Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 14 Feb 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
That’s a lot of lovely plans, it will be so good to spend time with family and friends on holiday this summer if it’s possible. I don’t think it matters hugely if it’s ‘just’ in the UK, it’s the spending time with our special people that makes it fun 😀

Budapest and Mexico are 2 places I’d love to visit. Our eldest son visited Budapest a few years ago and was stunned at how pretty it was. As you know we had Mexico cancelled last October and I want to rebook one year. I hope you get more luck than us and manage to go, you can give me tips for our future trip then 😂
I will be so happy with some UK breaks this summer. The UK has some beautiful places to visit.

Cancelling holidays is heartbreaking, hopefully air travel will return this year.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have booked Calella, Spain for the end of June. Hotel is 'pay at the property' and flights are booked on my credit card. I'm not particularly hopeful, but you never know!

I'm more hopeful for a little break in North-West Yorkshire in September. DH and I love that part of the world. 1 night at the Coniston Hotel just outside of Skipton and then another at Kirkby Lonsdale just off the A65. It's where we got engaged and is such a magical, beautiful little town.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
We have booked Calella, Spain for the end of June. Hotel is 'pay at the property' and flights are booked on my credit card. I'm not particularly hopeful, but you never know!

I'm more hopeful for a little break in North-West Yorkshire in September. DH and I love that part of the world. 1 night at the Coniston Hotel just outside of Skipton and then another at Kirkby Lonsdale just off the A65. It's where we got engaged and is such a magical, beautiful little town.
Fingers crossed for your June trip. I think it’s good to have it booked and if it can go ahead, it will be a fantastic surprise treat.

Your September break sounds lovely though, how romantic to go back to where you got engaged 💞
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

We have a week at Bluestone National Park in Pembrokeshire booked for June but I think that will be cancelled as there is supposed to be 12 of us from 4 households going.
We have a long weekend in Dubrovnik booked for end of August and one for Santorini in Sept which I'm 50/50 about at the moment.
Hmr89 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hmr89 View Post
We have a week at Bluestone National Park in Pembrokeshire booked for June but I think that will be cancelled as there is supposed to be 12 of us from 4 households going.
We have a long weekend in Dubrovnik booked for end of August and one for Santorini in Sept which I'm 50/50 about at the moment.
I had thought that Welsh tourism could be opening up by then, but considering the likelihood of no English tourism opening until the summer now, I feel it’s also less likely that Welsh tourism will be able to open too.

The trips to Dubrovnik and Santorini sound lovely, fingers crossed they can go ahead

Edited after the announcement: looking more likely now that you can head to Bluestone in June I hope you have a great time

Edited at 06:50 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 02:39 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Booked Butlins Skegness for a week in May, kids are as excited as they were for Florida... Not sure how to feel about that! Also planning 2 nights in Windsor to visit Legoland and Chessington in the summer hols, north Wales for a couple of nights with my parents at some point and a week somewhere in Europe at the end of August, probably a last minute booking. Much as i'd love to rebook Florida for October/November we have pretty much decided that it will be next year for us as we don't want to go whilst masks and restrictions are in force.
Old 24 Feb 21, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LizzyBear View Post
Booked Butlins Skegness for a week in May, kids are as excited as they were for Florida... Not sure how to feel about that! Also planning 2 nights in Windsor to visit Legoland and Chessington in the summer hols, north Wales for a couple of nights with my parents at some point and a week somewhere in Europe at the end of August, probably a last minute booking. Much as i'd love to rebook Florida for October/November we have pretty much decided that it will be next year for us as we don't want to go whilst masks and restrictions are in force.
That sounds great plans. Isn’t it wonderful how children are happy wherever we plan? I’ve never been to Butlins but my nephew takes his 9 year old there every year (apart from last year of course) and his son loves it and is as excited about it as any child I’ve seen going to Disney 💞

I hope you manage to get an European break in too. Personally I agree with you about Florida, theme parks in the heat wearing masks all day especially with children doesn’t appeal to me either. I think next year will be a nicer time to visit again
Old 24 Feb 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
CJC
Very Serious Dibber

Hi, I used to live in the next village to Dewlish
Places to visit:
Milton Abbas - about 4 miles away (known for rows of thatched cottages
Poundbury - Prince Charles village/town
Cerne Abbas - the giant
Dorchester and Brewery Square
Sandbanks - Millionaire row - golden beaches
Poole Harbour
Bournemouth
The list is endless.
No shop in Dewlish but at Milborne st Andrew 3 miles away.
CJC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CJC View Post
Hi, I used to live in the next village to Dewlish
Places to visit:
Milton Abbas - about 4 miles away (known for rows of thatched cottages
Poundbury - Prince Charles village/town
Cerne Abbas - the giant
Dorchester and Brewery Square
Sandbanks - Millionaire row - golden beaches
Poole Harbour
Bournemouth
The list is endless.
No shop in Dewlish but at Milborne st Andrew 3 miles away.
Thank you, that’s all really helpful info and I will certainly check out all your recommendations. We are looking forward to exploring the area. I just hope we get good weather this summer for our lovely UK breaks 😀
Old 25 Feb 21, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LizzyBear View Post
My children are as excited about Haven caravan park in Wales as they are Disney. We've accepted that Florida is as much for us grown ups as the kids. Sound like really lovely plans.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List