Notices

Old 27 Apr 22, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
1122christy
Earning My Ears

First Family holiday in America!

Never posted before on this so bare with me.

Our holiday has (like many others) been postponed a couple of times now but hopefully this one will actually happen!

Mainly keeping this for our own little diary but hope you enjoy reading along.

So who are we -

Me (38, super organised Disney /Star wars nerd) Christy.
Hubby (40, laid back probably has no idea what we are doing until we do it) Scott

Alex (14, laid back teenager, loves lego, Star Wars and marvel)

Aimee (11 but turns 12 on holiday. Loves marvel and fortnite)

And last but not least Zoe (9, loves animals, and anything Disney and marvel)

We live in Scotland. Our original holiday was 2 weeks split stay in Port Orleans (full dining plan) and a villa in October 2020, then that changed to July 2021 but 3 weeks, one week in Caribbean beach resort and two in a villa.
But obviously Covid kept messing it up so final plans (we can only hope) are three weeks June/July. And cause of all the disappointments we have upgraded our holiday by first doing New York!

So we will fly BA Glasgow via Heathrow to JFK and stay in NYC for 4 nights. Me and Scott went before to NYC back in 2009 for our honeymoon with an 18 month Alex so looking forward to taking the girls this time.

After New York we fly with Delta airline from LaGuardia to Tampa and stay in Clearwater Beach Hotel for 2 nights (this will be over 4th July celebrations) will pick up a car at Tampa airport but haven’t booked that yet!

Hoping these two days are pretty chilled recovering from New York lol

We check out on the 5th and head to Universals Cabana Bay hotel, only checking in for one night mainly for the express passes plus itl be Aimee’s 12th birthday and she’s a huge Harry Potter fan (as we all are).
Hoping to eat at Toothsomes chocolate emporium this night.
Next day we will spend in universal but travel over later that day to Disneys Caribbean beach resort for a 5 night stay. No dining plan but have a dining credit with their offer last year so works out about $300 dining credit.
Then we have a villa booked for the last 9 nights. We have tickets booked for NASA and Discovery cove aswell! Flights home is Orlando-Heathrow then Glasgow.

Our plans sure have evolved expensive but worth it!

Everything is pretty much booked apart from car hire I think 🤔

Still awaiting Aimee’s passport though which is annoying, the other 2 kids renewals came straight away.

Tomorrow will be 60days so I can book Disney restaurants!
Hoping to get Be our guest, Sci-fi dine in, Space 220 and ohanas.

Happy to list prices for everything I paid if anyone is interested.

Hopefully this isn’t all too boring for everyone to read lol Iv been reading trip reports for about ten years now in the hopes one day I would be able to go and here I am now just about to go 😊
Old 27 Apr 22, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Welcome to the dibb, lots of helpful advice and tips to help you on your way.
Old 27 Apr 22, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sounds fab, good luck booking restaurants. We couldn’t get Space 220 at 60+4 but managed to get it after checking back daily for a week or so.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 22, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Sounds fab, love Marvel too, did you mean Cabana Bay?- as they don’t give express passes. Wouldn’t want you to be disappointed on arrival. Just early entry.
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 22, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Sounds fab, love Marvel too, did you mean Cabana Bay?- as they don’t give express passes. Wouldn’t want you to be disappointed on arrival. Just early entry.
I was just away to say that with cabana bay you don’t get express passes . But regardless you will all have a great time as your trip sounds amazing
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 22, 06:10 AM  
Link to this Post
LW2412
Trainee Dibber

Hope you have an amazing trip, looking forward to reading
LW2412 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 22, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Sounds like a fab plan.

Yes, no express passes given at Cabana Bay. Early entry though which is still good.
Old 29 Apr 22, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
1122christy
Earning My Ears

Yeah sorry I mean early entry lol
Also got confused with my dates so not quite time for my restaurant bookings! Will be next week for that, think my countdown is for first day of my holiday which will be New York not Disney!
Old 29 Apr 22, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

This will be an amazing holiday especially for a first time visit! Although I’m warning you it won’t be your last 😂

We had a 5 night stop in New York before flying down to Florida in 2018, it’s a great addition with the kids. My two loved it.

Having 3 weeks really does mean you can do most things at a better pace as you have more time to visit the parks more than once.

Have a great time and I look forward to reading all about it!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 22, 02:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Have a great time our first family trip has cost us a fortune over=the years
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List