Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 May 17, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Booked Hong Kong for this October, is 1 day at Disney enough?

So we've booked to go to Hong Kong for a week in October half term. We are so excited and are planning to visit Disney naturally! We have 6 days really, the last day is our travel day but we don't fly until midnight that night so we can do something that day. Is one full day at Disney enough or is one and a half or even two better with 4 other days for sightseeing? Myself and my daughters all think we need more than one day but my husband says one is plenty!
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 05:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

For me one day was plenty! But I was on my own so probably more efficient at getting around plus I (whispering) am not the biggest Disney fan!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile

One day was fine for me but I travelled alone and missed out some of the shows
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
PrincessBower
Getting Excited

Yes, we felt one day was plenty of time. Enjoy!
PrincessBower is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Minion71
Getting Excited

I haven't been to HK Disney so can't comment on that - but you need to spend time in HK itself - such a beautiful interesting place. We went quite a few years ago now but we visited the usual places - Victoria Peak, The Botanical Gardens ( we went early to see lots of people doing Tai Chi - and also strangely lots of people in Wedding Dresses having photo shoots ) we also made sure we went on the Star Ferry ( cost about 9p at the time think the price has shot up to 25p now! ) and the usual trips to the markets. So much to fill your days ( oh forgot Ocean Park - worth a trip there as well).
Minion71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

We just visited HK for our wedding anniversary in Feb. We did 2 days sightseeing which included the red and green bus tours. The Peak Tram and Star Ferry is included in the price and the lady at the desk gave us a small discount when we hesitated. There is a 3rd bus route on the Kowloon side, however we were happy strolling along the harbour, seeing the clocktower and visiting the Peninsula Hotel. Two days was more than enough for that part.

We then stayed at the HK Disneyland Hotel for 2 nights, with 2 days park admission beginning the day after check in. The final day was the day we flew home in the evening.

What i'd advise is that HKDL is definitely the most laid back of all Disney parks globally in my experience, and you'll find it has quite a different pace and feel to the other parks.

Race around grabbing fast passes and trying to cram everything in as per one might do at WDW for example, and you'll find that you've done everything in a morning.

You can easily do everything in one day, however as Disney fans it was lovely having a 2nd day and really slowing down to appreciate everything and revisit your favourites.

Mystic Manor is a must (we must have done it 5 times!) as are all the incredible shows there.

We also had the luxury of staying on site so we went back to the room both days for a siesta. If you're travelling in you might find 1 day a little bit more busy but absolutely doable!

Edited at 10:21 AM.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everone, good to know that if we just have the one day it should be enough.
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post

One day was fine for us aswell. We went midweek and it was easy to get about and never queued longer than 20mins for a ride which was the iron man ride due to it being the newest ride at the park.

As mentioned it's very laid back compared to American parks, if you go midweek like we did don't waste money on fast passes they won't be needed

Edited at 05:46 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

One day was perfect for us, but we crammed so much in! We got there half an hour before opening and stayed till after the fireworks. We watched every show, went on every ride, some twice, we had an absolute blast! I loved every second but the only negative was it just went so fast!
Old 21 May 17, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted-nadi
Apprentice Imagineer

One day is more than enough , it's charming and pretty, make sure you do mystic manor !

My heart belongs to uncle Walt
Orlando/Paris/Cali/HongKong/Tokyo ✔️
Shanghai one day
Enchanted-nadi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List