Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jul 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

I get it as I was really low after we got back from our second trip in 2015. I felt down for weeks . Unfortunately not been able to afford to go back for 3rd yet but have had other great holidays, its such a magical place its hard to get back to real life after x
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile

I know how you feel. We got back from Easter and I’m squeezing in a cheeky couple of weeks without hubby over summer as he doesn’t have enough holiday (with his full blessing before you all get excited! ) then back as a family next year
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
I never feel like this, am I not a true dibber 🤔
Me neither - none of my family do.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JLH View Post
I wonder what it makes me - I have a trip booked for August and keep thinking I wish I booked Greece - I wished I booked Greece - a European beach holiday where I can do nothing but relax . Maybe I should be banned from the dibb 😱😀
I’ve booked Greece and keep thinking maybe we should of gone to Florida, without parks it is doable. Could of chilled and eaten out, I really wanted to go to Greece but am now thinking will we be bored! It ain’t cheap either.
Old 14 Jul 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Yes there is. Scarlett’s 5 in August and Georgia is 4 in December. Then it’s 1st Christmas in our new house and I am banned from cooking so that should be good. Then cruise in April. And Florida in June.

I am very very lucky to have all this and I am gonna stop moaning cos I really shouldn’t. This is worlds away from a 4night mid week break in brid or skeggy. Even pushed the boat out one year for 7days in Cornwall.
First World problems. You really are very lucky having enough money for all the holidays that you go on. After splitting with my ex husband I didn't go anywhere for years as I simply couldn't afford it, not even a 4 night midweek break in Brid or Skeggy, let alone 7 days in Cornwall. However that all made me appreciate the holidays that I do now go on - usually a few days visiting friends in York or a few days at DLP - either one or another of those a year. WDW only started last year after a break of over 20 years from it.

Edited at 06:21 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
First World problems. You really are very lucky having enough money for all the holidays that you go on. After splitting with my ex husband I didn't go anywhere for years as I simply couldn't afford it, not even a 4 night midweek break in Brid or Skeggy, let alone 7 days in Cornwall. However that all made me appreciate the holidays that I do now go on - usually a few days visiting friends in York or a few days at DLP - either one or another of those a year. WDW only started last year after a break of over 20 years from it.
I think responses like this are mean and uncalled for.

So what if the OP is in a fortunate enough position to be able to afford multiple holidays, I don’t see her or others on threads criticising people’s holiday choices or lifestyle.
This is a forum for people heading to Disney/Florida in the main, a place that it is expensive to visit. Some manage it every few years, some of us can do it more. That doesn’t make us bad people and our/this thread isn’t an invitation to be talked down to, nor do I see this as a “humble brag” thread.

It’s a feeling many of us empathise with. I’m sorry for your situation, but even more sorry that it has given you such a poor attitude to others better fortune

Edited at 10:00 AM.
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by choccielover View Post
I think responses like this are mean and I called for.

So what if the OP is in a fortunate enough position to be able to afford multiple holidays, I don’t see her or others on threads criticising people’s holiday choices or lifestyle.
This is a forum for people heading to Disney/Florida in the main, a place that it is expensive to visit. Some manage it every few years, some of us can do it more. That doesn’t make us bad people and our/this thread isn’t an invitation to be talked down to, nor do I see this as a “humble brag” thread.

It’s a feeling many of us empathise with. I’m sorry for your situation, but even more sorry that it has given you such a poor attitude to others better fortune
Thank you choccie for saying that.

Andybear. I feel I may have done something to offend you as there have been quite a few comments to me from yourself before along these lines. I get that it’s not third world problems. I know I am very fortunate now, previously we weren’t able to have massive holidays but again that was partly our fault as we wanted to hammer the mortgage to move house.
I don’t know how hard divorce is etc as I have been with my husband nearly half my life but I was a child of divorce so did get to see it from that point of view and it looks very hard and I’m glad you have gotten to a place where you can also go to experience the magic.
I read of far more people going lots of times a year and also going to more expensive hotels to us etc so I didn’t think this kind of holiday blues was abnormal and I just needed like minded people to put it into perspective for me. I now see that there are lots of people feeling the same way about wanting to go back but to plan and look forward (as I should have been from the start) rather than trying to rush back.
Hubby and I have worked hard to get to where we want to be and I suppose now that I’m here I am going a bit overboard.

Thank you all for your comments I have taken them on board and I haven’t looked once for a holiday today. The dibb though seems to be a habit I can’t kick 😁
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I see both sides. I always feel ready to book Disney again as soon as we come back. However a couple of months later, I’m looking at different destinations and new holidays to explore. As much as we love Disney, I don’t think I would only go there exclusively, there’s a big world to see with lots of fun and interesting places.

I think op that you partly want to go back to get maximum value from the annual pass, but it’s not good value if it’s costing more than you can really afford for flights etc. By going twice in a year, you are getting great value from the pass anyway without it stretching the budget too much. As your DH hasn’t got enough annual leave, I wouldn’t even consider it (unless I went without him 😂 ) as it’s unfair to expect him to work so much extra to get the time off. If I could afford it, then I may consider a trip for just my DD and myself but my DD is 18 so it would be a simple trip to plan, I don’t know if I would want to take a trip with two little ones (as your girls are) without DH to help out (I know many parents do manage trips with young children alone, I’m just saying personally I would find it exhausting).

I think if you write a list of pros and cons of booking an extra trip you would see more cons and realise that it isn’t a good idea. There will be other years and other trips I’m sure 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Know how you feel first time we went DH booked it didn’t tell me where we were going till the airport que big big meltdown we had a 6 week old at the time thought we were going to my brothers in France
Just look at my signature and see what it’s cost me /us over the years
And wouldn’t swap a thick penny for a thin one we’d hadnearly 13 years of going home and nothing beats pulling into our drive at the villa never ever fails to make us and now our grown up boys think
How lucky are we
( brother thinks the same about his home in France Sister about hers in the Canary’s )
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I’ve booked Greece and keep thinking maybe we should of gone to Florida, without parks it is doable. Could of chilled and eaten out, I really wanted to go to Greece but am now thinking will we be bored! It ain’t cheap either.
I picked Florida as it was slightly cheaper without the tickets for longer duration but now the thought of being bored with guaranteed sunshine appeals to me more I will be fine once I am there but there's many times I do feel I am suited to a European version of the dibb rather than Florida one !