Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Mar 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Central LA or Burbank

After nearly booking for Florida next year, we have changed our minds and gone back to original plan of doing a west coast trip so starting to look at hotels once again, I am looking at a couple of hotels one of which is very close to sights like Hollywood walk of fame, etc, the other one is in Burbank which I’m considering as we will be visiting Universal and Warner Bros studio tour, anyone have any experience of staying in either?
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Anyone?😀
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
ginnyfish
Getting Excited

I love Burbank. We have stayed in the Tangerine twice and love seeing sets rolling by the hotel in the mornings. It’s right next to WB and we just walked across the road to get to the tour building. I really didn’t like Hollywood. No movie making magic, just lots of pushy people trying to sell things and it was dirty, run down and I felt unsafe walking around.
Old 16 Mar 21, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Hi, thanks for that reply, I am definitely leaning more towards Burbank I think, last time we were in Hollywood was 18 years ago and I wasn’t really a fan then and it doesn’t sound like it’s got any better.
Old 16 Mar 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We are staying at the Universal Hilton this summer and with the intention of visiting.. Universal studios and Warner Bros. It also places us extremely well for our departure out of Burbank Airport to Tucson as well as our arrival from Solvang.

Plan B was a stay in Burbank as we would tend to avoid central LA at all costs. Our thinking is that it is always simpler to get around, the further you move away from a city centre.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Our trip last year was cut short but we had planned to stay in Burbank for the same reasons as CFB. We didn’t want to spend any time in central LA so Burbank worked well for the studio tour we wanted to do. We figured that we’d be able to fit in a visit to Griffiths observatory and if we had time we’d make a quick visit to the walk of fame etc. Burbank is definitely where we’ll stay when we have a chance to do the trip again!
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Thanks everyone, definitely Burbank I think, looking forward to getting into the planning again 😀
Old 16 Mar 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey68
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Another vote for Burbank. We stayed 3 nights at The Tangerine and never moved the car. Metro to Hollywood but we decided on Uber in the end and Uber was cheaper than parking at Universal. Felt safe walking about and nice places to eat within walking distance.
Old 16 Mar 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Although personally I would never stay at either as they don't suit my needs, if I HAD to choose it would be Burbank, I echo what Cornishfrogboy says about Central LA just being a huge bottle neck for driving anywhere. Hollywood - West Hollywood area (Chateau Marmont is an all time great but closing to visitors unless members and Standard hotel are funky and well placed) and Beverly Hills are area I feel comfortable visiting by Fairmont Miramar in Santa Monica on the beach, walkwable to everywhere in SM and the pier and top spot for old history ) plus well placed on PCH to drive to Malibu for brunch and a walk on the wonderful beach there.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 21, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Olympiad
slightly serious Dibber

Hi - In LA terms both are in broadly the same region (north of centre) and so not that far about (20 mins drive, traffic notwithstanding). For what you want either location would work fine, as mentioned Hollywood area can feel a little run down especially after the day tourists have gone but I'd happily stay in the Loews Hollywood.
Olympiad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List