Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27 Feb 11, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jo_jo_1uk View Post
Fab pre-trippie I go on the 1st Oct and I'm waiting for the 200 day mark to start mine, although there has been times when I have almost relented he he.
It will also just be me and the OH he has been numerous times but it will be my first. I'm mega excited wheras he is a bit meh at the mo, I'm also the driving force behind all our planning, I book it and he just agrees and thats the way I like it
Can't wait to hear more from you, your excitment really comes through!
Oh and I too love your hair
Ooooh we'll be out there the same time then! Where are ya staying? Well done for holding out for 200 days I feel like that's a magical number, our countdown started at over 300 so it's been a fair slog! I just got a bit too excited one night and before I knew it I'd typed out the intro Def agree that the way forward is to be the planner with a laid back OH, bless him, he agrees with pretty much everything I say Not sure what I'd do if he, god forbid, wanted to plan! Thank you for the hair compliment Hope you enjoy the rest!
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 11, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TORIMS View Post
Hi Libby
Didn't know about the South Dibb Meet in July - where is it?
Vicki x
It's at Itchen Valley Country Park! If you have a little look in Chat and News theres a thread all about it we are just waiting to see whats happening with work etc and then hopefully we'll be able to attend Think theres gonna be a BBQ, raffle etc, will be funs!

Originally Posted by Derryfam View Post
Hi Libby

Love love loving your pre trip report! It's really good and I can see youliketo put pic's in like me! I haven't quite got the hang of it yet!

Me and hubby Ian are wanting to do a night or 2 on the tiles and I've seen good reviews about bahama breeze so were going go for a few 'margarita's! He he I said that in a very dodgy Spanish accent and Ian just looked at my like I'm mad! LOL

My daughter was looking over my shoulder and she said "look mummy it's Ariel! I'm sure you get that loads!

Well I'll be riding along with your journey with lots of excitement!

Take care
Hi Cath! Aww I'm loving your pre-trippie as you know, it's great to hear about all your plans That is SO CUTE what your DD said, bless her! I do get it a bit but obviously not as much as I'd like Ariel is my favourite character of all time although I didn't knowingly base my hair style around her, think it was a weird subconscious thing! Can't wait to meet her, I'll be star struck!

Yessssss I've heard great things about Bahama Breeze too, we're def planning a visit there. Dodgy Spanish accents are the best too A couple of cocktails down me and I'll almost definitely be cracking out the Carribbean accents/dancemoves Have you checked out the menu on the site!? Sounds SO GOOD. I love love love seafood so it sounds perfect to me Glad you're enjoying!
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 11, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Brody
Excited about Disney

Hi Libby, just found your pre-trippie and another one I have to subscribe to!

Love all your planning and look forward to reading more.

We have stayed in the Homewood Suites you have booked in 2009 and 2010 and we loved it. Great breakfast and the suites are fab and we never heard our neighbours, they were a family of four with two young boys in 2009 so you would imagine you would hear noise but not a sound which was great.

Never made it back for the Manager's specials but most of the food sounded lovely, housekeeping put the up to date menu on the front of your fridge. The fridge in the room is brill, really big with a good sized ice box. We used to freeze bottles of water and take them to the parks with us and they stayed really cold for ages.

Great location too, with fab restaurants so close by. I don't know if your hiring a car but if not there is a bus stop when you walk up to Int Drive from the hotel and the Lynx bus for Florida Mall stops there, No 42 and it's only $2.00 each way if my memory serves me correctly.

Looking forward to reading more of your plans.

Have a great week
Brody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 11, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Present Day!

So I think I’ve bought everyone up to date with our plans thus far…just a few more things to mention that I’ve done these past couple of months

1. Booked the Gatwick Travelodge for the night before our flight Was always planning to do this although Ben thought it wasn’t necessary, but then I explained that our flight was quite early at 11.20, we’d have to check in 3 hours before at 8, takes about two hours to get to Gatwick….so would be a pretty early morning! Wouldn’t be a huge deal but I told him how nice it would be to wake up knowing we were so close to the airport….and it would add an extra day to our holibobs So I booked a room in the sale, £19 woo! Bargain, think its about £3 each too for the shuttle to the airport. One of our parental units will drive us down the night before (they’re good like that ) after work, and we’ll be sorted. Might add the £6 meal deal onto our booking as that sounds pretty good as we won’t have a car to get anywhere. Or, I’m envisioning a few nice chilled goodies from M&S and some bubbly and a little picnic in our room! I’ll decide later.

2. Very exciting purchase was made today, our two park bonus Universal tickets! Did lots of scouring of websites to see who was doing the cheapest; prices ranged from about £94 to £82 on some decidedly dodgy looking sites! In the end we went for Travel Republic as we’d had good service from them with our Homewood booking and they were charging £85 booked it on Ben’s ever useful credit card for extra protection and hopefully these will arrive in the next week or so. How exciting!

3. Another VERY exciting event today (can you tell we were a bit bored!?) I amended our Disney booking! A couple of weeks ago I was browsing our spreadsheet and something just didn’t feel right: we had 9 nights on I-Drive and 6 nights at Disney which just didn’t seem right While there’s a lot we want to do in both areas, I think Disney has more. And c’mon…it’s Disney!

AND, as the spreadsheet currently stood, our first day in Disney was a Saturday but obviously I was keen to do MK that day, but the crowds were really putting me off. If we changed our booking and added an extra night, our first day would be Friday hopefully a quieter day! Ahhhhhh it was like fate. And, Ben had expressed interest in doing quite a few water parks as we are embarking on an epic weight loss journey (more on that later…) and I guess he wants to show off his hot new bod

We weren’t fussed on Aquatica so it was going to be Wet n Wild, but then I found out tickets were like £35! Madness! And the cost for an extra night at SSR was £130. So for an extra £65 each we’d get another night in Disney with another night of Dining Plan and we’d have an extra day to go to one or both of the Disney waterparks

Can you see how perfect this was shaping up to be!?

So today I plucked up the courage to ring Disney (I hate talking on the phone ) but was on hold for like 15 minutes! Seeing as I didn’t know how much it was costing me but suspected a lot, I decided to ring off and email them instead. So I emailed them the request to change our booking and said that I had rang but had been on hold a while.

Then about half 7 this evening, my phone rang and it was a lovely American lady on the other end apologising profusely about me having to wait and saying she would change my booking then and there! Bless her, she said she was so sorry for calling late but she had checked and there was availability for us to add a night to our booking and she didn’t want it to disappear if she waited til tomorrow! BLESS. So it was mega easy, she changed our booking and confirmed it all and the extra is added onto our balance that we have to pay in August Amazing service from Disney I thought I was so excited about being on the phone with an ACTUAL AMERICAN too, Ben said I went red in the face with excitement Just made it all seem a bit more real I think!

So those are 3 things we did recently! We’ve both got quite a bit of money in our Florida accounts but there isn’t really anything else I can book until I’ve absolutely finalised the spreadsheet

The next instalment will detail the things we are planning to book in the next couple of months
Old 27 Feb 11, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

oooh exciting week - you did loads! great read, thank you
Covid cancelled Aug 2020!
Back to NYC Dec 22
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 11, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jo_jo_1uk
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by oh_darling View Post
Ooooh we'll be out there the same time then! Where are ya staying? Well done for holding out for 200 days I feel like that's a magical number, our countdown started at over 300 so it's been a fair slog! I just got a bit too excited one night and before I knew it I'd typed out the intro Def agree that the way forward is to be the planner with a laid back OH, bless him, he agrees with pretty much everything I say Not sure what I'd do if he, god forbid, wanted to plan! Thank you for the hair compliment Hope you enjoy the rest!
Mine started at something daft like 447 days, I too feel like its a magic number lol although not as magic as 0 days :P Don't think mine would have the guts to disagree with me lol we are staying at the Four Points Studio City, my choice just changed my countdown as we have now decided to stay in a hotel the night before. We didn't really need to but it means the holiday starts sooner
Old 28 Feb 11, 03:43 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Really enjoyed reading your report so far. I'm looking forward to reading more too! We stayed in SSR in August and it was so amazing we've rebooked for this year. I can't wait. It felt very luxurious and the water slide is amazing!
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 11, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Derryfam
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi Libby

Lovin the update! you've had quite a busy weekeng! I bet you were like a jumping bean when the lady called you! i'd have wanted to go there and then!

I have looked at the menu for Bahama Breeze and like you i'm a seafood lover and it looks fab! I'd also take a sneaky peek at the cocktail menu as i think you and Ben will appreciate it! me an Ian are partial to a little tipple ourselves! well wouldn't be a holiday without an alcholic beverage or 2! he he

Take care an happy planning!
Derryfam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 11, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
kayald
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Loving your trip report - and your hair! We fly out on the 11th October, staying at vista cay so we are also waiting for the magical 199 days!
Old 28 Feb 11, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Hi Libby, just found your pre-trippie and another one I have to subscribe to!

Love all your planning and look forward to reading more.

We have stayed in the Homewood Suites you have booked in 2009 and 2010 and we loved it. Great breakfast and the suites are fab and we never heard our neighbours, they were a family of four with two young boys in 2009 so you would imagine you would hear noise but not a sound which was great.

Never made it back for the Manager's specials but most of the food sounded lovely, housekeeping put the up to date menu on the front of your fridge. The fridge in the room is brill, really big with a good sized ice box. We used to freeze bottles of water and take them to the parks with us and they stayed really cold for ages.

Great location too, with fab restaurants so close by. I don't know if your hiring a car but if not there is a bus stop when you walk up to Int Drive from the hotel and the Lynx bus for Florida Mall stops there, No 42 and it's only $2.00 each way if my memory serves me correctly.

Looking forward to reading more of your plans.

Have a great week
Hi Fiona! Wow thank you so much for all the info on Homewood, thats great! Fab tip about freezing the water bottles and I've noted down the deets about the Lynx busses, we are indeed not driving. Only I can drive and tbh I can barely drive over here, let alone on the other side of the road! And I like to have a drink with dins etc so wouldn't really be practical. Hopefully with a split stay we shouldn't find it too much of a problem Told Ben about the menus on the fridge and he LOVES that idea, how thoughtful of them! Oooohhh hearing all these good reviews makes me so pleased that we've chosen a good hotel! Can't wait to get there!
Closed Thread