Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Thanks!

I wasn't overly concerned that it wasn't showing but when it updated to show our new resort and was still not showing my ticket alarm bells started ringing.

Good luck with FP this week! I am definitely going to be in a funk when September rolls around and we won't be off alongside you.
Yes but when I’m back you’ll still have your trip to go on .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Been faffing about with the car hire again . After I had booked with Hertz I remembered I had wanted to get the Magical Express so I didn’t need to worry about driving from the airport after taking a wrong turn last year. Someone posted on here that Alamo prices had dropped so I had a wee look and indeed they had. Even taking into account the cancellation charge with Hertz it’s working out much the same to book with Alamo from the Car Care Centre plus with Alamo if the price drops I can keep amending. Alamo will wonder what I’m up to though. I cancelled a booking a couple of days after booking last week, today I booked to pick up on our first full day after AK then remembered we decided we’d probably get the bus to MK so changed it again to pick up our second day. I think my credit card company will be on the phone!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
That would stress me out! Mine is next Monday so I’ve taken the day off! To be fair I work my hours across 4 days and can be flexible but I was prepared to use annual leave .
Hope you manage to get all that you want.
Due to a mix up between my son and his ex we left after 1200 so managed to get most of what we wanted. Might have to tweek a bit later.
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Hope you manage to get all that you want.
Due to a mix up between my son and his ex we left after 1200 so managed to get most of what we wanted. Might have to tweek a bit later.
Thanks. We’ll do some finalising of plans over the weekend but I’m prepared to not get FoP on our first day and do some tweaking over the weeks ahead.

Sounds like that mix up was a good thing then!

Trip Report Index
Old 14 Jul 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Fast Pass day tomorrow and I feel like I’m wishing today away! I know once it’s done I’ll feel a little deflated too! I think I’ve finalised the plan though.

Day 1 - AK as early as we can. We’ll try and get FP for FoP plus we usually do Everest and Dinosaur. The safari we do at rope drop while it’s cool. Hoping to be done after lunch which we might have at Yak & Yeti. We find on day 1 lunch time feels like dinner time! Afternoon we’ll chill around the resort and probably have dinner there but if we have the energy we may go to a park.

Day 2 - MK where we always FP Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. We’ll try and get them 9,10,11 but bring them forward if we can and then use additional FP to get everything else. We find this works really well at MK. Breakfast is booked at BoG for around 8am and we’ll keep that as I think we’ll be hungry then. Lunch will be somewhere like Pecos Bill. We pick the car up this day so will probably leave the park about 2/3ish. For dinner I’d like to try one of the many places in DS like Chicken Guy for example.

Day 3 - DHS for 6am if we can manage. This is one of the reasons I went back on the car hire as I think it’ll be easier to get there at that time. FP is difficult with the new tiers so I’ll go for Slinky, Star Tours and Muppets probably. If I can’t get Slinky I’ll be happy with TSM but I had hoped to get that as a 4th FP. I’m tempted to make the Muppets first as a “throwaway” FP but not sure I want to wait until 10 for our first ride. It’ll depend how Galaxy’s Edge is. Lunch in the park and dinner probably at DS.

Day 4 - later start with AK planned in the afternoon/evening. We like to do the safari at twilight so that’ll be a FP plus FoP and Everest. I’ve booked the Restaurantosaurus dinner too.

Day 5 - Epcot with breakfast at Garden Grill pre park opening although this may change before tomorrow. I had initially really wanted GG as a means to get on Soarin’ with no FP but staying at the Dolphin has made me reconsider. Day 6 is supposed to be MK but with checking in to The Dolphin I’m thinking Epcot will be better plus it’s EMH there. All this is dependent on Disney moving our bags from CSR to the Dolphin which we won’t know for sure until we get there. So it’s either Epcot or MK with Day 6 being the opposite. Whichever way round lunch will be snacks around Food & Wine. FP will probably be the same either way as we’ll do Soarin’ either after GG or during EMH.

Day 6 - see above. Either way, we’ll aim to spend the evening in Galaxy’s Edge.

Day 7 - morning at DHS as early as we can. We’ll also aim to have a wander along the Boardwalk and dinner is The Yachtsman. We may pop in to Epcot or DHS after dinner depending how we got on the evening before.

Day 8 - Epcot. I’m still looking for an 8am Garden Grill slot which would help make up my mind about days 5 & 6 but otherwise as early start at Epcot. FP will be dependent on GG. I don’t think we’ll spend long there and we’ll spend the afternoon doing washing and chilling around CSR.

Day 9 - lazy start with an afternoon/evening at AK again. I’ve booked Pizzafari this time. FP will be the same as last late start and I think we’ll try and do River of Light.

Day 10 - Universal Studios. We don’t expect to be too long there and may very well be done by lunch time. It’ll very much depend on wait times. We may go shopping at the outlets while up that way.

Day 11 - Islands of Adventure. Again I doubt we’ll be there long. I may book some FP for that evening, maybe in Epcot as we only have 2 days planned there.

Day 12 - is planned as a later MK day with dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. FP will be the same as always just starting later. We tend to do Splash Mountain first though so we have time to dry off!

Day 13 - DHS again with the same FP booked as before.

Day 14 - MK with lunch at BoG this time. Same FP as usual.

Day 15 - last day and a morning at AK. As long as I get FoP I don’t care about anything else!

The evenings we have no dinner booked we’ll probably eat at DS. I want to avoid just eating at the food court out of easiness and this is where DDP works better for us. It forces us to go out! We may venture into a park if we feel like it but it always depends on energy levels!

Trip Report Index
Old 14 Jul 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well we’ve had a chat and decided to switch things about. We’ll take advantage of EMH at Epcot on our checking into the Dolphin day and forego the Garden Grill breakfast. We’ll still do BoG for breakfast on the MK day but I’ll try for a later slot so we can have a long lie!

Trip Report Index
Old 14 Jul 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Looks like a great plan Lisa. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the FP booking goes well tomorrow. A shame that Garden Grill breakfast has gone by the wayside, but I think given how close you'll be taking advantage of the EMH is a good plan. I'll eat enough at our GG breakfast for you as well if you want

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Looks like a great plan Lisa. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the FP booking goes well tomorrow. A shame that Garden Grill breakfast has gone by the wayside, but I think given how close you'll be taking advantage of the EMH is a good plan. I'll eat enough at our GG breakfast for you as well if you want
Yes please do . I think we were only going for the giant cinnamon bun and early access to Soarin’. We’ll get the cinnamon bun at Kusafiri in AK anyway. The downside of having QSDP is that we keep losing TS meals as I grudge paying for them!

Trip Report Index
Old 14 Jul 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Sounds like a great plan, I’ll keep everything crossed for you that you get all the fastpasses you want.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Sounds like a great plan, I’ll keep everything crossed for you that you get all the fastpasses you want.
Thanks. I’ll be reporting back tomorrow afternoon!

Trip Report Index