Notices

Old 1 Mar 14, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Look what's arrived today

Only ordered it from stationeryguru yesterday, so very impressed with the service

Gotta love a bit of neon

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 14, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
lauz
Imagineer

Hi there,

Loving the pre trippy, and nice to put a face to a name. Your plans sound great. Looking forward to reading more!
lauz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 14, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Hiya Vanessa,

Fab pre-trippie! Though what on earth is a robo fish?! Lol i thought it was a breed and then realised they didn't quite look real...

Crystal palace was soooo good when we went for breakfast, we absolutely loved it. Determined to try different things this time but will be gutted that we aren't going there!

Looking forward to more updates! xx

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 14, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by lauz View Post
Hi there,

Loving the pre trippy, and nice to put a face to a name. Your plans sound great. Looking forward to reading more!
Thanks Lauren Will have to speak to Steve at work as there are a few of us going in Aug/Sept - we could start a support group to make sure we don't forget anything

Originally Posted by Bobsledwheels View Post
Hiya Vanessa,

Fab pre-trippie! Though what on earth is a robo fish?! Lol i thought it was a breed and then realised they didn't quite look real...

Crystal palace was soooo good when we went for breakfast, we absolutely loved it. Determined to try different things this time but will be gutted that we aren't going there!

Looking forward to more updates! xx
Thanks Diane. The robo fish comment made me laugh The other day I was in pets at home looking at the plastic fish tank plants, like you do, when one of the staff came up and asked me what kind of fish I have I have to admit that I lied and said goldfish

You can get robo sharks now as well apparently

Am really looking forward to our Crystal Palace breakfast, so good to hear you enjoyed it.

Edited to say, on reading this back I sound really sad

Edited at 09:00 PM.
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 14, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Rollercolster View Post
Loving your plans ... looking forward to reading bout your adventures with the mouse !
Thankyou Col I will post some of our daily plans later. Starting to feel real now, and that it's actually going to be happening

Old 4 Mar 14, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Have been planning this holiday in my head for approx the last 2 and a half years (ie from when we returned from our 1st trip) so as you can imagine I already have a pretty good idea of what I (I mean we ) want to do. So this is the start of my current plan of when and where

Sun 17th Aug - travel up to Gatwick on the train, hopefully just changing at Reading (although at the moment just getting past Devon and still being on the train would be a miracle what with the tracks all washed away ). Do BA twilight check-in then go and check into the Premier Inn. After that catch the monorail back to the south side and eat at Giraffe. The plan is then for us all to be in bed and asleep by 9am, for a lovely restful night's sleep As if -the girls will just giggle and talk for about 5 hours as soon as the light is turned off, Rob will stress that the plane will crash, or that someone will at that precise moment be burgling our house, whereas I will maintain an aura of calm with all the chaos around me (ie I will be checking all the documents for the 50th time).

Mon 18th Aug - have leisurely breakfast at premier inn, and then amble across to check in. Flight doesn't leave until 1:50pm so we have a bit of time to kill. We are due to arrive at MCO at approx 6pm so hopefully immigration will be speedy. We are being picked up from the airport by "luxury shuttle", which is part of our Charter Travel booking. I have no idea what that means, but I think OH's image of a hummer limousine may not be quite what we get . This will then take us to HRH for check in to our pool view room - hurrah .From reading Libby's (Oh_Darling) report it looks like we can get takeaway pizza in the hotel to eat in the room, so will probably do this. Depends what time we actually arrive, as I have a feeling we may be a bit tired.

Tuesday 19th Aug - IOA and early entry to WWOHP. Cannot wait to go back there . I think I want us to get our bearings there before doing the new Diagon Alley/Hogwarts Express. I don't want to do them first and then be disappointed in any way by FJ, if you see what I mean. Have read the rumours that there may be delays with the new ride etc but I am going to be optimistic that it will be all up and running by August.

I love this photo, but they're probably gonna kill me for putting it on here

Wednesday 20th Aug - Seaworld. I think. I keep changing my mind but the rides do look amazing, and who knows if we as a family would ever get the chance to see most of the mammels and fish they have in the wild. I guess I do have to let Rob and the girls have a say in some of the decisions. So, for now, it stays on the plan.

Thursday 21st Aug - the big one - Universal and Diagon Alley. Whoop whoop

Friday 22nd Aug - Busch Gardens. Again this is a maybe. We really want to go, as the rides look amazing, and again there are all the animals. But as we have no car we will have to catch the shuttle. I'm a bit worried that if we get there and then the weather changes we could end up sat all day in the rain waiting for the shuttle to pick us up again. Now I like looking at giraffes, but 5 hours of them in a poncho (us, not the giraffes) may not be so good . I think we will just have to buy the 2 park ticket for SW and BG before we go, and then watch the Tampa weather report for the first few days and keep our fingers crossed.

Saturday 23rd Aug - check out of HRH. Spend the morning park hopping between Universal and IOA and then get a taxi to POFQ in the afternoon to check in. The plan then is to go to MK until approx 7:30pm. I have 'Ohana booked at 8:05pm which will hopefully allow us to catch the water pageant and watch Wishes on the beach (building work permitting). So excited to be going back to POFQ.

I think that will do for today

Edited at 08:47 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 8 Mar 14, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
So when I left you we had arrived at Disney.

Sunday 24th Aug - Hollywood Studios for the day with Fantasmic in the evening.

Monday 25th Aug - Animal Kingdom for morning/afternoon. it's EMH so will get there early. Planning on Yak & Yeti for lunch. Then Epcot in the evening for IllumiNations as we never got to see that last time

Tuesday 26th Aug - Epcot as EMHs. Georgina would like to visit at least one shopping mall while we are there so will probably do that in the afternoon. Also would like to do the horse & carriage ride around POFQ so maybe that and a swim in the hotel pool in the evening.

Wednesday 27th Aug - Magic Kingdom for the day. We have our ADR booked for 8:40am for Crystal Palace so looking forward to getting into the park early to take some photos. Am hoping we can do the whole day here and stay for the parade and Wishes.

Thursday 28th Aug - Blizzard Beach/Animal Kingdom and then Downtown Disney in the evening. We preferred BB to Typhoon Lagoon so have decided to just do the 1 waterpark.

Friday 29th Aug - Hollywood Studios in morning & afternoon, and Magic Kingdom in the evening possibly. This is where I have all fingers and toes crossed as there is a rumour that this may be the 1st night of MNSSHP as the park is closing at 7pm. How exciting is that? With both girls being in secondary school, it will be years before we will be able to go over the hallowe'en/Christmas period, so would be fab if we get the chance to at least do the Hallowe'en party. I've told Rob about it (although he does not get in the slightest how massive this is ) but I'm not saying anything to the girls just in case it doesn't happen. And if it does then I think it would be good to keep it as a surprise until we are there. So roll on end of April/beginning of May when they announce the dates.

Saturday 30th Aug - EMH at Hollywood Studios then early afternoon catch the boat to Epcot. Thought we could visit Beaches & cream whilst we are at the boardwalk and maybe have a yummy ice cream dessert

Sunday 31st Aug - our last full day. Planning to do Magic Kingdom in the morning and try and get a fastpass lunch booking for Be our Guest. No plans for the rest of the day.

Monday 1st Sept - no plans other than check out of POFQ and catch Magical Express to MCO for our flight at 5:35pm.

Tuesday 2nd Sept - due to arrive back at Gatwick at 6:50am. Try and get as early as possible train back to Cornwall

So that's my plan at the moment. But I'm sure it will change many times before we get there.

See post 70 for update - some "tweaking" due to park hour changes

Edited at 07:18 PM.
Old 11 Mar 14, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Just realised we have our one night stay at Universal when you are staying there.

I shall look out for you in the crowds, lol!

The plan is coming together nicely
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 14, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
Just realised we have our one night stay at Universal when you are staying there.

I shall look out for you in the crowds, lol!

The plan is coming together nicely
There seems to quite a few dibbers at Universal around the same time. Will have to study everyone's pre- trippies before I go to make sure I recognise everyone

Thanks for reading

Old 13 Mar 14, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
I hope you do get to go to MNSSHP! Have you looked at the last few years of dates? They tend to be quite similar

Fab day plans as well - very organised! I really need to get on with some planning haha! xx

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List