Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 May 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve also booked flights with TC for August 2020 so plenty of time to re-book if things go wrong. Fingers crossed that everything will be fine, though. I have no intention of trying to cancel as I got a really great price and wouldn’t want to lose the flight.
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
pokerbanter
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Quensabob View Post
Thomas Cooks line is its its business as usual,flights and holidays are as planned and not to worry as you are full covered by abta or atol, why is that a lie!
Of course its the company line to say it's "business as usual". That's standard practice. It doesn't actually mean in reality that everything IS fine! For example Toys 'r' Us were giving the same info not long ago & still selling gift cards (which turned out to be worthless) right up until the day before the company liquidated.

It's fair to say that your holiday money is safe due to ABTA or ATOL protection BUT... people would rather know for certain they are going to go on the holiday they have paid for rather than knowing they "might" get that holiday but if it goes wrong then they will get a refund at some indeterminate time in the future but may mean missing the holiday they mave saved & planned for years.

Its a horrid position for everyone involved & i hope Thomas Cook pull it out the bag for everyone who has booked & of course all their staff but i wouldn't blame anyone for looking at alternative arrangements. Things don't look great.
pokerbanter is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

Their flights seem very cheap at the moment and are tempting. However if they do go bust and we do get our money back are we then going to end up buying expensive replacement flights. Doesn’t seem like a good risk.
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bennyboy0751 View Post
sorry folks i know this may be a panic but mrs Benson made me cancel thomas cook holiday for november to rebook with virgin they are in real trouble and they are acting like all is well financial times said this morning their shares worthless now because of size of debt and we dont want to loose holiday yes we lost 500 deposit but rebooking with price we just paid we actually save 300 on what were paying so happy just be aware keep an eye on them
Could be a good call. If they did go under, immediately all other flights would start to go up- saw it with Monarch where I was caught with 3 flights booked.
Old 19 May 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I thought that if Thomas cook are acting as an agent ie. if you book a package with them that under ABTA rules all monies you pay have to sit in escrow until you return.

If you have booked flights with them that is different.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

im sorry to argue with you but it was i who was talking to the person not you my son is a top manager with spanish tui he has mates in thompson he phoned us from gran canaria as he lives their and told us to cancel booking also go to financila timess today they say thomas cook shares are now actually worthless and give it a couple of months at best sorry but i dont lie or scaremonger thankyou very much but you keep your head in the sand because i have a duty as a dibber to tell people who are booked with thomas cook they are in trouble real trouble
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

i waspaying direct debit to be fair they have refunded minus deposit but as said rebooked with kenwood travel even with deposit loss 300 pounds gain
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

thankyou
Old 19 May 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

whats a blatant lie please inform me as im interested thankyou nothing i stated is false at all
Old 19 May 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

and all other airlines who went down including the other week were taking booking even up to minutes before it collapsed just saying