Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 25 Mar 21, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lalilu
slightly serious Dibber

Universal Das pass?

Our 2 youngest have scoliosis and the das pass at disney is a god send.
1st time doing universal on our next trip, do they provide anything similar and where can I access this on arrival at the park if so? I will be taking doctors letters etc...
Lalilu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Yes they have similar although its just a card. They will give you a return time if queue is long. X no need for letters. X
Old 5 Apr 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Avon
New Poster (2)

Yes Universal do a DAS you get it from Guest Services you will need all the family passes and they will give you a paper form which you take to the ride and they will enter a return time on it, if the wait is less than 30 minutes they will let you on at once. As with Disney you cannot get a 2nd return time until you have used the 1st.
Avon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My DD has scoliosis and I’ve never thought to get her a pass- would they limit the rides you can go on? I.e the ones that say not suitable for back problems?
Old 11 Apr 21, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lottiesmum0 View Post
My DD has scoliosis and I’ve never thought to get her a pass- would they limit the rides you can go on? I.e the ones that say not suitable for back problems?
Not that i have ever noticed, they have signs outside to say what there guidance is of who can ride etc (pregnant etc), i have epilepsy and it says like not riding certain rides due to strobe lighting but i am not photo senstive ive been on all rides which is good. I think it would u be upto yourself to guide on what rides they can go on. There is some rides that have stairs to get too (gringotts and a few others) they have lifts which take you up and down to the ride just let them know when you enter.

I always go to guest services when i enter the park and let them know my conditions and to ask for the assistance pass, i always take a letter but they cant ask for one just go on your word. Im going in december on my own this year so feel a little scared to ask them, but now i have been diagnosed with chrones disease so waiting in a long due could be challenging.

Hope this helps x

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Twilby
Getting to know the DIBB

My son is autistic and queuing has always been difficult with him especially if he has been queuing for an hour! Has anyone used the DAS pass for autism? As never knew it existed?
Twilby is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Absolutely. Autism is actually makes it easier to ask for a pass. For mobility issues, they can sometimes request that you use a wheelchair instead.
Old 20 Apr 21, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Twilby View Post
My son is autistic and queuing has always been difficult with him especially if he has been queuing for an hour! Has anyone used the DAS pass for autism? As never knew it existed?
my sons autistic we have used this pass and the one before it, it works really well and helps avoid the meltdown for not understanding standing in line, my sons attention span is short and he gets really upset
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List