Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Jul 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Question Thomas Cook flights

Are people still booking Thomas Cook flights?

We have only flown with Virgin on previous trips. We going with the family and are limited to school holidays this time. As next Easter is a very pricey time to fly, we can save several hundred pounds each by choosing Thomas Cook over Virgin.
We want to fly Manchester to Orlando direct.
We have no problem with TC, except that on another thread I have read about their recent problems.
Some members seem to think it will all be fine whatever happens (and I'm sure it will be if you have already booked before this came out) Others say they wouldn't now touch TC with a barge pole.
I presume this is why the flights are coming out cheaper.
I want to book soon. I booked the villa some time ago. I have already changed the villa dates from Saturday to Saturday to Sunday to Sunday, which is a considerable saving on flight prices.

Do we go with TC , save money but take a risk, or pay more with Virgin?

Edited at 05:44 PM.
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Kelly1234
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We have flights booked for this September and next September. It’s our preferred airline, we have flown with them numerous times to Florida. I wouldn’t hesitate to book with them again. Their prices are always competitive!
Kelly1234 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have our California flights for next August/September booked with them. We are flying to Orlando next Easter but found TC way too expensive and booked virgin indirect instead.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JCT-UK
Dancing with Tink'

weve booked TC for July 5th next year. Im not worrying.
JCT-UK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
CJC
Very Serious Dibber

We’ve also booked Florida flights with Thomas Cook for May2020.
CJC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

We have been travelling with Thomas Cook since we fell out with the airline in red a few years ago. We are booked for September and next October and still looking for a cheeky trip in June.
They have worked out much cheaper for us over the years and the service has always been as good as other airlines ( we have flown a few of them). I can also book them much earlier which gives more organising time.
All airlines have issues its just unfortunate that Thomas Cook have made the news by trying to sort out their issues, other airlines seem to keep very quiet.
I will continue to book with them if the price is right for when I want to travel.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

As a family of 4 we can save a minimum of £800 flying with Thomas Cook compared to Virgin. TC have better planes too ( certainly from Manchester)
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve.S
Imagineer

Steve.S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
we have used TC the last 5 times,never had a problem,and always saved a good few hundred,going with Iceland air this year saving over 1k going via Reykjavik
Steve.S is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Yes I am thinking of using them for next years trip I am not worried about it at all, I usually go with the cheapest with best flight times it’s a means to an end 🤣
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Thanks everyone. Very useful
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List