Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 14 Jan 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Thats annoying 😏 I was the same up until yesterday. I wouldn't be walking if it wasn't for other walkers and added to the fact it's CCV and so hard to get normally let alone at Christmas!

Are you trying again this year or do you not plan to go at that time again?
Agree with you totally (and what I should have said and didnt - my utter bad - is well done to you for getting what you wanted!

We probably wont go at Christmas now as our kids are adults but the years I tried and failed were 2013 and 2017 - no idea if it would be easier or more tricky at the moment! I was trying to say that even in a normal year I couldnt get an SV studio at 11 months. Every other room type was fine
Old 15 Jan 21, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Agree with you totally (and what I should have said and didnt - my utter bad - is well done to you for getting what you wanted!

We probably wont go at Christmas now as our kids are adults but the years I tried and failed were 2013 and 2017 - no idea if it would be easier or more tricky at the moment! I was trying to say that even in a normal year I couldnt get an SV studio at 11 months. Every other room type was fine
Thank you! I still cant quite believe it to be honest. Id resigned myself to the fact that we wouldnt be able to go at Christmas. Im sure Ill regret it when were there as I know it will be super busy & well probably vow to never go at that time of year again 😂
Old 16 Jan 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Ah ok! Didn't realise you're trying to book a 1 bed. Those I believe are the easiest villas to bag so fingers crossed you'll be ok!
Hi,

Managed to book a standard 1 bed today from 16/12/21 for 7 nights so fingers crossed every day at 1pm prompt I can carry on walking it through

Thanks for all your help, I'll keep you updated!

Stacey
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by stace View Post
Hi,

Managed to book a standard 1 bed today from 16/12/21 for 7 nights so fingers crossed every day at 1pm prompt I can carry on walking it through

Thanks for all your help, I'll keep you updated!

Stacey
Ah yay! Thats amazing, well done! 🤗👏🏼
Old 27 Jan 21, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Hi all,

Just an update, managed to get all the dates i wanted for BLT 1bed sv from 24 Dec - 1 Jan.

On every day at 12:30 to make sure i was logged in and kept refreshing screen till it got to 1pm - my hands were going all clammy i was that nervous about it ha!

Also anyone who followed my other thread re needing the 1 extra point to be borrowed, I asked for a supervisor call back on live chat and she agreed to let me borrow 1 extra point from next year to be able to complete the reservation!

I had also complained regarding 1 point that was stuck in my 2019 use year from 3 cancelled trips last year and they eventually agreed to move this point also for me so i could complete my booking.

I don't like complaining and when i do I am nice but it does annoy me the fact that I have to complain to be able for them to sort it out for something which is out of my control and that is a reasonable request.

Just flights to negotiate now - praying i can get some reasonable prices

Thanks for everyones tips and advise

stace
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillylulu
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Its our first year at Christmas we are going 15 th dec - 8 th January , breaking it up with a cruise in the middle 23 rd - 3 rd jan .
Its a nightmare getting anything at VGF even at 11 months .Im checking every day at every hour and booking whatever comes available , so far I have 5 nights 17th - 22nd in a 2 bed ,1 bed and studio . Im hoping from 3 rd jan rooms might be easier to book .
What peoples experience of swapping at 7 months week leading up to Christmas?
Lillylulu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
I'm struggling with VGF too... Checked other resorts and they have availability so am trying not to panic as hopefully will get something at 7m. Think everyone wants New Years Eve there this year! I'm waitlisted so will see what happens...
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by stace View Post
Hi all,

Just an update, managed to get all the dates i wanted for BLT 1bed sv from 24 Dec - 1 Jan.

On every day at 12:30 to make sure i was logged in and kept refreshing screen till it got to 1pm - my hands were going all clammy i was that nervous about it ha!

Also anyone who followed my other thread re needing the 1 extra point to be borrowed, I asked for a supervisor call back on live chat and she agreed to let me borrow 1 extra point from next year to be able to complete the reservation!

I had also complained regarding 1 point that was stuck in my 2019 use year from 3 cancelled trips last year and they eventually agreed to move this point also for me so i could complete my booking.

I don't like complaining and when i do I am nice but it does annoy me the fact that I have to complain to be able for them to sort it out for something which is out of my control and that is a reasonable request.

Just flights to negotiate now - praying i can get some reasonable prices

Thanks for everyones tips and advise

stace
Excellent news! Pleased you got what you wanted! I managed to get both studios (my parents are travelling with us) We go Dec 19th - Jan 2nd.

Lets just hope we can go now otherwise all this panic would have been for nothing!
Old 27 Jan 21, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lillylulu View Post
Its our first year at Christmas we are going 15 th dec - 8 th January , breaking it up with a cruise in the middle 23 rd - 3 rd jan .
Its a nightmare getting anything at VGF even at 11 months .Im checking every day at every hour and booking whatever comes available , so far I have 5 nights 17th - 22nd in a 2 bed ,1 bed and studio . Im hoping from 3 rd jan rooms might be easier to book .
What peoples experience of swapping at 7 months week leading up to Christmas?
Are you trying to book what you want at exactly 1pm?
Old 27 Jan 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillylulu
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Are you trying to book what you want at exactly 1pm?
Yes dead on 1 pm . Im not panicking about after the cruise
3 rd - 8 th jan Im sure I will get something for those dates its just the 15 th - 22 nd dec is booked up. Really dont want to pay out all those points for the 1 and 2 bedrooms Ive booked as its only 3 of us , but dare not give them up in case nothing else comes up
Lillylulu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List