Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 10 Jan 21, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
June8th
Apprentice Imagineer

Another vote for Fortnum & Mason. Loved our tea there.
June8th is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
NCLRICH
Very Serious Dibber

NCLRICH's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'm thinking of doing Claridges for my 50th it looks so lovely later this year. Hopefully
Old 10 Jan 21, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

We went to the Ritz last February, and we were not rushed at all. So much food, too. You can also have refills of everything as well - but not sure you would need it!

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

Originally Posted by June8th View Post
Another vote for Fortnum & Mason. Loved our tea there.
We also loved our afternoon tea there. Made the mistake of asking for more finger sandwiches which meant we couldn’t eat all of the cakes. Rookie mistake!
Old 10 Jan 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The Corinthia (it was on the TV) or Claridges.

We had an outstanding tea at the Corinthia. We had a late sitting and stayed well past the appointed "leaving time". We were bought more tea all the time we were there and when we went to leave it was raining so the maitre'd gave us 2 umbrellas and said to keep them!

in November 19 we visited Claridges for a drink before heading to the Ritz for afternoon tea for a friends 50th - how I wished we had stayed at Claridges. My friend wanted to do to the Ritz so thats what we booked. However Claridges had their xmas decorations up, a choir signing carols and it was simply amazing - we arrived at the Ritz - dirty carpets, no doorman, dirty floors, and decor that was clearly long past its best. It also felt like a graveyard - even though it was packed. I could have cried! I felt soo bad for her.

We had been to the Ritz about 12 years ago and it was lovely but I think its gone way downhill since then
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

We had Afternoon year at “Ting”
at The Shard a couple of years ago .
It was lovely great views ,and very comfortable and lovely food !
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
The food looks lovely but does it not come on a stand?
I can’t honestly remember, I would say judging by the photo it didn’t.

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Thank you for all the suggestions- a lot of places to look up. I’ll report back with where we choose.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
The Corinthia (it was on the TV) or Claridges.

We had an outstanding tea at the Corinthia. We had a late sitting and stayed well past the appointed "leaving time". We were bought more tea all the time we were there and when we went to leave it was raining so the maitre'd gave us 2 umbrellas and said to keep them!

in November 19 we visited Claridges for a drink before heading to the Ritz for afternoon tea for a friends 50th - how I wished we had stayed at Claridges. My friend wanted to do to the Ritz so thats what we booked. However Claridges had their xmas decorations up, a choir signing carols and it was simply amazing - we arrived at the Ritz - dirty carpets, no doorman, dirty floors, and decor that was clearly long past its best. It also felt like a graveyard - even though it was packed. I could have cried! I felt soo bad for her.

We had been to the Ritz about 12 years ago and it was lovely but I think its gone way downhill since then
I like the way the chairs are angled so you both have a view. One of my pet hates is when a table for 2 has one seat with a perfect view of the restaurant and the other has a view of a wall!
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Not London but we had a lovely afternoon tea at xmas at Blenheim Palace, also done the tour and the xmas lights, lovely.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List