoyed the meal. The food wasn’t the best but our server and the antics made the evening. I mentioned before I don’t really like being picked on but this was fine. It was a little playful and the servers are great at gauging how into it you are, you could see the others interacting with their tables and they seemed to give off the same vibe.

The only annoying thing about this meal is Dads been saying about going here for years and turns out he was right, hopefully he won’t read this

Edited at 04:23 PM.
Old 21 Nov 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tassiriki
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Great start! You managed loads between you today. Thanks for reporting.
Tassiriki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tassiriki View Post
Great start! You managed loads between you today. Thanks for reporting.
Thanks I’d like to say we eat different things between the four of us but we tend to double up