Notices

Old 6 May 14, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bobsledwheels View Post
I can't believe I've missed all this - how have I not noticed you've booked a WDW trip?!

Made me chuckle massively that we will be there the same time (again!) and both had to convince the other halves (again! )

Might see you on the 5th and 6th we've got similar plans!

Looking forward to more xx
Can't believe I've just seen your comment! That's so funny we are going at the same time! I bet we will bump into each other this time despite the parks being soo much bigger.

Haha I bet you had an easier time convincing your OH than me.

I am hoping to get our ADRs booked this week and will need to do a proper update then!

Gemma xx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 14, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
'Not as cute'

Are you planning on children?
My husband gets grouchy if he isn't fed so I know the feeling there a little bit! In our plan I have definitely made room for food!

Our updated plans are here if you'd like to take a look (If this link works)

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/plan...a=view&p=33005
xx
Glad to know its not just my boyfriend that needs fed at regular intervals I could just happily live off snacks.

Can't believe how much our plans keep missing each other! I noticed you have a breakfast ADR on the 17th at !magic Kingdom. That's my birthday so we will be making it for Rope Drop that day hopefully we might be able to say hi then

Sadly no don't think there will be any plans for kids with us Maurice is a lot older so think it will just not be. I am trying to talk him in to a puppy though hehe!

Gemma xx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 14, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

ADR and Food time! Part 1

Hi Guys ,

So from the outset I am just going to say this update is not going to be as good as it should have been, because after typing up nearly 4 pages my computer just decided to close everything and restart. I could possible cry because despite thinking I should save this soon I didn’t! Anyway…..

So it’s been a little while since I updated and what better time to update than ADR Days:

Since we will not be staying onsite and do not have the luxury of the DDP we will only be doing a few Disney ADRs this did start as none but obviously that wasn’t going to last. So let me take you through my list of Disney ADRs.

1. Crystal Palace Breakfast, this is a new one for me and originally I wasn’t too fussed. But after reading lots of trip reports and seeing all the fantastic photos of the quiet main street I knew I had to book it. So this will be breakfast on our first full day. If anyone has read my other trip report you will know that Maurice is not a big character fan at all so this was a bit tricky getting him to agree to this one. Luckily he has decided just to do it and see it as a bit of fun and a new experience. Whatever you say buster I want Mickey Waffles and Pooh cuddles! – Successfully booked for 8:25am breakfast slot, I was hoping for earlier but this will do!

2. Wishes Dessert Party, I am super excited about this one. I love dessert so the idea of a big all you can eat dessert buffet is just too good to pass up. Maurice wasn’t too fussed about this one as he isn’t really a pudding person (I know the man isn’t into Disney or Pudding but apart from that he is ok!) but he loved the idea of no crowds and having a seat, so it’s on the list! – Successfully booked this for 8:10pm I assume it’s just a set time for everyone!

3. Beaches and Cream, this looks so amazing and is all the reasons I love Disney the detailed theming and styles. It’s just my favourite thing. I am not a big coaster fan and the whole reason I love Disney is the characters and just feel of the place so I am loving the look of this place. Also I totally can’t make my mind up yet about what Ice Cream I will get but I will be getting something even if I have to just make my lunch a tiny side dish to fit it in.

4. Yak and Yeti another new one for me. I hadn’t heard of this place until joining the Dibb and the nice change of food (away from burgers etc) makes this one a definite must do. I was originally thinking we would just grab a counter service from here but Maurice likes the idea of having a proper booked table to have a sit down and relax for a bit.

5. Sci Fi Dine in Theatre now I know this one gets mixed reviews but it’s a firm favourite of mine. Way back in 1998 when I first visited the magic with my family we had lunch here on our MGM day (<- note I said MGM none of this Hollywood Studios nonsense). We all loved it and were in awe of the theming, we went back again in 2003 and visited again and still loved it. So for memories sake we will be having lunch here, Maurice thought the theming and design of the place was amazing so he was happy to go along with this one also.

6. Liberty Tree Tavern this is our MVMCP dinner choice, after asking lots of questions on the Dibb we have settled on this one (thanks Geoffa). It serves family style thanksgiving dinner which just seems perfect for before a Christmas party. I am really hoping we get this one but I imagine lots of other party people will have the same idea so I will need to be quick on my ADR day.

7. California Grill this will be my birthday dinner choice. I am soo lucky to be having my birthday while we are at Disney. Since it is my 30th Maurice wanted to do something special (hence the holiday) and I couldn’t think of anywhere more perfect than here for dinner. I am really hoping for a table by the window then can’t wait to see the fireworks from the balcony although I imagine it will be pretty chilly up there in November. I have already been pouring over the menu and think it’s the fillet steak and risotto for me as they are two of my favourite things. But no doubt I will have a few changes over the next 6 months hehe.

Hopefully this will be us looking all loved up watching the fireworks!

8. Chef Mickey’s this will be our last ADR of the trip and it will be our Breakfast/Brunch on our last day. Some of you may notice this will then be Maurice’s second character breakfast but since it’s my birthday (kinda it’s the day after) he seemed up for going. This is another one that I remember seeing out of the window of the monorail when I was in Disney with my family so I can’t wait to finally eat here.

So that is my Disney ADR list, as you can see there isn’t loads but I think there is a nice mix of things and enough for me to get my Disney Dinning fix without driving Maurice insane.

Now for those of you who have made it this far well done! You are going to be rewarded with more ramblings and food chat in the next post ...
Old 9 May 14, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

ADR and Food Time! Part 2

Continued from above….

For Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure we have our Table Service restaurants already picked out as well. I think you can book these but will need to look into this more to find out exactly when. Anyway on with my list:

1. Mythos now this seemed like an easy decision, it looks cool gets great reviews for food but then there was the Three Broomsticks which despite being just kinda regular British food it had all its amazing Harry Potter Theming! But after showing both of them to Maurice to get his opinion he opted for Mythos and I am more than happy to go along with that. If he expresses an opinion one way or the other I tend to just go for it makes him feel like he has some control.

2. Bubba Gumps this will be our first dinner over at Universal. Now I have to confess I have never been to City walk (actually I have never been to Down Town Disney either) so I am really excited about eating here. We are both massive shrimp fans and Maurice was loving the look of the menu and he likes doing Forrest Gump impersonations oh and I like the look of the Cocktail menu so it’s a Win Win (and Win) really.

3. Simpsons Fast Food Boulevard ok so I know this isn’t a Table Service place but it’s my other main choice for eating at Universal. Again I am just a sucker for a bit of theming and after watching all the You Tube videos showing this part I can’t wait to visit it. So far I have decided I want a Flaming Moe and a Lard Lad Donut but sadly that doesn’t make up a lunch. But I imagine I will be able to find something from all the counters in here.

4. Margarittaville another CityWalk choice, now I won’t lie I may have picked this place purely on the promise of getting a Booze in the Blender Cocktail! But after dragging myself away from the cocktail menu and looking at the food it does seem good and will make for another fun meal out. I just realised this reads like poor Maurice is being dragged between restaurants to tolerate my cocktail menu crawl but honestly its not that bad.

So that’s it for our sit down meals at Universal and Islands of Adventure. If you are still with me I think its time for all the very exciting offsite eateries. Since we will be having breakfast every day in the hotel (apart from our two character breakfasts, and maybe a third if I end up going for a universal breakfast) our only offsite meals will be for lunches and dinners. But don’t worry there is still a sizeable list of sit down restaurants for me to bore you all with. Oh and as a pre warning there is still counter service and snack lists to come.

1. Outback Steakhouse ah the famous blooming onion, I can’t believe how few of these places I had even heard of until I joined the Dibb (did I mention how much I love this site! )

2. Bahama Breeze seems to be a dibbers favourite and it’s all the great reviews on here that has convinced me to make sure we get here. I think there is one that people recommend more than others does anyone know which that is? The Lobster and Shrimp Quesadilla look amazing but I actually think if I have them as an appetiser I wont be having a main.

3. Mannys Original Chop House I know this one is a bit out of the way but having a look on Google Maps it seems like a good plan to go there after our day at Kennedy Space Centre. It will be a Saturday night so I imagine its going to be super busy. But it’s nearly an hour and a half drive from KSC to Mannys so my plan is phoning as soon as we leave and hopefully that might chop (get it) an hour off our actual wait time (I hope)! If anyone has any experience of doing this your help would be greatly appreciated.

4. Cheesecake Factory this will be on our shopping day, I have basically been trying to get a meal at the Cheesecake Factory since about 2003! When I went with my family they all grabbed food in the food court of the mall so missed out then. In 2009 in Las Vegas I wanted to go every day but my then partner kept changing the plans for the day then in San Francisco the same thing happened. We have been kept apart for so long that this year is the year I will finally get dinner there. Also turns out Maurice loved the last dinner he had there so he is super excited.

5. Millers Ale House, i actually cant find any pictures i like of this one so it might be going on my maybe pile until i do a bit more research!

6. Longhorn Steakhouse JoJo88 this one is now firmly on our list after I had been reading about your dinner there. I then showed Maurice the picture of your mums steak and lobster plate along with the ridiculously cheap price tag and I have to say for the first time in this whole planning he looked truly excited. What then followed from his little lit up face was “are we going there?” so thank you for finally making a grumpy old man realise this holiday might be not to bad. So I think we are both looking forward to these:

7. Olive Garden is one that I think I’ve heard of on so many America TV shows and I never really realised it was real until joining the Dibb, weird I know! Anyway the food looks amazing and Maurice is a big pasta lover so this had to make it on to the list.

8. Sweet Tomatoes is a bit of a random one, I can’t remember whose trip report it was but I remember reading a review of this and it just looked fantastic everything was so fresh and tasty looking and healthy. I have thought that this would be a good dinner option after a burger and fries day in the park I think it will just be what we are after and I love a good buffet place.

At the moment that is all the sit down offsite restaurants that I can fit in. But I still have a couple of counter service places that I am aiming to some how fit in. Maurice has already said he is fearful of coming home a stone heavier. He is normally so very healthy and really only has 3 very balanced meals each day, were as I could live off lots of yummy snacks and various food choices.

Anyway the only real counter services places we will be aiming to eat at are:

1. Five Guys is one I have heard lots of people mention on here, I wasn’t originally planning on eating at any of the food courts instead thinking that we would book lunch for elsewhere. But after reading about and realising how fun America food courts always are I completely changed my mind. Actually that reminds me Maurice doesn’t no about this wild change but I am sure he will be happy he will get his Taco Bell (see number 3).

Is it just me that thinks their squished ugly look is what makes them look even tastier?

2. Dairy Queen (purely for the milkshakes) big thank you to Libby (oh_darling) for the tip in her trip report about getting Milkshakes here and burgers at Five Guys totally stealing that plan!

3. Taco Bell, this is my healthy good living boys dirty shameful secret he loves Taco Bell haha. I have actually never had a Taco Bell so I will be aiming to get something from here but I will probably also get a Five Guys oh the choices its so hard.

4. We will also be having a counter service meal at Seaworld but I haven’t yet picked which one. I actually think this might just be decided on the day as I have decided not to go with one of the fancy sit down places. Actually has anyone ever done the all day dinning I was wondering if it would be worth it? We will have breakfast in the room and then dinner out so will really only be there for snacks and lunch.

5. Kennedy Space Centre will also be some counter service treats, I think we will probably opt for the one Lardzilla and his family ate at as you get to eat next to the rocket so that seems like a winner.

6. The only other counter service plans we have is on our second full holiday day. We are going to Epcot and I quizzed Maurice as to whether or not he would like a booked restaurant or would he be happy to snack around the world instead. Now you probably already know I am all in the snacking camp and Maurice isn’t. But weirdly he was totally up for it, we will also be there during F&W festival so I am hoping that enough little snacks will be available without to many giant queues and we will be able to really enjoy it. I am super excited about doing this and if anyone has a snack around the world challenge list then please send it on as it would be a great starting point.

So this is all my ADRs, non Disney ADRs, planned table service restaurant choices and counter service ideas. As always if any one has any comments or suggestions just let me know I am always up for some advice from the more experienced Disney goers out there.

I will be keeping this updated as and when I get things booked and what times I managed to get booked for.

Next up will be my giant snack list; since I am currently building up a cocktail list as well I might need to do this in two parts. I can’t believe how many times I’ve written cocktails as a reason to eat in certain places. I never ever drink alcohol at home but pretty coloured cocktails just keep drawing me in!

Thank you to anyone who stuck with this and read it all you totally deserve a medal. See ya real soon . I am off to settle down for a night in since my lovely Maurice is off to Aberdeen for a posh work dinner and then an over night stay with his parents. My evening however looks like this and I am so excited:

Gemma xxxx
Old 9 May 14, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Great ADR's! I hope you get everything that you want! We can make ours in 5 days! EEK!

I hope you have a fun night too! I LOVE Frozen! xx
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 14, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
Great ADR's! I hope you get everything that you want! We can make ours in 5 days! EEK!

I hope you have a fun night too! I LOVE Frozen! xx
Oh 5 days so exciting, at least you will get to make loads at once since you are staying onsite i have to do them one day at a time it is super nerve wracking hehe!

Not long until your penguin booking day either!

I know Frozen is amazing and the best part is no boy in the house so i can sing along

xx
Old 9 May 14, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Hi Gemma

I promised I'd pop over and catch up, so here I am

It's great to put faces to names, and I love how Maurice succumbed to Florida because he wanted to do something special for your birthday.

I've heard good things about Grande Villas, a friend recommended it to me when I was looking for somewhere for the end of our holiday, I'm not sure why we didn't go for it in the end!

I love how you say it's a 'once in a lifetime' thing. Hahahahaha! You have been warned

You'll love November, it's my favourite time to go, Christmas + Disney = Perfection In fact, you're going at pretty much the same time we did last year, and in 2009. Good choice

8.05am ADR at Crystal Palace sounds good too - another tradition of ours

You'll love Celebration, MVMCP and Rope Drop at MK, these are all little things I picked up from the Dibb and would probably never have known about if it wasn't for this place! And to spend your birthday Eve at MVMCP will be really lovely too.

We haven't done a lot of on-site dining, just breakfast, T Rex & Rainforest Café, but your off-site choices are spot on. Our favourites include Longhorns (as you know ), Manny's, Bahama Breeze, Sweet Tomatoes, Outback, and you'll be seeing them pop up on a trippy near you very soon! (Unless you read the old report, in which case you can see them now, hahahaha! )

Anyway, happy to have helped convince Maurice he might have a nice time

Enjoy your evening!
Jo x
P.S. I don't think I've used enough emojis, here have some more
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 14, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Hi Gemma

I promised I'd pop over and catch up, so here I am

It's great to put faces to names, and I love how Maurice succumbed to Florida because he wanted to do something special for your birthday.

I've heard good things about Grande Villas, a friend recommended it to me when I was looking for somewhere for the end of our holiday, I'm not sure why we didn't go for it in the end!

I love how you say it's a 'once in a lifetime' thing. Hahahahaha! You have been warned

You'll love November, it's my favourite time to go, Christmas + Disney = Perfection In fact, you're going at pretty much the same time we did last year, and in 2009. Good choice

8.05am ADR at Crystal Palace sounds good too - another tradition of ours

You'll love Celebration, MVMCP and Rope Drop at MK, these are all little things I picked up from the Dibb and would probably never have known about if it wasn't for this place! And to spend your birthday Eve at MVMCP will be really lovely too.

We haven't done a lot of on-site dining, just breakfast, T Rex & Rainforest Café, but your off-site choices are spot on. Our favourites include Longhorns (as you know ), Manny's, Bahama Breeze, Sweet Tomatoes, Outback, and you'll be seeing them pop up on a trippy near you very soon! (Unless you read the old report, in which case you can see them now, hahahaha! )

Anyway, happy to have helped convince Maurice he might have a nice time

Enjoy your evening!
Jo x
P.S. I don't think I've used enough emojis, here have some more
Hi Jo

Thank you so much for reading, glad to hear of someone who has heard of the Grande Villas was starting to worry I would turn up and it would just be a car park.

Oh if it was down to me it would be a once every year thing but not Maurice

I will definitely be keeping a look out for your next days, that's why I love trip reports its like super detailed reviews of restaurants I love it!

I hadn't realised it was November you guys had been that is good to know your weather seems really nice in all your trip reports. I was worried that it might never be warm but seems like a nice mix

Loving all the emoji's

Gemma xx

P.s. I actually just tried to reply with some extra emoji's and I was over my picture posting limit haha!
Old 9 May 14, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
kblackman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds fantastic another November pal xx

December 2020- Our First trip to Disneyland Paris
November 2018- Archies First Trip to Disneyworld
November 2014- Our Magical Wedding and Disneymoon
kblackman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 14, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kblackman View Post
Sounds fantastic another November pal xx
Thanks for reading!

The November group is really growing its very exciting xx