Old 17 Feb 21, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

WDW 2019 - day 10

Previous day is here

DAY 10 – Friday 06 December

Plan : Epcot
Actual : We got up today to a much warmer and sunnier day, thankfully. I was checking my emails while waiting for DH to get ready for the day, and I had received an email from Disney to say that Test Track, our first FastPass today, was currently down, so we took a bit more time getting ready to leave. Once we set out, we went to the car to collect our walking sticks, and then walked to the Riviera Resort Skyliner station, which only took us about 5 minutes – definitely not worth taking the car!

There was barely any queue, and we were soon happily flying over the resort to the main Caribbean Beach station, where we changed lines for Epcot. The carriage stopped briefly a couple of times, but we were soon pulling into the International Gateway station, where we disembarked. We walked through the Gateway and headed to The Land to get some breakfast.

Once at Sunshine Seasons, we both had coffee and a Turtle Brownie, which was really yummy as there was a lot of caramel in it. I checked MDX, and Test Track was still down, so we decided to use that FastPass to ride Soarin’ instead. The ride was great fun as usual, we were on quite quickly and seated in row 2.

A quick restroom stop, then we went outside and walked round to Spaceship Earth to use our 2nd FastPass of the day. The vehicle slowed to a stop twice during our ride, and then the camera didn’t pick either of us up for the photo, just some random female and a cartoon character, which was very weird as it was supposed to be our future! After the ride, we checked out the build a skeleton thing in the foyer, which we normally stop to do as we enjoy this, it is fun, but it was really busy with a long queue both sides, so we left it for now and exited. Test Track? Nope, still down.

I found a concrete bench to sit on while DH went outside to the smoking area, and I relaxed in the sun for a while. When he returned, we took a slow stroll around World Showcase, starting with Mexico. The park was really crowded today. As we walked, we checked out the Festival of the Holidays food booths to see whether anything tempted us, but we really didn’t fancy anything at this point. After we had completed a complete circle of the Seven Seas Lagoon, we felt quite tired with achy feet, so we decided to head back to Caribbean Beach for a late lunch and some down time. We therefore went to the Skyliner station, boarded a carriage and relaxed while gliding peacefully back to our resort. We were loving this form of transportation, it was so easy, fast, and relaxing.

Back at our room, we changed into sandals, grabbed our refillable mugs, and drove to Old Port Royale. I went to order lunch while DH fetched us both some drinks. I ordered us both chicken tenders and fries, and DH got himself some coffee but dithered over what to get for me, so I took over and filled my mug with a base of Minute Maid lemonade, (I love this, it is so lemony and not too sweet), then added a shot of both peach and orange flavours – this was delicious, and I was quite thirsty so finished that off while I wanted for our food, so had to pick up a second cup! The food arrived quickly and was hot and tasty, just what we needed.

After lunch, we drove back to our room. DH’s ulcerated leg was really sore, so he decided to just have a nap now. I picked up my Kindle and my phone, and went to the resort beach nearby, where I relaxed on a lounger for a couple of hours in the sun; this was just what we both needed, and we really enjoyed some down time. The problem sometimes with our trips to the USA is that we feel like we need to be on the go all the time, and we don’t often have days where we just relax and enjoy winding down; we really need to start doing that, but then neither of us wants to waste a potential park day, either!

After a while I went back to our room, to find DH had really enjoyed his nap and was now sat up in bed, watching TV. I got our stuff ready for tomorrow, as we were planning a shopping day so I needed shopping lists, extra money, coupons, etc. We had some snacks from the room, made coffee, and watched some TV before settling down for a fairly early night’s sleep.

Next day is here

Edited at 11:25 AM.
Silvercat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List