Notices

Old 16 Apr 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Sounds like you have a really exciting trip planned. The kids first Florida holiday is always so magical, doesn't matter what their age is!

I need to get my head around booking these park days. We're not going until August 2022 and I didn't realise they were keeping the booking system until 2023

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Aw we will be there at the same time 😁
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
You've already got a spreadsheet started, I love a spreadsheet for planning parks and ADRs and FPs, fingers crossed FP comes back by the time you get out there. I'm looking forward to following along with your plans .

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
Aw we will be there at the same time 😁
What date do you fly? So close to being 12 months off now! Will be here before we know it.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
You've already got a spreadsheet started, I love a spreadsheet for planning parks and ADRs and FPs, fingers crossed FP comes back by the time you get out there. I'm looking forward to following along with your plans .
Honestly my husband thinks I've gone mad. We've decided we aren't going to book any dining at Disney, we are off site so don't have DDP (if it came back) and the cost of those places isn't worth it for us. I do however want to book the build your own droid at Droid Depot for my then 9 year old, but I've read a few reports that it doesn't work for us in the UK and we have to call so hoping I can get that sorted.

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Sounds like you have a really exciting trip planned. The kids first Florida holiday is always so magical, doesn't matter what their age is!

I need to get my head around booking these park days. We're not going until August 2022 and I didn't realise they were keeping the booking system until 2023
I think there is a chance they could remove it. But it's easier to keep the system in place should it still be needed than have to re implement it further down the line.

It was honestly really easy to do. I presume just like booking fast passes
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

I'm currently wanting to book lounges and parking but I'm not sure whats going on with my flight. As I booked with a TA they had us on the afternoon flight, however it looks like Virgin up to the 1st April only have the one flight on a day (the morning). I've got to wait until the 13th June to see how many flights they have on our flight day and then whether the TA will automatically just put us on the morning flight. We booked in December so they could have had no idea of the flight schedule.

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
katebush95
VIP Dibber

Sounds like an amazing trip and you are so organised already! It's a pain about the park reservations going on until 2023 isn't it! Does it mean there will be no fast pass system throughout 2022? We've got a much longer countdown than you and I'm already panicking that we won't get the parks we want and we'll be queuing for ages to get on any rides 😩 Hopefully it will all work out ok in the end for everyone.

Glenbrook Villa April 2009
Highgrove Villa July 2011
New York New York April 2017

Back to the magic take two! November 2022 Pre-Trip report
katebush95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by katebush95 View Post
Sounds like an amazing trip and you are so organised already! It's a pain about the park reservations going on until 2023 isn't it! Does it mean there will be no fast pass system throughout 2022? We've got a much longer countdown than you and I'm already panicking that we won't get the parks we want and we'll be queuing for ages to get on any rides 😩 Hopefully it will all work out ok in the end for everyone.
I've seen a post recently about Disney submitting a patent for a new virtual queue system so i think they are looking at ways to enhance the wait times on queues.

A year today we'll be flying home

Old 24 May 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Congratulations on getting it booked! Sounds like you've already got some solid plans in the pipeline.

We've just booked to go again in May 2022 after missing this year and last, we love May, your going to have a great time.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
Congratulations on getting it booked! Sounds like you've already got some solid plans in the pipeline.

We've just booked to go again in May 2022 after missing this year and last, we love May, your going to have a great time.
Thank you so much.

The last time I went, in 2004, we went in September/October so I'm not used to May. I've been checking the weather the last 2 weeks and I don't think its been that bad. Around 27/28 degrees C.

I was just a bit concerned around love bugs.

So nice to have people to countdown with!

Old 24 May 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

May weather is very up and down, when we went in 2019 I think it was the hottest we've ever experienced, it was 42 one day and felt like an inferno around world showcase and in the 30's the rest of the holiday and we only had 1 day of rain which was unusual too. Where as others have been more high 20's/30s and been great.

I'd totally recommend the hand held fans that you can charge via a USB and the snap cold towels you can get.

We normally go the last week in May/first week in June to correspond with school holidays and we've always missed the Love Bugs, from your dates the first week you may experience them more than the second. We went in September about 10 years ago and experienced them then, they didn't really bother us too much, it was more a hassle of getting them off the windscreen!
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List