Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Aug 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Mission space- Orange or green!

Reading reviews on it and can't decide which to go for! Is the orange version really that bad?
Old 19 Aug 18, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mickee
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm orange all the way, but the spinning and g force don't bother me. It is fairly intense though. X
- 1999 lake buena vista, 2001 lindifields villa, 2010 bridgewater crossing,2013 sandy ridge, 2014 extended stay america, 2015 westridge manors north, 2017 southern dunes villa, 2018 calabay Parc villa.

trip report= https://DIBB.in/12468393
mickee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Orange is noticeably more intense than Green.

One other to note, we were there last week and the queue time for Orange is always shown as higher than Green, however this is usually not the case, as from speaking to a staff member he said they purposely inflate it so that people who may have health issues or err on the cautious side don't see the smaller queue for Orange and switch over.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

If you have motion sickness or felt ill on pretty much any other simulator ride, probably Green. Otherwise, go for Orange, it's hilarious. Very intense for a Disney ride but only for relatively brief periods.
Old 19 Aug 18, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Thanks for your replies. I think we’ll just try it. We won’t do it again if it’s horrific! Would be a shame not to try it. Just trying to think What ride could you compare it too?

Edited at 10:50 PM.
tinytots is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

I'm not sure I've been on anything that really compares to Mission Space. The ride vehicle is totally unlike any other simulator. The level of G-force I suppose compares to that you might experience on one of the more intense spinning flat rides you'd find at a carnival / UK amusement park, but the way it's delivered doesn't compare to any of them.

Having had no knowledge of what it was like before I rode the first time, I loved it. If you enjoy other simulator rides, you probably will too.
Old 19 Aug 18, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ratmanscoop View Post
I'm not sure I've been on anything that really compares to Mission Space. The ride vehicle is totally unlike any other simulator. The level of G-force I suppose compares to that you might experience on one of the more intense spinning flat rides you'd find at a carnival / UK amusement park, but the way it's delivered doesn't compare to any of them.

Having had no knowledge of what it was like before I rode the first time, I loved it. If you enjoy other simulator rides, you probably will too.
Thank you. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Star Tours, The Simpson’s! Which are both very tame. Glad to hear you loved it
Old 19 Aug 18, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Yeah it's nothing like those for several reasons:

1 - you are tilted to face up as befits a rocket launch (if you've ever done the shuttle sim at KSC that would feel similar but that's a huge vehicle compared to Mission Space)
2 - the ride vehicle is tiny, and the screen is up against your face. It's comfortable enough once you're in, but it's very claustrophobic compared to the massive theater of the simpsons or the big vehicle of Star Tours.
3 - The G-force that matters is continuous. Not much of it is a rough and tumble affair where you bounce up and down like the two rides you mentioned, it's a continuously applied effect, a bit like an aeroplane take off perhaps? Hard to put in words but you'll know what I mean when you feel it. There's plenty of stuff online showing you how the effect is done if you're interested, but that would rather spoil the Disney magic, would it not

Edited at 11:18 PM.
ratmanscoop is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 02:42 AM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

the queue time for green on saturday was so short our group had only 1 of the capsules in use. So i would say if your not sure give green a go first if its a short queue and then do the other one if green does not bother you.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilminx
Excited about Disney

me and DD 10 done the Green first and sent DH on Orange to test it. the Green to be honest was useless. we then went on Orange and DD loved it. I also enjoyed it. I get real sick on Simpson's ride but this was nothing like it. although as the g force got up I thought I might pee my pants with the pressure lol the g force doesn't last that long
Lilminx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List