Notices

Old 6 Sep 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I must applaud you for still not having it booked 3 weeks out I would be having palpitations I'm too much of a planner and like to know things are in place.

Either way whatever you book Its just a room for the night and your going to DISNEY 😁 xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 18, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I must applaud you for still not having it booked 3 weeks out I would be having palpitations I'm too much of a planner and like to know things are in place.

Either way whatever you book Its just a room for the night and your going to DISNEY 😁 xx
I do have the Ibis booked as a backup option, but I am determined to decide today or tomorrow!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you so much for all your lovely helpful advice about hotels.

I am so terrible at making decisions it has taken me until now to decide!

Despite the fact that it looks like council offices/a prison, I have booked Santa Fe. Below is the incredibly unflattering photo I found in the gallery on the DLP website.

I really want the Express Luggage transfer so I can head straight into the parks when I arrive at 17:07, and Santa Fe was the most cost effective way of doing this, with it being the cheapest of the on-site hotels.

However, despite it being booked, I am still not 100% convinced as I think the bar looks a bit like the room you have party tea in when at a soft play area.

I stayed at Newport Bay when I visited with friends 10 years ago, and although it has since been refurbished, I’d rather stay somewhere new.

Plus I know that Chris would LOVE Newport Bay (he likes the Boardwalk area at WDW, particularly Yacht & Beach Club) so it maybe this is the hotel I use to make him come to DLP.

After reading the Glowtini Girls DLP trip report, I am a little bit in love with the Golden Forest lounge at Sequoia Lodge, and I like the look of their bar area… but I think this is one I will save for when I manage to drag Chris along with me as I think he would like it.

New York was my dream hotel at DLP when I was younger and it first opened as it had an artists impression picture of people ice skating on the pool out the front in the brochure. 8 or 9 year old me thought that looked amazing. Now though, I have read that it is looking very tired, is undergoing renovation and has some sort of Marvel theme going on as a place holder… so I think I’ll wait until it is finished.

I sadly have not won the lottery so that counts the Disneyland Hotel out of the equation.

I am eyeing up Cheyenne though, the more I look at the cowboy themed rooms, the more I like them. Plus the lobby and bar area look really cool.

Chris doesn’t like the Value hotels and probably wouldn’t agree to Cheyenne/Santa Fe if we were going… and if I was trying to convince him that DLP is good, then I’d want him in a hotel he would like.

So, long and rambling story short, I have booked Santa Fe but am thinking about calling up and switching to Cheyenne.

Otherwise not much to update, I am not doing Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show as I think I would feel a bit off going alone, and I’m not planning on any table service meals for the same reason. Even though a few of the buffets appealed I’d worry about leaving my stuff while going up to the buffet so Quick Service it is.
I heard there’s some good options in Disney Village – Vapiano, 5 Guys and Earl of Sandwich (which I have never tried – bad Dibber!), so there are those options, plus Toad Hall, Bella Notte and some others in the parks that sound good too. Any suggestions or tips gratefully received – similarly, let me know if there’s anywhere I should avoid like the plague – does the ‘never eat in Tomorrowland’ rule also apply to Discoveryland at DLP?

There there's this...

Le Rendez-Vous Gourmand Food Festival is happening at the Studios Park while I am there, so I may well just end up popping into the studios and eating there as it sounds yummy…
(photos from TravelToTheMagic.net as I haven’t been yet!)

Pretzels, Brioche Cake and Roast Pork En Croute from the Alsace booth… Brioche Cake is an acceptable breakfast? Right? It looks so good!

Snail Vol-au-Vents and Beef Bourguignon from Borgogne. I have had snails before when in France for work and quite liked them – though that may have been the garlic butter that they were swimming in! I think the Beef Bourguignon looks good too and would be tempted to give both of these a try.

Bordeaux has Duck Cottage Pie. Now I HATE cottage pie, but I think I might give this a try as I like duck and it might be different enough to regular cottage pie for me to like it. We shall see… this is on the ‘B’ list, as there’s lots of other yummy options that I would rather try than cottage pie.

Cheese time! Savoie has Raclette baguette and Tartiflette, both of which I intend to try, and melty cheese is ALWAYS a winner in my book! However, I'm not a huge fan of onions, which is a main ingredient of Tartiflette, so we may have to see on that one.

There’s booths for outside of France too, including Spain and Italy… so I will certainly be sampling their wares and the wines on offer too. Now I’m thinking about it, I may create a list of what I want to try so I am not overwhelmed when I get there, plus it will help if it is busy. Stay tuned!

Excitingly, I’m still seeing Disneyland Paris 25th Anniversary ads on the TV, so I’m hoping the celebrations will still be on when I am there. I love the spangly blue and silver outfits that the fab 5 are wearing for the celebrations.

3 weeks time and it will be travel day!

Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

So glad you've decided. I think you'll love it.

All that food looks amazing ... I'm sat here drooling I also see from your countdown you've booked Yacht club! Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

The food festival sounds (and looks) delicious. A pity no such thing will be going on when we visit next Spring!

If you're not planning on being in your room much I'd stick with the cheapest hotel. I have to say though, I take your point about the Santa Fe bar area; Cheyenne looks far nicer.

Although I've never taken a solo trip, I don't think I'd feel comfortable eating at the table service restaurants on my own.

Have a fabulous time. Looking forward to the trippie.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Just jumped on board Cazzius. How exciting, a solo trip that is your secret
I’m almost going solo next year with DD 10 (secret from her too) and I have opted for Cheyenne as rooms refurbished and we like NEW
I’ll keep following for your tips etc
Oh and have a great time wherever you decide to stay
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
So glad you've decided. I think you'll love it.

All that food looks amazing ... I'm sat here drooling I also see from your countdown you've booked Yacht club! Xx
Thank you! I am sure I will like it, and it gives me a chance to try a hotel that I wouldn't usually stay at.

The food does look good, i'm deffo skipping breakfast on the day I head to the Studios for the food fest.

Yes, Yacht Club is booked for 2019 and I am really looking forward to it. Just in that frustrating time between booking and waiting to do anything else - can't even plan parks as hours aren't up yet.
Nevermind, I can keep myself entertained and live vicariously by reading your trippie

Old 11 Sep 18, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
The food festival sounds (and looks) delicious. A pity no such thing will be going on when we visit next Spring!

If you're not planning on being in your room much I'd stick with the cheapest hotel. I have to say though, I take your point about the Santa Fe bar area; Cheyenne looks far nicer.

Although I've never taken a solo trip, I don't think I'd feel comfortable eating at the table service restaurants on my own.

Have a fabulous time. Looking forward to the trippie.
Thanks for joining, reading and commenting

You never know, if this festival goes well they may try something in the Spring when you are there.

I have stuck with the Santa Fe so far, but the nicer bar area in Cheyanne is calling me. However, realistically I probably won't even go in the bar so should just save the hotel cost difference for treats and shopping!

This is my first ever solo trip! I travel alone for work quite a bit but I feel like as I am doing it for work it is different. This is a big step for me!
I was worried about Table Service alone too... so i'm not doing any! As it's only a short (2 night) trip I figure I can survive on Counter Service and delicious food festival offerings this time.

Thanks for reading and commenting Hope you have a great trip!

Old 11 Sep 18, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Just jumped on board Cazzius. How exciting, a solo trip that is your secret
I’m almost going solo next year with DD 10 (secret from her too) and I have opted for Cheyenne as rooms refurbished and we like NEW
I’ll keep following for your tips etc
Oh and have a great time wherever you decide to stay
Welcome aboard Flo-Tinka!

I keep nearly spilling the beans, but with only 2 weeks to go I have kept the secret so far

Oooh, I am so tempted by the Cheyenne! New is always so nice

That will be such a fun trip, just you and your DD! You will have a great time. Are you going to do matching ears or anything for your girls trip?

Thanks for reading and commenting!

Old 14 Sep 18, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Welcome aboard Flo-Tinka!

I keep nearly spilling the beans, but with only 2 weeks to go I have kept the secret so far

Oooh, I am so tempted by the Cheyenne! New is always so nice

That will be such a fun trip, just you and your DD! You will have a great time. Are you going to do matching ears or anything for your girls trip?

Thanks for reading and commenting!
Fun trip indeed! No details yet re matching ears/t shirts or anything for that matter
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List