Notices

Old 3 Mar 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

An oldie but a goodie! - New York - Sep 2014

Long before I knew of the DIBB, I used to pop the odd trip report on Trip Advisor, I often like to go over them and re read what i was up to, so thought i’d share a new story with you lovely lot, especially in these dark times of no travel.

I know a lot of this is out of date, but if you like a good read then you are in the correct place! Places may have closed, shows may no longer be playing and experiences may no longer be valid, but hopefully it will give someone some inspiration for your own trip. I have left the context of everything as it was back in 2014, so my girlfriend is now my wife and I am now older and fatter!

There is 2 of us on this trip, my self Andy who back then was mid 20’s and my wife Frankie who was early 20’s

So a bit of background…….

I had asked my partner to book a weeks holiday off work and said I would surprise her with a week away!

I booked the trip in November 2013 when Norwegian had announced they were going to start their new long haul flying, as it was new to them they introduced some wonderful fares and I snagged us a bargain of £300 each return, meals, seats and bags included.

I do love to plan a trip away, so lots of spreadsheets and note taking was involved and before long I had booked us a week in New York, hotels booked, attraction tickets booked and ESTA’s completed.

So as this was a surprise for my partner, I would drop little clues, create little quizzes and word searches based on various destinations. It was narrowed down to 3 different places camping near Brighton, Blackpool or Weston-Super-Mare. (she hates camping!)

As part of my planning and the reveal of the surprise I had created a guide booked based on what we were doing each day, and ultimately the surprise of a trip to New York!

Sorry for lack of pictures, my love of trip reports had not taken off in 2014!

Lets jump into Travel day 1 - Here

Edited at 11:53 AM.
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List