Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 10 Jan 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Not London but we had a lovely afternoon tea at xmas at Blenheim Palace, also done the tour and the xmas lights, lovely.

enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Loved our afternoon tea at Fortnum's a few years ago. They also do a savoury ’high tea’ which was great for my diabetic husband. It had beautiful quiches, pate, and amazing savouries. We ordered one of each and swapped. Truly amazing...
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Plus one for Fortnums high tea.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I can’t wait to be able to enjoy afternoon tea again.

My favourites have been the themed ones over the standard Ritz and Savoy. I’d like to go to the Shard as not tried that one yet.

Top three, Charlie & Chocolate Factory at One Aldwich, Beauty and the Beast at Kensington Hotel and Mad Hatters Tea Party at Sanderson.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

A long time ago now, my dh and I went to the ritz, for afternoon tea to say I was overawed was an understatement. My daughter who is now 37 was in a pushchair, I didn’t feel comfortable at all. We were shown to our table, and when the waiter left, my husband wanted to get the pushchair further in, so moved the table, what he didn’t realise was , it was two small tables pushed together with a tablecloth over, the table was all set, and ended up going thru the gap between, the noise and clatter, the waiters running round, it was like something off a comedy programme, as you can tell it still mortifies me to this day. Enjoy wherever choose. 😀 del
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
Loved our afternoon tea at Fortnum's a few years ago. They also do a savoury ’high tea’ which was great for my diabetic husband. It had beautiful quiches, pate, and amazing savouries. We ordered one of each and swapped. Truly amazing...
That would be perfect for when I am with DH as he doesn’t like anything sweet so no cakes for him 😳
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
The Corinthia (it was on the TV) or Claridges.

We had an outstanding tea at the Corinthia. We had a late sitting and stayed well past the appointed "leaving time". We were bought more tea all the time we were there and when we went to leave it was raining so the maitre'd gave us 2 umbrellas and said to keep them!

in November 19 we visited Claridges for a drink before heading to the Ritz for afternoon tea for a friends 50th - how I wished we had stayed at Claridges. My friend wanted to do to the Ritz so thats what we booked. However Claridges had their xmas decorations up, a choir signing carols and it was simply amazing - we arrived at the Ritz - dirty carpets, no doorman, dirty floors, and decor that was clearly long past its best. It also felt like a graveyard - even though it was packed. I could have cried! I felt soo bad for her.

We had been to the Ritz about 12 years ago and it was lovely but I think its gone way downhill since then
It could be that the Ritz is relying on its reputation and know they will be full regardless.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Went to the Ritz for my 50th and it was fab. That was 15 years ago though, so the meal might have changed. You can’t beat the “luxurious-ness” of the hotel itself though 😍
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
My absolutely favourite is Prêt-à-Portea at The Berkeley in Knightsbridge. Cake styles influenced by Couture.. haven't got photos to hand but the Hotel website has plenty. We've celebrated a number of Girlfriend's 50th birthdays here.
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Another vote for the Corinthia. Beautiful setting, relaxing non rushed ambiance, service was discreet but we were made to feel special, like we were the server’s only customers, but not in a false or fawning way. Cakes were beautiful, below are my gluten free offerings which were lovely.

I will be returning once this Covid nightmare is open

Edited at 03:17 PM.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List