Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 15 Jul 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Live DLP trip report

I am currently at DLP, arrived yesterday, so I thought I'd do a live trip report for people thinking of planning or visiting soon so I can tell you what it is like with all the restrictions.

Tuesday 14th July.

We flew with Air France from Heathrow. I only booked flights a week ago, we usually fly from Birmingham but only 1 flight a day from there and it left too early for us. My lovely husband wasn't coming, just me and my daughter so he volunteered to drive us the 2 hrs to Heathrow.
The flight was leaving from T2. It was pretty quiet for Heathrow, most people had masks but were not wearing them correctly! It's no use under your chin or not covering your nose... i wish there was someone going around telling them. No queue to drop bag off, no queue for security, all very smooth and through in 5 minutes. A few shops open I T2, I got my new Ray Bans from sunglasses hut. There is only 1 food outlet open which is called Leon. There was a queue for this, hopefully they will open more soon.
Flight left a little late. This is where I felt a bit uncomfortable, the flight was full so I had someone sat next to me! They were strict on wearing masks but it felt horrible sitting on a full plane, at least it was a short time. They did serve a complimentary drink and you could remove your mask for that so I knocked my Apple juice back in one and got my mask straight back on.
Very easy entry into France, no questions at border control,
We got an uber, we had a bit of trouble getting out to it as a lot of the exit doors are blocked but we managed eventually. Uber cost about £50 at 8.30pm to aparthotel Adagio Val de Europe and took about 30 mins. We wore masks but he didn't!
We did have some issues with our rooms at Adagio, first one they gave us bunk beds... i booked 2 double beds. Next 2 rooms the key card entry wouldn't work. I was quite annoyed by now to say the least. 4th room was ok... well it's not great but we were tired by now.
The room was a bit smelly, stale cooking smells I think, but it did have a double bed in bedroom and pull out bed in lounge. We will survive lol.
We then nipped straight out to the macdonalds in the shopping centre literally over tge road. Everyone here had masks and hand gel on entry.

Summary of day. Worst part was flight, but that was manageable. Everything else was pretty much the same. Most places have hand gel, most people wearing masks.
Hotel is not great but the location is excellent and bed pretty comfy.
Today we go to the parks so I will try and update either tonight or in the morning what that is like.
Please fell free to ask any questions and I'll try and answer if I can.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Enjoy the parks.
Old 15 Jul 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Following!
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Following Sounds like a smooth start apart from the smelly room!
Old 15 Jul 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Really hope you enjoy the parks today - so exciting being there for opening day
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by LizzyBear View Post
Following Sounds like a smooth start apart from the smelly room!
Yes...i think the smell is probably because the rooms haven't been used for 3 plus months! Once we've sprayed our assorted smellies around it'll be fine
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

We're going in August so really interested to know your experience! Thanks for doing it!
Old 15 Jul 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Flight doesn't sound good, I don't think I'd feel that comforable with someone next to me either, but you're there now and finally into a nice-ish room.

I'm really looking forward to reading about your park experience as I'm not supposed to be looking at DLP alternatives for our cancelled Orlando trip this summer I'm sure you will have a wonderful time and that I will want to book up for a few days

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hope you have a fun & positive time in the parks.
So excited to have a new report!
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Wednesday 15th.
Pretty decent night's sleep, bed fairly comfy and as hotel not full it wasn't very noisy so that's a bonus. We decided we weren't rushing to the park so had a leisurely morning and left the hotel at about 10.45.
We had asked at reception last night about the free shuttle bus and she said it was running again starting at 8.30am. We walked to the bus stop just along the road and waited... and waited... and waited some more! By 11. 30 we decided the shuttle wasn't coming and ordered an uber, which cost €6, we got them to drop us by 5 guys as a quieter entrance to get in through.

Not many people about, security was a breeze then onto the park. It's so different with so many less people, we used the annual pass entrance and they didn't even ask to scan our reservation, I assume they are linked to our passes so didn't need to, and we were in.
No queuing for us, however the normal entrance did have some queues.
So amazing to be back in the park, such a good experience. Lots of hand santisers around, everyone wearing masks, staff reminding people if they weren't. The only time you can rake your mask off is when you eat or drink and that needs to be away from others. Lots of extra out door tables to eat at which actually felt really comfortable. The queuing is well managed with the majority of people adhering to it. All in all we felt really safe all day. We had a great day, really enjoyed having less people around us, loved the social distanced queueing
Yes it was hot with masks on but we just took lots of breaks for snacks and drinks which made it bearable. We went on big thunder mountain, there are no fast passes but queue times were all around 10 to 15 minutes. Phantom manor was a walk on and very well managed. Pirates of Caribbean was well spaced with a row empty between each one. Peter pan was around 10 min wait. Where the queues zig zag next to each other they have put up perspex sheets to separate everyone, it's been really well done.
It's also really nice that the train is up and running again so we had a very nostalgic circuit of the park on that too.
We didn't stay late as we needed a trip to the supermarket for supplies do we left by around 5 and walked to catch the shuttle bus back to hotel. Well we waited around 3/4 of an hour and nothing so we caught the RER instead!
We went to Auchan to stock up then walked back to hotel. I asked about the shuttle and they said it is only running once a day in each direction, 9am going to park and 19.45 returning! Not very convenient times for us so it looks like we will have to shell out on tubers 😤 I am not a happy bunny to say the least as the free shuttle was a major selling point of the hotel.
Well to sum up day 1, it was still as magical as ever, we felt very safe and think Disneyland have got it all just right. They have put so much effort into getting back in business and it shows. Now if only Heathrow airport could learn a thing or two from them?
There will be more tomorrow as we go to the studios and also try to take some selfies with some characters.