Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jul 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
CRISSY61
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile Thomas cook flights v virgin

We are looking at flights for May 2020. Flown with virgin for many years & love them but prices seem to be so expensive. Considering Thomas cook but never used them before. Can anyone show the advantages of booking with TC apart from price? We wld like premium for the return flight & this seems much better value than virgin. Do TC provide free drinks throughout? Can you use your own headphones for IFE?
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

virgin is cheap compared if you search around our holiday with virgin is 1000 pounds cheaper than thomas cook we booked it then saw them in trouble was suprised to get it the same holiday 1000 pounds cheaper can provide proof if needed through kenwood travel TC keep changing to airtanker too just look at other threads to see that they are been awful at mo at using other companies planes which are lower standard in my opinion overhead ife not everybody has ipads etc so long flight where you dont choose your efi
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

We fly Thomas Cook PE, we cannot find any Virgin flights as cheap as TC when we fly. In PE you have drinks whenever you want them included in the price. We are booked for next year, summer holidays. I know that Economy get drinks with meals, other drinks have to be paid for, also ife in economy is basic package. However, are you going to drink £100’s worth each during a flight, as that is the difference between Virgin and TC price for us. Yes, you can use your own headphones, we take our own.

Edited at 11:31 AM.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by bennyboy0751 View Post
virgin is cheap compared if you search around our holiday with virgin is 1000 pounds cheaper than thomas cook we booked it then saw them in trouble was suprised to get it the same holiday 1000 pounds cheaper can provide proof if needed through kenwood travel TC keep changing to airtanker too just look at other threads to see that they are been awful at mo at using other companies planes which are lower standard in my opinion overhead ife not everybody has ipads etc so long flight where you dont choose your efi
They are not using air tanker and do not keep changing to it. However, other companies are using the air tanker. Their planes are actually younger than other airlines. I remember flying to America and thinking it was great that they had overhead monitors to watch stuff, now people are complaining about it

Edited at 11:35 AM.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

sorry but they are my friend just had email for november flight thats exactly what they are doing and it states overhead ife they are going to get small refund because they paid for seats
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
CRISSY61
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We only want flights as accommodation already booked, TC are coming up cheaper even choosing premium on return - virgin premium is ridiculous price- the reason we ended up flying back in economy exit row this year- just not worth an extra £400pp. It’s a case of do we change airline after about 10 years of flying virgin & knowing what we get🤔

Edited at 11:37 AM.
CRISSY61 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by CRISSY61 View Post
We only want flights as accommodation already booked, TC are coming up cheaper even choosing premium on return - virgin premium is ridiculous price- the reason we ended up flying back in economy exit row this year- just not worth an extra £400pp
We look at Virgin when they release and right up until going, they remain too expensive even for economy.
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

sorry Anneeb my bad was watching cricket did not read properly brain freeze did not realise flight only yeh they are cheaper but i love virgin and the free stuff hate paying for drinks when youve paid enough and your a captured audience my mate other week paid nearly a tenner for two cokes and a coffee too much
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
pudding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

I have just flown virgin economy first time ever i usually go BA or any airline thats the cheapest really.I was so looking forward to flying with them but to be honest it was just the same as any other airline.maybe cos it was economy i don't know how good upgrades are with them.not really helping with your question sorry

Pudding
pudding is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by bennyboy0751 View Post
sorry Anneeb my bad was watching cricket did not read properly brain freeze did not realise flight only yeh they are cheaper but i love virgin and the free stuff hate paying for drinks when youve paid enough and your a captured audience my mate other week paid nearly a tenner for two cokes and a coffee too much
How’s the cricket going? I know, it’s expensive to buy stuff on an aircraft