Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Sep 17, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted-nadi
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
See I'd like to rent a house,but worries me is if there was an earthquake,I wouldn't have a clue what to do,lol!
You go under the table lol . It was a house made out of a metal looking strange container , sounds weird , but was very funky .

My heart belongs to uncle Walt
Orlando/Paris/Cali/HongKong/Tokyo ✔️
Shanghai one day
Enchanted-nadi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
I stayed at the Sheraton which is one of their partner hotels and is close to a stop on the Disney monorail (you have to pay for the monorail though). You can either walk or take an approximately 2 minute shuttle ride to the monorail station from the Sheraton. One of their floors (ocean dream rooms I think) had been refurbished when I stayed there in 2015 and the rooms were great, nice and large.

Heard good things about the Hilton there as well.
Yep, we stayed at the Sheraton Grande Toyko Bay too - it was gorgeous, and directly over the road from a monorail station! Tickets for the monorail can be bought at the station, there is an English language machine for those of us who don't speak Japanese, and everything was really easy and convenient for the parks and the Downtown area (Ikspiari). We had an ocean view room with a balcony, and as you come down from the upper floors in the glass-sided lift you can see the Disney Castle behind you, in the distance!
Old 25 Sep 17, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Just looked up where you stayed (Pencil House) it looked fantastic. They have a submarine house too near Harajuku. Told the hubby if we went I would be dressed up quirky everyday to go out.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you for all your responses

How long did you stay in the tokyo area?

Do you think it is possible to travel to universal Osaka and back again in day?

What other things did you do in Tokyo, other than Disney?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Enchanted-nadi View Post
You go under the table lol . It was a house made out of a metal looking strange container , sounds weird , but was very funky .
Lol-Is that it? I thought it would be something more elaborate I'll have a look at Airb'nb. Thanks
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 17, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by NITR8 View Post
Do you think it is possible to travel to universal Osaka and back again in day?
Possible, but a very long and expensive day. Osaka is a 3 hour ride away from Tokyo on the Shinkansen (bullet train) and tickets are about £98 ish each way. You could do it if you have the Japan Rail Pass, but again very expensive if your base is just the Tokyo area.

If you want to do Osaka/Universal, you might want to think about flying into Osaka from the UK, doing Universal and nearby Kyoto, then getting the Shinkansen down to Tokyo and flying out from there back to the UK.
Ben1993 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List