Notices

Old 19 Jan 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Are you on Explorer 2? We had a week on Marella Explorer 2 in August and loved it. Food and drink were fab and we did upgrade the drinks package. I think we’d have been fine with the standard but did choose drinks, esp. Bottega gold Prosecco, coffee in Coffee Port, various cocktails and G&T/whisky in the Squid and Anchor to try and get our moneys worth of the upgrade.

Happy to answer any questions about Explorer 2 if you have any. There’s a carafe in the cabin for you to use to fill up your bottle. The water stations are by the lifts.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Are you on Explorer 2? We had a week on Marella Explorer 2 in August and loved it. Food and drink were fab and we did upgrade the drinks package. I think we’d have been fine with the standard but did choose drinks, esp. Bottega gold Prosecco, coffee in Coffee Port, various cocktails and G&T/whisky in the Squid and Anchor to try and get our moneys worth of the upgrade.

Happy to answer any questions about Explorer 2 if you have any. There’s a carafe in the cabin for you to use to fill up your bottle. The water stations are by the lifts.
I’m on discovery 2! I’m not sure in the difference between the ships really.
Going to try to not upgrade and take my water bottle, but will play it by ear.
Really excited now.
How did you find the entertainment? X
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Really excited now.
Sorry jumping on your question here about entertainment. If I recall correctly it is provided by two different agencies for explorer ships (TED) and discovery ships (peel talent) I think that TED are taking over the discovery contracts too but not sure when.

We have seen the Peel entertainment and it is amazing and I imagine it will be the same for TED too.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

I’d also be really interested in which activities are free, and which have a surcharge if anyone can remember
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Sorry jumping on your question here about entertainment. If I recall correctly it is provided by two different agencies for explorer ships (TED) and discovery ships (peel talent) I think that TED are taking over the discovery contracts too but not sure when.

We have seen the Peel entertainment and it is amazing and I imagine it will be the same for TED too.
Great! I do love watching the entertainment at night especially as I’m on my own. There is an outside screen too so hoping to catch some films
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Really excited now.
There were some live bands and quizzes round by the pool in the afternoon, I liked all of the live bands and musicians. There were piano players in the bars in the evening and that was a nice touch. The sail away parties on deck were fun and we went to the 10.30 (late) show each evening, they only lasted 45mins to an hour, some were better than others but there was no doubt that the entertainment team were very talented. On Ex2 they have a silent disco twice a week and movie nights on deck, we liked those too. There was lower key entertainment and quizzes in the pub but we didn’t get time to go there. We’d usually just pop in to grab a drink to take up to the balcony after the show.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I’m not sure if you’re interested in meeting other single travellers when you’re away but the cruise news listed the time and location for the single traveller daily meet ups. They were organised by the social hosts and there was usually a group of about 15 or 20 having drinks together in the evening.
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

I’m not sure if you’re interested in meeting other single travellers when you’re away but the cruise news listed the time and location for the single traveller daily meet ups. They were organised by the social hosts and there was usually a group of about 15 or 20 having drinks together in the evening.
Oh yeah I’ll definitely go to the first one or two. I suppose that my situation is a bit different as I’m not actually single, just left my poor husband at home..
So I usually go and see if I gel with anyone. One year I made great friends with an Amazing 89 year old called Hazel, and we did everything together, another I met a lad my age who lived 10 mins away from me at home, we got on really well and did all the activities together. My third solo cruise I didn’t gel with anyone, and just enjoyed my book/own company. I’m pretty ok for a week as people chat to you anyway.
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

There were some live bands and quizzes round by the pool in the afternoon, I liked all of the live bands and musicians. There were piano players in the bars in the evening and that was a nice touch. The sail away parties on deck were fun and we went to the 10.30 (late) show each evening, they only lasted 45mins to an hour, some were better than others but there was no doubt that the entertainment team were very talented. On Ex2 they have a silent disco twice a week and movie nights on deck, we liked those too. There was lower key entertainment and quizzes in the pub but we didn’t get time to go there. We’d usually just pop in to grab a drink to take up to the balcony after the show.
Thanks so much. Not brave enough for a silent disco but do love the idea of a film on the deck at night xx
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks so much. Not brave enough for a silent disco but do love the idea of a film on the deck at night xx
You could grab a pair of headphones and sit and people watch. Its definitely worth a watch if they do it on Discovery. A few people we got chatting to said they liked that Ex2 was adults only but preferred the layout of the Discovery ships esp. the atrium area.

I've just had a look at the cruise news and they're not listed as singles meet ups, they're solo meet ups.

The movie nights were lovely - plenty of seating scattered on deck, crew handed out blankets, waiters served drinks to your seat throughout the film and the snack bar stayed open late and served fish and chips in baskets. We watched Mary Poppins Returns, I remember feeling very happy that night