Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Apr 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We were there early December 2019, I was mostly in 3/4 length trousers and always had a fleece with me as the temperature out of the sun was chilli, lovely in the sun though and happy in a sleeveless top.

There was one night that the temps really dropped, although only the one during our entire stay.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Is it just me then I always wear at least factor. 30 when in Florida especially on my face
then again I wear at least factor 15 here even in winter on my face I’m fair skinned and do burn even on a cold but bright day
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Every day factor 50. Every damn day lol
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
I used my normal sun cream everyday in Christmas 2018. Factor 50 on my face and Piz Bruin once a day stuff for body. There were plenty days on our trip where you’d have been burnt to a crisp without it.
Old 21 Apr 21, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

When at times the temps are high 70's low 80's in December,you definitely need suncream,we always come home a good colour,of course it can be bitterly cold at times too.
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
2anddone
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Thank you everyone. My children would describe me as a sun cream fiend and constantly make them wear it even if they think they don’t need it! My son has now read your comments and admitted even though it’s December he will need to wear it almost every day... in his words he would rather wear it in Florida than here 🤣
2anddone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Followed this thread with interest
We go for Christmas in December 2023
Very useful comments
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

This was January 2nd, definitely needed sun protection,I've ordered more of the same for this Dec/January.🤞☀️🎄
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

We spent the entire month of December in Florida 2010. It was sunny most days, but it was one of the coldest winters on record. Some mornings we went down to the car to find it iced up, something that we never expected to be doing, de-icing a car.

That said for us hardy Brits, by the afternoons it was t-shirt weather. We did end up buying our girls thicker jackets, as we'd not expected the cold snap. We had our 5 month daughter with us, and on more than one occasion we had irate Americans telling us for not having her wrapped up well enough, on days were it was like 18C+ I suppose these sorts of things are always subjective, yet she would've been perfectly warm enough.

We didn't bother with any suncreams, but that's not a recommendation... best just to check the local UV on the day, and decide from there.

We've hundreds of photos from the long holiday, and whilst most of the photos have blue skies, I do remember feeling cold some days.

Fingers crossed we get there this summer.
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Yes,2010 was chilly Baltic,lovely blue skies and wind that would cut you in two.