Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 28 Nov 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

A few questions regarding 2 bookings in the same name...

My parents can't afford to stay onsite next year so we are going to book a 1 bedroom at Riviera for them. The reason being is because we currently have a studio booked at Riviera through WDTC with DDP and $300 gift card etc. So what we have done is added them to our WDTC booking so that they get the free DDP otherwise we won't be able to eat together as they can't afford to pay for it.

If we book the 1 bedroom using all of our names will that be a problem? We will have the studio & 1 bedroom in all of our names under 2 separate reservations. Has anyone done something similar? Just worrying that there may be questions at check-in. If there are, then we will just say that we wanted to guarantee them a room but in the meantime the 1 bedroom DVC availability came up so booked that and didn't amend the names. I can't think why they would have a problem with this as a booking is a booking at the end of the day.

Also, how can we link the 2 reservations if they are separate companies? We would want the studio and 1 bed together to create a 2 bed lock-off.

Thanks for the help!

Edited at 09:59 PM.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I doubt it will make any difference. Say you are sharing the rooms if they ask, because some days kids will stay with grandparents and maybe move into 1 bed and you swap etc. I doubt they will even ask.
Old 29 Nov 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I doubt it will make any difference. Say you are sharing the rooms if they ask, because some days kids will stay with grandparents and maybe move into 1 bed and you swap etc. I doubt they will even ask.
Thanks YT, just hoping I can book a 1 bed at 7 months! I know they're the least popular but it's a new resort so time will tell.

Any idea how I link the bookings? Is this something DVC would do or would I call guest services? Never done this before.
Old 29 Nov 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes we've done this - had 5 people in a room at Poly for the free DDP and then booked a DVC studio separately.

We had to jiggle the magic bands around slightly, I think for ease we gave my in-laws one of our old bands to open their door (DVC) and we all had our own new bands linked to the free DDP room (hotel). I guess this could be resolved by adding your parents names to the DVC booking too, so everyone assigned to the DVC room would have 2 new bands.

We didnt face any problems relating to this at check in, but we were using the concierge as our hotel room was club level - they very kindly checked us into DVC at the same time. We had planned to check in to the two separately though to avoid confusion.

I linked both rooms on MDE - edited to add, we didn't need to make room requests due to Poly layout so not sure whether this request would work...are they keeping the hotel and DVC separate? x

Edited at 03:27 PM.
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Thanks for your reply.

I will put all 5 of our names on each booking so that we all have 2 MB's. Thanks for noting that I can link the reservations on MDE, not sure why I didn't think of that

Hoping that they will put us in connecting rooms!

Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
Yes we've done this - had 5 people in a room at Poly for the free DDP and then booked a DVC studio separately.

We had to jiggle the magic bands around slightly, I think for ease we gave my in-laws one of our old bands to open their door (DVC) and we all had our own new bands linked to the free DDP room (hotel). I guess this could be resolved by adding your parents names to the DVC booking too, so everyone assigned to the DVC room would have 2 new bands.

We didnt face any problems relating to this at check in, but we were using the concierge as our hotel room was club level - they very kindly checked us into DVC at the same time. We had planned to check in to the two separately though to avoid confusion.

I linked both rooms on MDE - edited to add, we didn't need to make room requests due to Poly layout so not sure whether this request would work...are they keeping the hotel and DVC separate? x

Edited at 04:05 PM.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like a lovely trip. I’d feel more confident in their ability to give you connecting rooms if you checked in earlier rather than later - if you were on a U.K. flight arriving in the evening there would be less flexibility left to reallocate rooms that had yet to be checked into. Not saying there won’t be any, just the possibility gets less the later in the day you get.
Old 29 Nov 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

When are you going? Riviera 1 bed preferred view is usually pretty easy to get, but very points heavy. Standard, at least until inventory is more declared goes quickly so have it all lined up ready to press book at 1pm. I was too slow at Xmas and just missed it, and preferred was too points intensive, so went for Beach Club instead.
Old 29 Nov 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

When are you going? Riviera 1 bed preferred view is usually pretty easy to get, but very points heavy. Standard, at least until inventory is more declared goes quickly so have it all lined up ready to press book at 1pm. I was too slow at Xmas and just missed it, and preferred was too points intensive, so went for Beach Club instead.
We’re going in September so I can’t book until February. Hoping more inventory gets released but 7 month availability at the moment looks good 🤞🏼
Old 30 Nov 19, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
We’re going in September so I can’t book until February. Hoping more inventory gets released but 7 month availability at the moment looks good 🤞🏼
If it’s early September you may get standard.
Old 29 Nov 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

For location Beach Club massively wins over Riviera at that time of year anyway!

We’ve not been at Christmas since 2016/17 but it’s always so busy, and that was before the parks started getting so busy out of peak period. We only had one park day in mid November (2019) but it was more busy than I’d expected. So my guess is Christmas this year proportionately more busier than I’ve seen (based on four Xmases since 2010).
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List