Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 15 Jul 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Split stay - which resorts would you choose?

We're off again in January but I'm having a hard time deciding on where to stay. This isn't going to be a full on Disney trip but we have annual passes so will dip in and out of the parks on occasion. We're staying in a villa for 14 nights and then moving to onsite for the remaining 3. I'd like to try 2 new resorts that we haven't stayed at but I'm really not sure which ones to go for. I don't want to stay anywhere that we've stayed before so that rules out the Polynesian, Copper Creek & Kidani. Tempted by the new Riviera but I can only get 1 night there at the moment. Would you stay at a resort for 1 night? Ideally I would like 2 nights at one and 3 at the other.

Where would you stay and why?

Edited at 02:21 PM.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We won't do a split stay, far too much hassle.

However taking out the ones you don't wish to stay at and focussing on your request I would opt for OKW to experience the newly renovated rooms and BLT to wander into the MK.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I do split stays, but wouldn’t do one on a 5 night trip, and certainly wouldn’t stay for just one night. You might not get in until 4 and have to be out by 11. You’ll get plenty of opportunity to try Riviera probably, I’d save it until next time.
Shame Saratoga isn’t renovated as its ideal with Disney Springs for a non park trip, how about OKW? Short boat ride to Disney Springs, recently renovated, I love it there, very relaxing.
Edit- actually read TM’s post above after posting, we were thinking the same thing.

Edited at 06:36 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for the replies guys. Perhaps I’m being a little too adventurous by trying to squeeze 2 resorts into 5 nights. I just thought it would be fun to try a couple of new resorts and also splurge on one for the 2 nights and then stay somewhere cheaper for the 3 so we’d save a few points by doing it that way.

I like the OKW option, hadn’t considered that. Not a fan of the studios as I don’t like the 2 bed layout but like the look of the 2 beds, they’re huge! I had considered SSR as I’ve still not stayed there but I know there will be loads of renovations going on so perhaps it’s best avoided at the moment? All these first world problems hey... ☺️
Old 16 Jul 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

I’d do one of the Bs! Beach Club, Bay Lake or Boardwalk! I’m almost certain next time we go now I’m going to do GF and Bay Lake as I really want to try them all even though my fave so far is still poly.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. Perhaps I’m being a little too adventurous by trying to squeeze 2 resorts into 5 nights. I just thought it would be fun to try a couple of new resorts and also splurge on one for the 2 nights and then stay somewhere cheaper for the 3 so we’d save a few points by doing it that way.

I like the OKW option, hadn’t considered that. Not a fan of the studios as I don’t like the 2 bed layout but like the look of the 2 beds, they’re huge! I had considered SSR as I’ve still not stayed there but I know there will be loads of renovations going on so perhaps it’s best avoided at the moment? All these first world problems hey... ☺️
Personally I'm avoiding SSR now until the reno is done- not because it will impact, I doubt it will, but simply because the rooms need doing. I avoided OKW the last 2 years for the same reason, in 2016 when I was at OKW the rooms were a bit tired, not terrible, just tired. Bathrooms were the worst bit, but now lovely
OKW is a lovely relaxing resort, one of my favourites as we walk and run. I've stayed in a 1 and 2 bed at OKW and they are both massive. A 1 bed would suit yourself with kids, washer dryer, each kid has a bed (if 2?) with the sofa and chair. Kitchen for light meals and breakfast.Very, very comfortable. Olivia's
Love it there.

Edited at 09:03 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Moogles Smith
slightly serious Dibber

We have just booked our split stay for February in a Deluxe Studio.
6 nights at BLT and 5 at OKW.

Where you want to stay and what you see as available is not always what will be available come your booking window.

We haven't stayed at BLT and it was available for all 11 nights in the weeks/and days leading up to our booking but on the day itself no chance, only the first 6 nights were available and the other resorts we fancied ie Riviera and CCC had no availability at all (but were in the lead up)

Only the usual suspects were available ie SSR, OKW, AKL and our home resort POLY.

We stayed at OKW in May for the first time and really enjoyed it, the room was fresh and we welcomed the space (18 month old toddling about). Enjoyed the boat to DS, relaxed atmosphere and chilled out vibe so we have gone for this again.

We always have a car so in regard to the split stay move, we will either pack the car at BLT and crack on with our day somewhere, might be offsite, a park or another resort or even get bell service to transport the luggage for us, undecided yet and that's with 2 adults and a 2 and 8 year old.

We have done a split stay before between SSR and AKL and its easy, in fact it made the holiday feel longer.

Fingers crossed you get what you want

DVC Owner - Polynesian

Edited at 12:17 PM.
Moogles Smith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Thanks again for the replies! Still torn as to what do do regarding splitting the stay. I know moving around is a pain as I've done it before and always say I won't do it again next time

Perhaps moving just once is enough when we leave the villa Now to decide on where to stay for the 5 nights! GFV is out as I want to save some points. What to do...
Old 16 Jul 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Or... do I stay for 14 nights in the villa and just tag 3 nights onsite at the end saving more points? Thinking if I only did 3 nights then I would stay at either OKW or SSR as I think DS would be a good area to finish up the holiday. Would 3 nights in that area be enough though? Thanks for all the help!
Old 16 Jul 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Or... do I stay for 14 nights in the villa and just tag 3 nights onsite at the end saving more points? Thinking if I only did 3 nights then I would stay at either OKW or SSR as I think DS would be a good area to finish up the holiday. Would 3 nights in that area be enough though? Thanks for all the help!
Now that sounds like a plan to me. Villa and then 3 nights OKW, no doubt about it.

Then you can have a wander over to SSR and see what the parts of Congress Park that will have been renovated looks like. Plus you could ask DVC to show you a renovated room. They can do anything they want!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List