Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Apr 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
lindasarahlou
slightly serious Dibber

Ive got a Brother Scan n Cut (CM900) and love it, so cant help you on the cricut choices! Joining FB groups is great to find out what everyone else is doing with their machines. I am a card maker and brought it mainly for cutting names and shapes, but I joined a local Scan n Cut group and have really expanded what I use it for - vinyl, foiling, making stencils and have found a love of designing on the software for myself and others - I regularly teach sessions at our monthly meeting. My advice is whatever you buy, be brave, dont be scared to tyry something new, there are lots of people online to answer any questions. They are very versatile machines and its great trying new things!
90 Orlando/Clearwater; 92 Orlando/Daytona,Ft Laud, Keys, Everglades, Naples/Clearwater 95 Cedar Point, Niagara, Orlando 02 (now with kids!) DLP Santa Fe 04 Lindfields 07 Doral Woods/Daytona 500; 07 Sanctuary Westhaven; 10 Calabay Parc; 13 Highlands Reserve 15 DC, Smokies Coasters Cumbrian Lakes 16 Toronto Cedar Point Niagara + coasters 17 Highlands Reserve 18 NY 18 Vegas & Canyons 19 West Stonebridge 23 California Coasters
lindasarahlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I’ve just bought an air 2 from hobby craft online . I can’t wait for it to come and I pondered but this fits best for what I need ( I think) . I’d love the Disney cartridges but can’t find them to buy .
As I understand it, you don't need cartridges for the Air 2, but if you have them from older models then you can still use them.

The fact its computer based means you can find images in the Design Store, and I watched a video on YouTube where someone copied an image from Google images and made it work with the Air 2.

So you should be able to get your Disney fix, without the cost of cartridges.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I've misunderstood.
Old 19 Apr 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
plutofan1
Imagineer

Mobile

There’s a special offer in hobbycraft on certain colours of the cricut
Think there’s £60 off the yellow and blue and £30 off the mint
plutofan1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I have a very old Cricut. The first model they brought out. I really like it when I get it out. But I do a lot more digital scrapbooking now.

I have some software which allows me to cut fonts as well as using the cartridges. With just cartridges I think it’s quite limiting.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
As I understand it, you don't need cartridges for the Air 2, but if you have them from older models then you can still use them.

The fact its computer based means you can find images in the Design Store, and I watched a video on YouTube where someone copied an image from Google images and made it work with the Air 2.

So you should be able to get your Disney fix, without the cost of cartridges.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I've misunderstood.
It’s arrived , it’s beautiful but it’s so complicated designing lol. There’s a lot of pre installed stuff but I’m trying to get round the minefield of commercial fonts , resizing in design studio and general watching a lot of YouTube . Design studio is pretty complex so I’m trying to get my head around that and figuring out what to purchase to make stuff. It’s getting quite costly
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
It’s arrived , it’s beautiful but it’s so complicated designing lol. There’s a lot of pre installed stuff but I’m trying to get round the minefield of commercial fonts , resizing in design studio and general watching a lot of YouTube . Design studio is pretty complex so I’m trying to get my head around that and figuring out what to purchase to make stuff. It’s getting quite costly
I ordered an Air 2 bundle on Tuesday from Hochanda, and I'm waiting for it to arrive. The stuff in the bundle will hopefully get me started but I can see its going to get expensive!

I am already eyeing up the We R Memory Keepers Foil Quill, which looks amazing for card making! And potentially a heat press for heat transfer vinyl.
Old 24 Apr 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

I still keep getting the Cricut emails that have ideas and free projects and images so might be worth signing up to - thinks it's Cricut Design Space
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post

I have the Easy Press. It’s pretty handy as it has a controlled timer and set temps. Less room for me to mess up. I have a Maker which should come on Sunday and I’ve ordered a load of basic vinyl. Definitely a lot to get your head around though isn’t there'!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Made this yesterday for a friend of mine missing his girlfriend , I’m quite proud of it
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Are we able to get the Disney stuff in the UK? I can see it but it won't let me access it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List