Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
199 Days and Flights are booked

I'm about as happy as a leprechaun

because flights are now booked with these lovely people

It means I can stop flight tracking (not sure what I will do each evening now? hmm, wait a minute yes I do - PLANNING!).

I paid £2421.16 for indirect flights from Gatwick to Dublin (looking forward to the pre-clearance) and then from Dublin to MCO. We have never flown with Aer Lingus before, hopefully they are good! If you have flown with them and they were good then I'm really keen to hear your thoughts, on the other hand if you have had a poor experience then maybe you could just lie to me

I'm feeling pretty pleased I was able to select all the seats when the booking was made so I know where we will be sitting. Also, standard luggage was included in the price too. It's not quite as low as my original hoped for price but I hadn't seen anything lower than £2,600 (and that was months ago).

The other thing that I'm fairly happy about is that we now have 16 days. We fly out on Tuesday 31st July, this is my original date and is the date OKW is booked from for 14 nights. The return flight is at 21.10 on Thursday 16th August. So, decisions need to be made...

The way I see it there are 3 main contenders:
  1. Try to extend the OKW booking for 2 more nights - from looking on wdw website there doesn't look like there is availability, but if possible this would give us 2 more days of the dining plan
  2. Book up a different wdw resort for the last 2 days. Those of you who have been here a while will remember my yearning for POR and the Princess Rooms! There is availability so this option looks like a goer, but we would not have the dining plan for the last 2 days.
  3. Go to universal and have 2 or 3 days there. This was never going to be an option as you this is a DISNEY only trip, but...DD is really into HP at the moment and is currently reading book 3 and really wants to see the HP stuff again. The problem with this option is that it will cost around £800 just for the tickets, let alone the cost of a hotel for the 2 nights.

I don't know what to do , so I'm keen to find out what you all think and what you would do, answers on the back of a postcard or a SAE would be greatly appreciated !

Oh and I nearly forgot we're under 200 days day 199 to be precise so that is super exciting.

Plus me, the kids and my mum are meeting my brother in London today to go and see Aladdin.

It's a whole new world!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Dimple
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Congrats on booking flights bet your delighted that stress is over!
We last flew aerlingus in 2015 and top tip is that although they dont come around too often witht the drinks trolley you can always go up to the galley? And get a drink 'to go' as such. Preclearance is so handy i actually wont leave dublin without it now as sometimes there are flight options via the U.K. that come in cheaper but i choose preclearance!
I'd go for port orleans out of your choices and then you can see if it youd like to spend 2 weeks there in the future.
Enjoy aladdin!
Dimple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dimple View Post
Congrats on booking flights bet your delighted that stress is over!
We last flew aerlingus in 2015 and top tip is that although they dont come around too often witht the drinks trolley you can always go up to the galley? And get a drink 'to go' as such. Preclearance is so handy i actually wont leave dublin without it now as sometimes there are flight options via the U.K. that come in cheaper but i choose preclearance!
I'd go for port orleans out of your choices and then you can see if it youd like to spend 2 weeks there in the future.
Enjoy aladdin!
Thanks for that Dimple. I'll make a mental note about popping to the galley. Is Dublin a big airport? We have 2h30 stopover both ways...I'm assuming we collect luggage on the way out, but not on the way back? Can you remember?

Ok that's 1 for POR!

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Dimple
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Aerlingus flys into terminal 2 which is pretty small reallly and once you pass preclearance there is literally only a small cafe shop type place so prepare to be bored down there!
I'd imagine your bags will be checked right through and you'll identify them as yours on a screen at preclearance but as we start here in Dublin i'm not 100% on that!
Dimple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Aerlingus flys into terminal 2 which is pretty small reallly and once you pass preclearance there is literally only a small cafe shop type place so prepare to be bored down there!
I'd imagine your bags will be checked right through and you'll identify them as yours on a screen at preclearance but as we start here in Dublin i'm not 100% on that!
Ok. So no tasty airport lunch then!

Thanks for the info. X

Old 13 Jan 18, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Dimple
Excited about Disney

Ah there's a couple of place before preclearance a burger king, a pub type restaurant another quick service type- place nowhere I'd particularly rate though but will fill a gap!
Old 13 Jan 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Skittl1321
Getting Excited

Mobile

So exciting to have booked flights!
Skittl1321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Glad you've booked your flights! We'll definitely be there at the same time 🤗😁
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Ah there's a couple of place before preclearance a burger king, a pub type restaurant another quick service type- place nowhere I'd particularly rate though but will fill a gap!
Thank you. I'm sure there will be a Dublin airport website with information and I can look this stuff up, but I love hearing about other people's experiences. I dare say we will have a breakfast at Gatwick before the first flight so we should be fine...although saying that the kids are ALWAYS hungry!

Old 14 Jan 18, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
So exciting to have booked flights!
Oh, Shakira! You're here! Yes indeed it is. I know you've been busy all over the dibb today...I've been in London so sorry for tardy replies over in Salzburg.