Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Apr 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Annie17 View Post
thank you so much for all your replies

definatley looking at the

LAX
Universal
Anaheim
San Diego option

Is Six Flags close to Universal?

In regards to the park, we are really into walking and taking in the senery so would like somewhere that looks nice

I do really appreciate all your replies
For San Diego (probably the best place for parks in August) then Aims is your POC.

But from my memory memorable parks I have visited and recommend are Balbao Park which has something for everyone, Coronardo, not really a park but a wonderful island community to stroll around, Point Loma I “think” is a National park/monument (Cabrillo) but I have only been there for work reasons and its steeped in military history and sight of first settlers etc - even saw my first Cayote there (and several since over the years )
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
For San Diego (probably the best place for parks in August) then Aims is your POC.

But from my memory memorable parks I have visited and recommend are Balbao Park which has something for everyone, Coronardo, not really a park but a wonderful island community to stroll around, Point Loma I “think” is a National park/monument (Cabrillo) but I have only been there for work reasons and its steeped in military history and sight of first settlers etc - even saw my first Cayote there (and several since over the years )
Balboa Park has an absolutely world class Zoo (and I don’t generally like Zoos).
Airspace, a very large indoor aircraft museum.
An ‘English House’, where you can drink ‘English tea’ whilst admiring Chuck and Di wedding teacups, A phone box and various other ‘English’ things.
All in a huge, immaculate, beautiful park.. with free parking throughout (a rarity in a tourist area).

In addition you get
Seaworld.
The fascinating USS Midway.
Cruises around the inner bay.
Coronado beach.
Seaport
Kansas City Bar and Grill (Top gun bar).
Tijuana border just a few miles away.

It is simply a lovely, relaxing, prosperous (certainly in the middle), city and we loved it. A ‘Gosandiego’ card worked really well for us.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:16 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

you have all been so helpful thank you so much

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Engaged 04/09/18 in Magic Kingdom.
Annie17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post

Wow, between you and CFB you have both done a great job covering San Diego and building it up. Annie probably doesn't need me now

If I can add anything though- Cabrillo National Monument is a national park and well worth a visit. San Diego does have a couple of state parks: Old Town State Historic Park, and Torrey Pines State Reserve and State Beach (that beach is in the photo in my signature).

Annie, I think you would love the vibe in San Diego. It's very laid-back and relaxed, a nice change of pace from LA, but still has a lot to do and see.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I would also add that San Diego is a really super place to visit. Amazing weather, many many local attractions and easy to navigate. Felt very laid back but with loads to offer
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I would also add that San Diego is a really super place to visit. Amazing weather, many many local attractions and easy to navigate. Felt very laid back but with loads to offer
For a major urbanisation and a naval port bigger than Pompey, Plymouth and Chatham combined and a Naval air station with several hundred live airframes.. it really is a bit of a paradise.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
For a major urbanisation and a naval port bigger than Pompey, Plymouth and Chatham combined and a Naval air station with several hundred live airframes.. it really is a bit of a paradise.
There is so much happening military wise around there - short drive to Miramar which do pre booked tours (or used to do a few years back when I last visited) also did a Navy Seal tour via a boat - booked by concierge at a hotel, so much to do and see (as well as beaches etc) . I once did a day trip to Tijuana on the tram - well I have done it, was an experience and not one I would do again, but its an option ?
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List