Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Jul 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile Packing sunglasses- what do you do?

I always end up putting sunglasses in hand luggage as I worry the cases will not protect the glasses in a suitcase.

But they really fill up the handluggage as I take quite a few pairs 😳

I think I’ll have 4 pairs plus prescription glasses that I’ll probably wear. Dh will have one pair and dd a few pairs but cheap ones from primark I’m not so worried about.

Ideally some kind of large protective case that’ll go in the suitcase, but does this even exist.

How do you pack sunglasses?
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

What about a packing cube? Would that work? I just put them in my case stuffed between things but mine are not expensive as I have a very bad habit of losing/leaving them on rides!🙈
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Well I definitely wouldn't take so many pairs of sunglasses. at most I would take two, one would be in my hand luggage and I would probably pack the other pair. I have never had an issue using a soft case, but it is easy to find a hard case if you are concerned.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Just in handbaggage but I just take two pair prescription ones. They slide between each other and go into one glasses case along with my spare pair of normal specs. so three pairs in one glasses case.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Mine are all in hard cases but I worry that the cases will get squashed in my luggage.

I am a bit protective of my sunglasses 😂 but they’re all quite expensive and I rather them and their cases not get ruined.

I like taking multiple pairs as I enjoy wearing them. We’re there for 5 weeks this year so they’ll all get plenty of use.

I can’t be the only person taking so many pairs can I?
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Possibly😀
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Mine are all in hard cases but I worry that the cases will get squashed in my luggage.

I am a bit protective of my sunglasses 😂 but they’re all quite expensive and I rather them and their cases not get ruined.

I like taking multiple pairs as I enjoy wearing them. We’re there for 5 weeks this year so they’ll all get plenty of use.

No I take a few pairs, I like to change. I just pack them in my case between my clothes. None have ever been damaged in loads of holidays
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Why not put them all into a plastic box (like Tupperware) if you’re worried. Pack between layers of clothes in the middle of your case - they should be fine.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FloridaNuts93 View Post
Why not put them all into a plastic box (like Tupperware) if you’re worried. Pack between layers of clothes in the middle of your case - they should be fine.
I think this is what I’ll do. Then invent some kind of special travel box that nobody will buy because I’m the only one taking so many sunglasses 😂
Old 8 Jul 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I put one pair of sunglasses and a spare pair of my ordinary prescription specs in my hand luggage.

A second spare pair of prescription glasses plus more sunglasses in my suitcase, which I keep in a cheap “Tupperware” type box from a Pound shop.

At the hotel that box just goes into a drawer so I always know where they are (no rummaging through everything in all the drawers).

Edited at 06:42 PM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List