Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 10 Jun 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Just caught up on your last few days and it looks like you had a really good time.
That storm sounds really scary though.
Thanks for catching up - for some reason , I had missed all of these lovely replies

Apologies but thanks for reading as always

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by KittyBlackDog View Post
A great start to the day.

We pretty much said word for word about IASW when our names came up (also without fp)

Grand Marshall for the day 😍😎. How cool is that! We can only live in hope 🤞🏻 So cool to stop and chat with them.

It’s so scary being so close to a lightning strike especially in a car 😳🥺💩😱

We got caught one evening too. Tried to get on to the I4 which was stationery for 20mins before moving a cars length, so diverted back and got on the 27 to only get stuck again, found a route to old lake Wilson road which was very slowly moving and vowed to missed rush hours as much as we could in future so had early dinners when we realised our mistake (again).

Pool time is the sanity restoration needed when you get in from all that 😁.

Off to read day 16 😁

Just trying to catch up with some of the posts I have missed
Glad you had the same IASW experience, amazing what they can do with those bands - see day 19 for even more info on that!

Grand Marshall family were buzzing so much, what an amazing thing to happen

As for the pool - it is a must after nearly every I4 journey

Thanks for reading as always

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by tory79 View Post
I had a similar freaky magic band experience on RnR - I went in the single rider queue, didn’t scan my band at any point, didn’t scan for a photo as it was only me and yet my name came up on the poster in the queue and my ride photo also appeared in our memory maker photos! Don’t know whether to be amazed or creeped out...

I agree, it is a creepy way of using the technology. Nice to see but just how they know all that stuff without you scanning the band is something else

Thanks for reading

Old 13 Jun 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Thanks for the shopping haul photos, always appreciated.

Now I have the vamos song stuck in my head haha.

We preferred the old Hall of Presidents film; I miss Morgan Freeman’s narration. We have watched it on YouTube a few times at home and reminisced.

Can you believe they have announced there’s not even any plans for an evening parade to coincide with the 50th!? I do like to have rose tinted glasses when it comes to Disney but that this decision is motivated purely by greed makes me feel sick. The park is a sadder place in the evening minus a parade.

Tacos are the winning dinner I think!
Know you like shopping pics

Morgan Freeman's voice is something else, no matter what he is in, carries such a sense of authority and calm.

As for the parade, I think we have said it before, but they messed up big time with Spectro and the cost cutting / greed that has followed has again meant you pay more to experience less. The park is a sadder place of an evening
We need a whole section on The Dibb to register complaints like this

Tacos were lovely

Appreciate your continued reading , as always

PS apologies about the Vamos song

Edited at 04:03 PM.
Old 27 Jun 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Another magical day in the kingdom

I am still devastated that Disney stopped the spectromagic parade However, I am forever hopeful that Disney will hear our prayers for a new night time parade

Wow, scary experience with the lightening
Old 28 Jun 19, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
Another magical day in the kingdom

I am still devastated that Disney stopped the spectromagic parade However, I am forever hopeful that Disney will hear our prayers for a new night time parade

Wow, scary experience with the lightening
I'm not holding out much hope on the parade front

More than anything else your countdown is looking so good

19 days! Woo Hoo

Old 1 Jul 19, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Apologies - I missed your responses when posted
Sorry!
Just trying to catch up on days like these and hope I can get to the end of the whole report before the countdown gets too short!

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
My youngest absolutely loves the monorail and even though we stay onsite and generally bus to Magic Kingdom we have to find an excuse to take the monorail every trip! One year we walked out of MK and took the monorail all the way to Epcot just to get a bus back to the resort. It would be her dream to stay at the Contemporary and I was actually considering it for our next trip until they stopped offering free dining there.

You had another great day in MK. We've never done the hall of presidents but DH is insisting that we make time.

The lightning strike sounds scary. The storms in Florida are definitely spectacular.
The monorail is a must do! even though they are falling apart and have the most unique air con smell after all these years of use.
Appreciate your reading again and your Contemporary stay will remain a dream for the future

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
I do really love a good lightening storm, but that did sound a little too close for comfort.
It was, although I 'm the same I am fascinated by thunder and lightning storms

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
An MK day is always a good day in my book.

I do agree about the parade. We saw the Main Street Electrical Parade on our first visit, and Pete (of Pete's dragon) spotted our 'First Visit' badges and shouted 'Happy first time'! It's those little things that make the day.

We also saw the Jingle Jungle Parade that visit, and really wish AK had kept their parade too.

Shame there are no parades any more -we did MNSSHP and the atmosphere was so different and is noted in the words that day - it really was just like old times!
As you say though, a Day in MK is always a good day

Old 13 Jul 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I love watching lightening, especially out at sea but there is no way I want it to be that close to me... scary car journey I’m not sure I would have braved Target I’d just want to be in the Villa
Great day in the park I love it when It’s a Small World greets you at the end
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I love watching lightening, especially out at sea but there is no way I want it to be that close to me... scary car journey I’m not sure I would have braved Target I’d just want to be in the Villa
Great day in the park I love it when It’s a Small World greets you at the end
magic band info becomes scary! Possibly more than the lightning!

So close and more than anything - lightning in Florida is much more a reality than you ever think.
It is not like at home and you really do need to get out of there asap.