Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jun 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Saturday is usually our busiest evening of the week so the day is usually up on a morning and cash up from the friday function. Then buy any stock needed for the saturday.

I play cricket on a saturday but rush back for work at 6.30pm

Wife usually in work at 7.30-1.30am im usually 6.30-12.30am but tend to try and get in a little earlier and get whats an early night for me.

Sunday we normally have a dinner and its feet up unless its darts on a sunday evening.
Old 9 Jun 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm a bit the same since we retired. I do all the indoor jobs during the week so we can get out at the weekends or work in the garden. Sadly the weather has had us stuck in recently at weekends. 😪 I've been reading and got the sewing machine out to start making outfits for our trip in October. I do like a bit of a routine during the week but weekends I like to just get up and go somewhere.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

I do know what you mean. Yesterday, my wife and her friend had a pamper day, so she was out all day. Other than walking to the shop for a paper, I did nothing all day, and by evening time I was bored, the weather didn’t help.
We generally try to get out somewhere on a Saturday, then do gardening and car washing etc on a Sunday, all our housework and shopping is done during the week.
Today I’ve cleaned the gutters out and washed and vacuumed my car.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I just find weekends can be full of jobs. I’m a bit different at the moment as I’m doing supply teaching until my new contract starts in September but usually I work Saturday mornings, get home about one and do the shopping. Cleaning and washing on Sunday, bit of school work then back to work Monday. I tend to resent my Husband who has a lie in both days, goes for a long bike ride both days, potters if he wants to and then watches tv. He never wants to go out and that annoys me.

This weekend has been ok though, I was out with a friend Friday night, did the shopping yesterday, girls had maths tutoring then my in laws popped in for a coffee and chat. I then went out with friends.
Today I’ve cleaned throughout, washed and then helped sort the front garden and weeded the drive. Nothing interesting but quite relaxing.

I’m going to try and get a rota sorted for when I’m working full time so all my weekend isn’t spent doing chores.
Old 9 Jun 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I wouldn’t say weekends are boring but they can be a bit same old same old. Morrison’s order comes by 8, Daughter has running competitions usually on a Saturday, if there is no competition it is park run in the morning and house jobs in the afternoon. If the competition is away it will take up the whole day. Husband works Saturday until 1pm and usually has Sunday off.

Sunday morning is church although I don’t go every week anymore. Sunday afternoon is 30 miles each way to mums nursing home. Sometimes it is a nice visit sometimes not depending on how mum is as she has fairly advanced dementia. She has been lovely this week.

Sunday night is the ironing !

Husband and I really need to start making the effort to go out together really.

Edited at 05:59 PM.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

I work every other weekend so my weekends off are precious.
If i am not working we normally have morning not doing much. Then pop to shops or do a bit of jobs in the house. We used to make sure we took the kids out somewhere at least 1 day but now they are older this happens less and less.
This weekend
Friday night out with friends, first time since Christmas so well over due.
Saturday costco run they had some nice shorts for ds for holiday.
Sunday went to the range etc. Now about to start the washing..

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Thanks, yesterday me, dh and dd all sat down and watched a film which I rarely like to do in the day but it was quite relaxing. Today persuaded dd to come to a local National Trust place so we spent 2 hours there .

Next Saturday Im off to the ballet with my mum, first time for ballet, something Ive always wanted to see!

Dh has barely moved off the sofa !
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Went to Asda and got everything for Mexican food, just cooked fajitas with chicken and tacos with mince, sour, cream, guacamole, jalapeños, cheese and salad So at least we ate a nice meal thank heavens for El Paso!
Old 9 Jun 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Hubby and kids are at work/school/college etc all week, so we make the most of the weekends and are out and about both days. Couldn’t stay in, whatever the weather.
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I love weekends!
Rain, hail or shine we go out somewhere; woods, rivington, park, garden centre etc (daughter is at dance) then Saturday evening is family movie & treat night.
Most Sunday’s my son has a rugby match (husband is the coach) so they are out until lunch. I do our main shopping and they pick me up on their way home then we visit my mum for a few hours. My sister & her son is usually there so the kids have a laugh whilst the adults chat. Then it’s dinner, chill then bed.
Just not enough time at the weekends!
Garden & house work is done during the week to free up the weekend.
During the holidays when there is no dance or rugby we go out to the lakes or the seaside 👍🏻
We never just stay in.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List