Notices

Old 16 Apr 13, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
gingermoonman
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
Hi Katie , Great pre-trippie and a lovely introduction to your family. Lovely photo's and especially of the girls dancing, how talented!

You certainly sound very organised and know what you want to do. That's the beauty of a second trip, isn't it? Just a quick question, we have a TomTom, from where did you download the US maps and how much did they cost? Thanks.

Flights are a minefield arn't they, i have read other dibbers have got good prices flying indirect with the likes are Delta in peak season. Something i may have to start thinking about doing in the future to keep costs down, so will be interested to hear how you get on.

I will keep popping back to see how your getting on, how exciting Time will fly by with the help of the dibb, so for now i wish you happy planning! x

P.S We're just the other side of the tunnel, so it's Lakeside and Bluewater for us too x
Thanks Hayley

I agree the beauty of a second trip is you have more of an idea of what to do and not what to do

Neil got the US maps from Tom Tom as they where half price

Yes flights are our big worry, lots of people have managed to pick up good priced flights so fingers crossed we can

Should arrange a Dibb meet at Lakeside/Bluewater

Katie
gingermoonman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 13, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
gingermoonman
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by sarahewoods View Post
Hi there Katie, thank you for sharing your plans for your 2014 adventure. Love the video of your girls up on stage you must be so proud of them.

I must admit i laughed with hubby about the immigration offices and the passport

Looking forward to more updates, take care xx
Thanks Sarah

Yes we were very proud, one of the best highlights of the trip

I must commend you on your photo skills many a time Neil has been reading your trip report and asked me to come over and have a look at your photos, very talented

Katie

Edited at 12:53 PM.
gingermoonman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 13, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
gingermoonman
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by LaurenYorkshir View Post
those nails WOW ! I am a great lover of Disney nails and proudly sported some Minnie nails on my last trip so I think I might have to buy these and out them away for my trip !
Thanks Lauren

Our DD loved wearing them and I am going to by a couple of pairs to put away for when we go back

Katie
Old 16 Apr 13, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
gingermoonman
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Just a quick update, last week it was Katies birthday (21 again ) and we surprised her with a trip too Harry Potter World, I would like to start off by saying myself and the kids are not the biggest Harry Potter fans (the kids find the films a bit scary! ) but Katie loves them, here are some pics

Well we all loved it and we would highly recommend it, especially if you are a Harry Potter fan!
If you did already know you have too pre-book tickets which is a good thing as therefore it is never too busy! We got there for our time slot and proceeded to queue, you are then led into a cinema in small groups were you watch a short film and then the screen goes up and you are left with two big gold doors which then open and you are then in the grand hall which is very impressive, they give a little speech then you are aloud to walk the tour on your own at your own pace. They have got loads of displays, items videos etc to keep you going and I would say it would take about 3hrs too do it all at a nice pace. They do sell Butterbeer! but not the frozen one Its not quite Florida but still excellent
Katie managed to get a sorting hat which she loves and will be using it at the school she teaches at! The gift shop is massive and very expensive!

Neil

Edited at 12:55 PM.
Old 16 Apr 13, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

What a fab day ! I would love a visit to the studios and great for getting in the Florida mood ... I am dreaming of frozen butterbeer now mmmmm ( non frozen would do though) I bet the sorting hat goes down a treat in school !

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 13, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gingermoonman View Post
Thanks Hayley

I agree the beauty of a second trip is you have more of an idea of what to do and not what to do

Neil got the US maps from Tom Tom as they where half price

Yes flights are our big worry, lots of people have managed to pick up good priced flights so fingers crossed we can

Should arrange a Dibb meet at Lakeside/Bluewater

Katie
Thanks Katie, i've had a look on the TomTom website and i definitely think it will be cheaper buying the maps here than hiring a sat nav over there

The Harry Potter studio tour sounds like a great day out, i've only ever heard good reviews. My youngest 5yrs, loves the idea of Harry Potter but i've only let him watch the first film as they do get a bit dark. This year will be our first visit to the WWoHP, so really excited

A Dibb meet sounds on the cards x
Old 17 Apr 13, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
gingermoonman
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks Katie, i've had a look on the TomTom website and i definitely think it will be cheaper buying the maps here than hiring a sat nav over there
The best thing about having a Tom Tom here with US map on it is that you can save loads of favourites on it, the only down side is that you can only have US or UK maps on it at one time

Neil
Old 17 Apr 13, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gingermoonman View Post
The best thing about having a Tom Tom here with US map on it is that you can save loads of favourites on it, the only down side is that you can only have US or UK maps on it at one time

Neil
Hi Neil

Really ! Didn't know that, won't be able to do it until last minute than as my husband needs the TomTom for work. Did it take long to do? I'm contemplating the fact, whether it's feasible to just find your way around with a Mapman's Map and rely on roadsigns
Old 18 Apr 13, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
gingermoonman
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Hi Neil

Really ! Didn't know that, won't be able to do it until last minute than as my husband needs the TomTom for work. Did it take long to do? I'm contemplating the fact, whether it's feasible to just find your way around with a Mapman's Map and rely on roadsigns
Not sure if it is because my Tom Tom has not got a lot of memory? Mind you it is a newish one! It does not take long to do just need to hook it up to a computer and sync it
When we went in 2011 I hired one from ebay for about £30 I think and he put loads of parks etc onto it and the villa we where staying at, if you are interested I can try and did out info
I thought the same as you re Mapman etc but I have got to be honest I thought the sat nav was a godsend! Just takes away all the doubt!
Old 18 Apr 13, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Hiring one from ebay, i like the sound of that! If you could find out who you used that would be great, but please don't go to any trouble. I'll have a little look on ebay
I agree the sat nav will hopefully just relieve the stress of driving over there, as like most married couples we nearly get divorced when travelling anywhere in the car!